1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oslo Attacks: Suspicion Falls on Attackers Rather than Religion I Don't Like

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

The world once again recoils in surprise shock that terrorism isn't the particular purview of a single religion, ideology, or ethnic group. No more churches built by blonde haired blue eyed men in my neighborhood!

1 person likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Air Langhi is the idiot of village idiots.

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

serious question: how many hours a day do you sleep? I swear you've been replying to threads the entire past 24 hours. Don't take it the wrong way.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm a bot ;).

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

ATW i honestly think you toned down your Muslim propaganda. There are far worse Muslim haters on this board. I have seen numerous posts of you at least stating that most Muslims are not extremists. There are a few that can't even admit that.

1 person likes this.
  6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Greenwald writes well...

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am somewhat heartened that some Jihadist groups actually tried to claim responsibility. To me that might be a sign that they have weakened or are disorganized enough that they have to claim responsibility for something they didn't carry out to gain attention.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

been around the world and I - E - Yiahh yiahh yiahh

In your case it's starting snarky threads like this.. I think it may be true that jackie is quick to call out the muslims, and fair to say he wouldn't be the first. Those of you here that didnt think muslim terrorist at first are sh88ting yourself. jackie posted a link so clearly there were news outlets/journalists thinking the same. I love it when people here act like they are awesome , and people are always quick to nail someone for a misstep. that I am okay with, since it's fun. by now through default , some of you are older than 12. I think jackie and fishsmack gotta be in their 20's by now.

We all have our schtick, and I happen to like yours fish. Really though if there isn't any controversy ,some playful internet ragging , then there is nothing else. We are here to be entertained otherwise you are part of the problem not the solution. Doesnt make it right though.. just remember that fish since you ARE being a jackass. Some people take things a little too seriously on here despite, yes, this was pretty serious.

The fact that the guy was white norwegian that looks probably like jackies twin brother (I know you jackie ,I picture you with that backstreet boyz corny facial shave :)) does probably open the eyes to some of these norwegian nationalist (err nordic/scandivania ikea elitism) types that say 'never in norway .. only in america' might be rethinking that crazy might just be crazy.

I'm not saying anything good can come of this ,but perhaps socially some of the high horse jump to conclusion mentality ( can I haz generalization) that is often displayed in the scandavanian /n europe (and german for you jackie) mindset might be rethought. Perhaps there really are so screwed up people and we need to peel the next layer of the onion to understand and prevent this type of asshattery.

Perhaps this is a weird way to bring jackie, and the muslims together in the sense that maybe it's not so much about being muslim,, or this or that, and more about being a jackass low intelligent fu** and understanding the distinction. in that sense mohammed atta ,and this anders character are one in the same.

In ireland they get to use gangsterism to support the IRA, and in the basque country they use ETA to promote illegal extortion, and other organized crime associated businesses.

It's an excuse to be a piece of crap. In this case I would like for jackie to tell me the difference between mohammed atta and anders? its jackassery in the end,, and nothing more.

I hope as a world culture hopefully we are getting closer to understanding that at least... I mean how can you say anything more than these guys are just low intelligence pieces of crap? its nothing to do with religion its about stupidity. in the case of movement examples like ETA or IRA its about guys wanting to put a name to not having to get a real job. I 've always maintained if the crips and bloods could get a cause they might be more respected. ETA is to Bloods as ZETAs is IRA. its people with low intelligence that dont want real jobs.

As for teh snarkies It's not like you, or jackie, or I are going to meetup and create lifelong anythings ,so it's actually more fun to snarky here. Jackie lost this round, but I do appreciate seeing an ambulance chaser and a german version duke it out. I am no longer allowed to rep jackie since he won't take any of my private email. Oh well we all have our fan clubs. I am a sir jackie and smackfisher kinda guy...keep up the good work fellas

tl, dnr - ADVANTAGE BLOUSES

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I can't find the "sad irony" smiley face.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its not necessarily that people are just inclined to associate terrorism with Muslims (that's part of it). We also tend to think of terrorist acts as being planned/funded by some sort of organization rather than a lone individual. If it turned out that this was planned by some far-right, non-Muslim organization, I don't think there would be any questions that it was terrorism.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fully expect every Christian to denounce this atrocity. The fact that the Christian community has been sitting idly is quite telling.

1 person likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

At least that "manifest" by this lunatic reads like there are clearly more people involved.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I thought you had matured, but this might not be the case.

http://www.bosnewslife.com/17691-breaking-news-norway-churches-pray-as-terror-death-toll-rises-to-91

Note also that the guy did not cite his religion as the main motivating factor of his actions. His motivation seems to be a crude mix of racism, xenophobia and Nazi-like ideology.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Religion of Peace!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Motive is something that is typically lost in these discussions, or conveniently ignored when it isn't what people wish it was. It will be interesting to see what surfaces as the investigation continues.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's literally ALL in the 1,500 page document I linked to in the other thread. I have been reading this crazy crap for hours now. Everything is in there, all the details of his mental state, how he planned it, the bomb recipe, his arms, etc. etc. The guy kept a meticulous log of everything he did.

He was on steroids, too.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly I wrote that in parody.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Glad to hear.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Have we heard if he was reciting Bible passages or declaring "Jesus Christ FTW!" or something as he murdered these people?

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

FYI, according to police this guy is a self-proclaimed Christian extremist. He says he's going to explain himself in court. We'll see what he says, from what I gather he's going to spew some religious nonsense. Nice try to deflect it as "Nazi" ideology. I've already predicted that there will be people like him who will get violent, I'm surprised he didn't target a mosque, but I'm guessing he probably could not find any Muslims, it is Norway after all.

BTW, I don't think you had malicious intentions with the title you chose for your post. Rather, I blame the media for jumping on something without any evidence, I expect that from bloggers and forum posters. Sad that the integrity of the media is in such a poor state.