1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Morey asked Josh to ask tough questions and he did. I don't get what the problem was

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

They're both lame

3. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

josh innes is a total jack a$$. cannot stand the guy. the only reason i tune in is because of rich lord. if rich left, no way i'd tune into to listen to josh.

same thing with the morning show. cannot stand john lopez either...the only reason i tuned in before was marc vandermeer. now that marc's gone, morning show blows.

only thing that's tolerable for me on 610 now is mad radio.

tune into 790 most of the time now

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Josh is a real dumb ass.

5. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

What's wrong with Lopez? People hate on him all the time and I don't really get it. He's not special but he doesn't seem bad. Innes is just difficult to listen to and terrible in every way.

6. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

And Mad Radio>>>>>>>>>>>Gwynn but I still would prefer Rome. Meh. Mike Meltzer is a likable guy.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Morey asked for tough questions. I have no issue with the question that was asked as it is a tough question.

I have a problem with how he asked. Typical wannabe shock-jock dbag Innes

He should take his shtick to FM morning radio where it belongs.

8. nickg

nickg Member

Hey, MAD radio has grown on me. I think mike Meltzer does a good job. I like josh and rich as well. Im not going to hate on someone because they aren't a complete homer with views that match perfectly with the most delusional posters here. **** would get boring quick

9. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Not being a homer is fine. Matt Thomas isn't a homer. He also is a long-time Houstonian with a real connection to the Rockets (was a funny bit today where he pretended he's only been here a month and got a guy to name off mid 90s Rockets stars before mentioning that he was the arena announcer during the two championships). You can be critical of the team in an intelligent way without being an annoying douche.

And you've got more room to be critical when you're actually a fan of the city and team who has a position because of something other than nepotism.

1 person likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Repped! Those are exactly my feelings.

11. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Not even close.

Tosh's vibe is that of the self deprecating variety. He wants to be laughed at, that's his job.

I can't imagine Innes puts himself much lower than 1st on Houston radio's proverbial totem pole, yet he gets all the wrong laughs and just rubs people the wrong way (even guests). Dude's got a golden ticket or something. Maybe he's related to someone at Clear Channel.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

610 is CBS radio. 790 is clear channel.

13. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Tosh's interviews aren't really at the expense of the Web Redemption people (usually). They're actually pretty reasonable- he taunts them a bit but gets them to have fun with it and it's not extremely confrontational. The "loud politician" guy actually took control and dominated things. The "look at this horse" segment had him point out that most (competent) people didn't think he really thought it was a horse, they just thought the producer had the wrong lines up or whatever.

They're completely different, no idea where the comparison even comes from.

1 person likes this.
  14. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

You're exactly right. Nepotism. His father used to be a big "voices" person (did Scooby/Shaggy) and then was really big in Louisiana radio. He's the only reason Josh gets radio jobs.

15. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

a lot of yall are just angry because Josh Innes isn't saying "Go Rockets" and that royce white is going to be the next lebron, d-mo the next Dirk, and lamb the next reggie miller.

He isn't a homer, so your going to hate what he has to say. Its natural to not like people who agree with you, but if we all agreed with each other the world would be a pretty boring place.

JR show I think is one of the best shows, and this comes from someone who works and travels and is in their car 4+ hours a day, so I hear my fair share of 790 and 610. What I don't like about 790 is that the hosts opinions change to whatever the public opinion is and they take too many fan calls.

What I like about 610, and especially J&R, is right now it is July and the astros are awful. So they will switch it up and talk about other stuff other than Dwight speculation and whatnot.

Its just my opinion, I like that Josh will ask Daryl Morey tough questions and not suck his d*** just because of who Morey is. I hate when I listen to guys on air, and then they get into an interview (after just bashing the guy they are interviewing) and are on their knees.

back on the topic, I liked the questions he asked Morey, and I liked Morey's responses as well. It was a very entertaining interview because it was real.

just my two cents

16. TheresTheDagger

Darryl baited Innes into asking those questions and Innes like the pavlovian dog he is got belligerent. Obviously not a lot of love lost.

I think it was hysterical because obviously Morey is comfortable with his status both with Les Alexander and in NBA circles.

Bottom line, his job security is one hell of a lot better than Josh Innnes.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

obvious 610 mole is obvious

18. conquistador#11

Dude is one of the biggest homers. just for the teams he cheers for though.
    Read Lelwestbrick's reply just a couple of posts above you. =)

19. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I thought he got angry at rich first for that "lack of recent success" comment or as Josh put it treading water.

side note i Can't believe Morey bust it out the "we won championships" card

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL wow when you try to seem unbiased and definately not a 610 employee..... you sound exactly like a 610 employee.

It's ok we know clutchfans is most of your guys "basketball sources" ;)

1 person likes this.