1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo or Stoud?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Screw Melo. I would jump on STAT. His offense and rebounding is better than Scola's and I cannot imagine his D being any worse. Given his athleticism and bigger size, it should be better.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Wonder if it keeps going this bad in NY, if the Knicks might let STAT go to us for our collection of expiring contracts (after we don't pick up any options on the 09 draft busts), and their pick back. Although this is a lopsided trade in terms of talent, it is not as crazy as it sounds, considering: 1) STAT's uninsurable knees, and 2) NY is back in the game to make a run at Deron or Dwight this summer.

We could run STAT at PF, and bring Scola off the bench. I think he would flourish here. If he stays healthy, that is. Remember that Morey supposedly previously tried to trade for him.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Neither.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Neither. No thanks to both.

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Amare is aging very, very quickly. I don't know if you guys have actually watched their games this year but he can't beat anyone off the dribble anymore, rarely posts up and settles for contested jumpers early in the shot clock.

Melo, however, is the best offensive player in the league. He's also the most clutch player, too (leads the league in fourth quarter points, is nearly unstoppable in the last minute of the game). For this reason, amongst a multitude of others, he will not be traded.

So yeah...

/thread

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

CAA er Melo ain't leaving NYC so Stat - - wait a minute, $80 mil owed with no insurance on his knees? His microfractured knees?

Leave them both to rot in Manhattan - - with their Knixies falling to a #6 draft Lotto in June. Alas, they'll make the p/o's, 6th or 7th seed at worst. More's the pity...

8. sbyang

sbyang Member

The Knicks are trying to dump STAT but they will find no takers.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

No, he's not.

.512 TS%.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Stat is not Duncan. Carmelo is not Wade.

Neither guy is a superstar. They will take you the 6th-8th seed and that's about it. They are not good enough to get the Rockets a high seed or make a difference. It's just more of the mediocrity treadmill, but the Rockets would be able to dump him for a couple of years. At least Scola and Martin are not injured and have tradeable contracts that can be dumped anytime.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Both no players that can carry a team to a championship. They have too big holes in their overall game to help a serious team.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

STAT is inury prone, and has a terrible contract. Don't you think we've seen enough of those players on the rockets?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

neither. pass.

i'd like the face of the franchise to play defense and make their teammates better. those guys can't play together because they don't do either one.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

They might not be able to carry a team, but they sure as hell will get you a lot closer to a championship than any of the players we have now. I would jump at the chance to get either one of these players.

15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I'm speaking on more of a one on one basis. He's got the best moves of anyone around. There's no one else I want in the league with the ball in his hands for the last shot.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Neither strike me as the player I would want to build a franchise on AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREER.

Id take either one, but at this point in their career and with their contracts and health issues..... no thank you.

However, out of the two I would rather have a healthy Amare. If I knew he was going to be healthy throughout his contract then I say yes.

Melo I would rather trade for now, but not at the expense of Lowry. We all know though that Melo will not be traded at any cost to the Knicks. He's a Knick for life.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We dodged the bullet on both of these guys.....WHEW !

DD

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Knicks are vulnerable right now until BD comes back and even then because of depth issues, remain at a disadvantage this year. But of course they play in the weak East. They could even make a move to bolster things, so anything is possible. That said, dig it deeper guys.

Melo and Amare aren't going anywhere at this point as Thomas and Dolan's "vision" isn't complete.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

I think they can play together in the right system. Right now it's all isos and jacking up threes as the shot clock expires.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I would take Melo. Elite (offensive at least) wings are on most championship teams.