1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Draft Pick Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let's go Phoenix! Clap clap clap clap clap!

Time to force Morey's hand.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I swear if we get the # 14 pick again I am going to create an I told you so thread with so much profanity I will get banned.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe we get the 15th or 16th

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Disgraceful and without honor.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

That would mean playoffs which long term I don't feel getting bounced in the first round is that helpful but whatever.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

How would that even be possible?

7. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

If we tank now, it would still be conceivable to get a top 10 pick..

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

We make the playoffs and the Knicks make the playoffs. It would be the Knicks pick.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Right. Just assumed we were talking Rockets pick.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can all say Lowry won't be a major factor in this Playoff-chase. The likeliest scenario is Martin miraculously decides to show up healthy and motivated to score 20+ points again... and I think the odds are shrinking.

I give it 10% probability.

11. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

So as of now, we would have the 14, 15, and 21st picks. If ny was not in the playoffs, that pick would be 12.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Doubtful you can package those to move up like we did for Eddie Griffin. Still this is the deepest draft in awhile...

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

deep in star talent or deep in good role player type of talents remains to be seen.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think we can agree it's deeper than last year. Sullinger, Barnes, Perry all these guys were thought to be coming out last year and stayed in school. Not saying they will be stars but this is a good draft to have multiple picks.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This only works if we bundle up our assets to acquire one or two quality borderliners or even allstars.
    We have to make room for those picks, then Motiejunas.

16. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Look man, I'm all in favor of tanking. If it was up to me, we'd have blown the team up when Yao went down, finished with 10 wins the last few seasons, and have be well on our way to building a contender around some high lottery picks. But that this point, tanking doesn't get us anything that would be worth the cost in morale, player value, and fan interest. That ship has sailed for this season. Best thing for this franchise is to make the playoffs, discharge our pick obligation to the Nets, and enjoy watching our guys for as many extra games as they can squeeze out.

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

The 15-16th pick is the best possible pick we could give NJ. We should hand it to them when the team is doing really well (top 4 in the West). For now, I say bundle our 3 first rounders, along with Martin and Scola, and try to trade up (again) for someone we can potentially build around. That should also clear up some cap space to both resign some players and possibly lure in a max free agent over the summer.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That might be a good way to start things from scratch.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's what I want. Stop dicking around with this team and just start from scratch. Move Scola, bring in Donatas. Draft a SG and move Martin. Resign Dragic and Lee and be set.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Call me a hater but I actually love it. I'd be for trading Scola, K-Mart, Lowry and getting even more picks, playing all our youngsters and the draftees, even if we suck big time for two or three more years. Would be an instant reset button for us.