ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
kjayp is offline Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #41
kjayp
Contributing Member
kjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodkjayp is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19684
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGHurNAMEis View Post
[url] trade Martin + 2nd round pick for Josh Smith .
What world are u livin in? If we coulda made that trade it woulda been done at the deadline... lol
I want Smith, and have wondered if Scola or Kmart (in 3 way) + Bud or Morris or PPat + a least 1 first round pick would get it done... i still dont think its enough to get Atl to pull the trigger... lol not to mention theyre already paying a sg 18M with 4 more years on his contract...

We didn't tank - and we're on the rise.... remember that the next time you wanna rail about some 'treadmill of mediocrity...' I'll take DM's ability over the randomness of some ping pong balls anyday!

Sponsored Link
stylus8088 is offline Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #42
stylus8088
stylus8088 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32485

Pulling for Bucks to get this win. With Amare out indefinitely, it'll definitely hurt the Knicks' chances of getting that 8th spot.

jayhow92 is offline Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #43
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGHurNAMEis View Post
http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

Package off the NYK pick (Could be any # of players usually after 15 & that leaves Henson, Zeller, Jones, White), Klye Lowry, Sign & trade Goran Dragic + sweetener either MAVS pick or Patterson. .. ...

To Who?

The Brooklyn Nets. For Deron Williams

Hypothetically speaking let's say we thrown in Patterson & keep the pick seeing that Humprhies is a FA this year & they could use another pf. Especially one already developed, cheap salary, & is just seeking significant time & opportunity to continue development into a productive player. No need to weigh out pros & cons for either team both teams become instantly better.

We still have the MAVS pick to reload the frontcourt or backcourt. Use the MAVS pick on Mason Plumlee. Allowing D-Mo to continue to develop overseas for another year, however if we bring him over that can lead to another chain of events (amnesty Scola & trade Martin + 2nd round pick for Josh Smith), changing our Plumlee pick to. .. …

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marquis-teague

We can either bring over LLul (from my limited understanding on his buyout seems pricey next year) this seems highly unlikely though. Seeing he doesn’t want to be under a rookie contract & if he waits one more year he wouldn’t have to be under that pay scale. So let’s say he stays another year.

We possibly have two second round picks - I say address backup pg issue here (unless D-Mo comes over & we draft Teague in the first round with MAVS pic) with

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myck-kabongo.

Potential line ups (option A)

D-Will/Kabongo
Martin/ Lee(resigned)/Bud
Parsons/Morris
Scola/Plumlee
Bear/Camby

(Option B)
D-Will/Teague
Lee(resigned)/Bud
Parsons/Morris
Josh Smith/D-Mo
Bear/Camby

Option A is more realistic. I honestly don’t see us amnestying Scola this year.
Option B is more of one of my fantasies I would like to see come into fruition. Really is a reach but feasible.
This can't happen and won't happen.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 03-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Update:

After games played on March 26, 2012

NYK Pick
-15th overall (Would be 13th if NYK not in playoffs)
-NYK ranked 8th in East
-Belong to HOU

HOU Pick
-16th or 17th Overall
-HOU ranked 8th in West
-Belong to NJN

Dallas Pick
-21st overall
-DAL ranked 5th in West
-Belong to HOU

Summary: If season ended today, HOU would have 2 picks, 15th overall and 21st overall.

coachbadlee is offline Old 03-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #45
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Update:

After games played on March 26, 2012

NYK Pick
-15th overall (Would be 13th if NYK not in playoffs)
-NYK ranked 8th in East
-Belong to HOU

HOU Pick
-16th or 17th Overall
-HOU ranked 8th in West
-Belong to NJN

Dallas Pick
-21st overall
-DAL ranked 5th in West
-Belong to HOU

Summary: If season ended today, HOU would have 2 picks, 15th overall and 21st overall.
Lookin good.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

fallenphoenix is offline Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #46
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673
it kills me that we gave up our 1st round pick this year for the squid

Easy is offline Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
Easy
Contributing Member
Easy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemEasy is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6116
The sliding of those bubble teams in the West shrinks the gap between Knicks making the playoffs and not. Root for the Bucks, the Wolves and the Blazers to overtake NY.

