1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oslo Attacks: Suspicion Falls on Attackers Rather than Religion I Don't Like

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/Norway_Stunned_By_Terror_Attack_126041528.html

Trust me jackie, you'll thank me for starting this thread at some point.

Sooo....they have crazy right wing militia types in Scandinavia too? Who the hell knew that?

2 people like this.
  2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it goes to show ya!

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Pretty wacky. You could blame the long, dreary winters but:
    * it summer. people suppose get horny (not bomby)
    and
    * Oklahoma as counter-example.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This has already been posted in the other thread.

Plus:

1) The thread title was not my wording.
    2) Almost all articles initially speculated that this could be an Al Qaeda style attack, it was a developing story.
    3) Even the thread title I copied from the Guardian (not exactly a right-wing publication) does not talk about a RELIGION "I don't like" behind the attacks, but about religious extremists. I can see how you are intellectually unable to understand the difference.

Triple fail, ScamFisher. Go back to chasing ambulances.

#4 AroundTheWorld, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Awesome.

The other thread starts off with a full hard-on and then quickly takes on the damage control mode.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If this is your sentiment in light of these terrible attacks, it says a lot about you. Good day.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Another failed attempt at deflection.

*tsk tsk*

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

To talk about a hard-on when reporting a bomb attack in which many innocent people lost their lives says a lot about your character. Maybe that is the way you think. It isn't the way I think.

To even assume that I or anyone else would be "happy" to find news about terrorist attacks as long as they are committed by someone I would supposedly like to see indicted is insulting, stupid, and says a lot more about you than it says about me.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hate really white people.

1 person likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I assume you have never been to Oslo. I have, several times. This hits pretty close to home. If you think this whole thing is funny - I don't.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing most major news outlets had this pegged as an Islamic fundamentalist terror attack, so you can't really blame ATW for that. Now that we have more info, just amend the original thread title and quit the pissing contest.

1 person likes this.
  13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Trying to gain sympathy now that you have been exposed AGAIN?

Wont work ATW...

1 person likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

+1

Don't blame ATW for this. Every news outlet and intelligence thought the most likely culprit was some form of Islamic extremism.

Now you can discuss the actual topic at hand, or you can keep discrediting ATW for simply relaying the message of a developing news story.

1 person likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ don't blame the dude who has a bizarr-o interweb hard on for muslim bashing - who started a thread prematurely calling out the brown peeps for something they didn't do - because a news article out of tens of thousands of them speculated the same?

Gentleman - if the internet isn't for laughing at folx who obnoxiously overstep their bounds and have it explode in their face - I ask you what is it for (other than pr0n)?

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its sad that there isn't / wasn't a thread that just said "Bombing in Oslo and shooting at Youth Camp".

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd be happy if a mod could change the thread title of my thread to that. At the time I posted it, the news about the shooting at the youth camp had not even come out.

As you say, tens of thousands of them speculated the same. I just randomly quoted one of them. Also, for your information, Mr. Racist, not all Muslims are what you call "brown peeps".

We see that you are desperately trying to bump your typical little wannabe-witty thread that has largely been ignored.

What remains is that you are a small-minded, bitter little jerk.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm somewhat sympathetic, but #1 is weak. We all have the choice of what to name a thread. You could have easily titled the thread to reflect the event and then conveyed the speculation about the perp in the comments before you post articles. In fact, you could have posted an article about the facts of the bombing and then posted the article you led with. Regardless, you don't have to use a newspaper headline to title your thread.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't have to, but I did. Fact is, I did not come up with the thread title. I was lazy and just copied it from the title of the article. Like myself and other people have done 1,000 times before on here. The only reason this is being made an issue is because small-minded people like the bitter jerk SamFisher see an opportunity to use the fact that the newspaper's speculation that this was done by Islamist militants was incorrect against me.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

ATW is the Basso of muslim hating

2 people like this.