Omer is offline Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #48
Omer
Omer is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16473
Thanks for the update Carl.

Painting_Shade is offline Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #49
Painting_Shade
Contributing Member
Painting_Shade is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16279
We need to lose tonight... Lol

coachbadlee is offline Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #50
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painting_Shade View Post
We need to lose tonight... Lol
I'm on the fence about this.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #51
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I'm on the fence about this.
I'm not. We are hurting and without depth. That spells disaster for the playoffs. I'd take 3 draft picks rather than 1 in this draft (If we knock the Mavs out of the top 10).

wadero is offline Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #52
wadero
wadero is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #45155
Correc me if I am wrong, If we dont make the Playoffs we dont give up the pick to NJ right?? Not calling for us to Tank just want to understand the Pick status

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian

Yung-T is offline Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #53
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadero View Post
Correc me if I am wrong, If we dont make the Playoffs we dont give up the pick to NJ right?? Not calling for us to Tank just want to understand the Pick status
Yup, that's basically it. That also is a bit tied to the Dallas pick as we are direct competitors. Making playoffs could result in us losing both picks.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

emjohn is offline Old 03-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
emjohn
Contributing Member
emjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeememjohn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6332
Quote:
We get NYK no matter what
We get Dallas if they finish in the top 10 (pick is #21 or higher)
We keep our pick if we miss the playoffs

“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”

DrNuegebauer is offline Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #55
DrNuegebauer
DrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDrNuegebauer is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1358
Quote:
Yeh, but then we have to give it up next year.

A very POSITIVE scenario would be for us to make the playoffs this season and for the Mavs to fall OUTSIDE the top 20.

I hear you: "Huh? Are you insane?"

When it comes to trades, first round picks are gold - especially ones like the Mavs pick. It is unprotected in the final season - what's the guarantee that the Mavs will be good that season? Worst case, you get a top 20 pick anyway.

We then also have the rights to our own pick back - effectively making us able to offer 2 first round picks in a trade.

The way we've been asked to build, this is the way that we get a big star: through a trade - a team with a superstar looking to 'blow it up' might swing for a couple of firsts [or more if we throw in a second of our own]

basketballholic says:
TJones is starting because we don't have anybody else. TJones is giving us nothing more (and probably not as much) as Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Nut-grabber or some other garbage man pf would give us.
L
O
L

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #56
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjohn View Post
We get NYK no matter what
It is top 3 proected.

If they are in the lotto and Stern pulls one of his classic riggings (the reason why we have this stupid lottery), THEN we lose it.

But more than likely, it should be ours.

ivenovember is online now Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
ivenovember
ivenovember is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineivenovember is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedRocketsRed View Post
It is top 3 proected.

If they are in the lotto and Stern pulls one of his classic riggings (the reason why we have this stupid lottery), THEN we lose it.

But more than likely, it should be ours.
It's actually top-5 protected.

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #58
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
My bad, you are right.

Regardless, we need to hope Stern does not pull an 85

ivenovember is online now Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #59
ivenovember
ivenovember is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineivenovember is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27003
My nightmare has been that the Knicks pick is somewhere from 6 to 10 in this great draft and Stern pulls something to get them a top-3 pick.

ArtV is offline Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #60
ArtV
Contributing Member
ArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the pointsArtV is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5167
Carl had a thread earlier about this but it's not looking good for the Rockets.

Out of the remaining 15 games, 10 are against .500 or better teams. For the month of March, we are .222 vs teams over .500. 8 games are on the road (we're .300 on the road) and 5 are back-to-back.

Can we dog paddle our way to keep above .524 - which is last year's finishing record? Personally with all these injuries, I see us finishing just under that and picking at 14 - again.