ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)
Tags:  allen iverson, basketball, calvin murphy, championship, defense, elvin hayes, hakeem olajuwon, houston rockets, iphone, nba, retro rockets, terrence williams, twitter Tags
dobro1229 is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Dear Terrence,

Its your PR department speaking. Here's a word of advice. GET THE F&*^% OFF OF TWITTER before you destroy your second chance you have with the Rockets.

This message just tweeted by TWilliams.

#wordaapp
We all claim we want the other side, till we jump in that water n it's deeper then we thought either hold on {patience} or get better word^
about 24 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

-I dont know if this is directed at Adelman about not playing or whatnot, but what else would it be about. Look, I get it. You are frustrated because you are not getting playing time right away, but you and the anxious fans need to sit back and realize that your time is coming if you just wait till the trading deadline when a player will be moved to give you an opportunity.

The dude has talents, but he still doesn't realize what its all about. Superstars are not born overnight, and your talents are not special in the NBA. You are going to have to work hard and serve your time like every other player that has ever lead their team to a championship.

You need to watch yourself or you will be blacklisted faster than you can say Allen Iverson or Stephon Marbury.

I like Terrence's talent and abilities, but egomaniacs like this should not be allowed to share the same history as great players and people such as Hakeem, Clyde, Elvin Hayes, Calvin Murphy, and Rudy T. Be humble. Show some respect and your time will come.

I dont know about you guys, but its time for this guy to realize his place in this franchise and get the hell off of twitter before you dig yourself out of a hole you cannot climb out of.

Sponsored Link
RocketMadness is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
RocketMadness
RocketMadness is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43857

ಠ_ಠ
٩๏̯͡๏)۶

Francis3422 is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Francis3422
Francis3422 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsFrancis3422 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsFrancis3422 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsFrancis3422 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1341
Sounds like some crappy two-bit rap lyric.

mickey_angelo is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
mickey_angelo
mickey_angelo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmickey_angelo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46014
What's wrong with the tweet? He's frustrated, it happens.

RedRedemption is online now Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43241
I love how everyone does that. Post these smart-ass looking passive-aggressive status updates on Facebook and Twitter. Seriously; you look like a damned moron and a pussy. Be a man (or a manly woman) and don't post this random crap.

SpaceCityKid is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
SpaceCityKid
Rookie
SpaceCityKid is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpaceCityKid is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpaceCityKid is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44819
It's great to be an american, he's just excersicing his freedom of speech.

Codeo is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Codeo
Codeo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45085
So he's saying he needs to "hold on" for a trade to give him an open spot in the rotation, or "get better" to earn himself a spot in the rotation. What an asshole.

mickey_angelo is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
mickey_angelo
mickey_angelo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodmickey_angelo is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
^exactly. He said he needs to be patient or get better, how are either of those negatives.

dobro1229 is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCityKid

He's been part of this FRANCHISE for about two weeks. Show some respect and dont post your frustrations for everyone in the world to see. Thats the point of this post. Get off of Twitter and save yourself your reputation. I really hope the Rockets didnt waste a 2012 pick to his ego.

megastahr is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31828
no for real this guy is an idiot....love his game...but i unfollowed him on twitter because he was so stupid.

He embarrasses himself.

Lin, Harden, Parsons, ???, Howard

Fyreball is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
Fyreball
Contributing Member
Fyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39843
I'm not 100% sure what you're so mad about. He said he either needs to exercise patience, or get better. Either one of those options is a POSITIVE, and frankly, not something he would have done in the past. If anything, it seems to me like Terrence is growing up.

napalm_black is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCityKid
Ah, freedom of speech. The 2010 excuse for being antagonistic/disrespectful/just plain ignorant.

Ironically I don't see a lot wrong with Williams' post... like someone else said, it's just random passive aggressive self-aggrandizing.

dobro1229 is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
dobro1229
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyreball
I'm not 100% sure what you're so mad about. He said he either needs to exercise patience, or get better. Either one of those options is a POSITIVE, and frankly, not something he would have done in the past. If anything, it seems to me like Terrence is growing up.

The point is that this guy is posting his frustrations about PT on Twitter for everyone to see. Whether he is being serious or sarcastic doesn't matter. The dude needs to get off of Twitter before something really blows up with him and management.

durvasa is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #14
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
I don't read his tweets (nor, for that matter, the tweets of any other athletes). But what he wrote there is harmless. He's frustrated that he's not getting more playing time, but also recognizes that he needs to show patience and/or get better. Nothing wrong with that.

mickey_angelo is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #15
mickey_angelo
Ego? That tweet isn't minimally egotistical. You should probably just unfollow him to make it easy on yourself.

HTown_TMac is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #16
HTown_TMac
HTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHTown_TMac is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #18002
Honestly.. I dont think it has much to do with it, it seems like a random quote.

Now maybe he picked it because he realizes he needs to be patient..

EffTheJazz!!! is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
EffTheJazz!!!
EffTheJazz!!! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #45828
LMFAO this is just like last year when Lowry posted something and everybody went crazy and assumed he wanted a trade.. I happen to follow @TheRealTWil and he posts a bunch of random crap like every half hour.. its not a big deal, it's prolly just some saying he copied from the internet or a lyric like everyone else does.. chill out and let the man post what he wants.. who are you to tell him to get off? Stop overreacting and even if it did mean something so what? WOW

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfL6xOxFD8E

REVERBNATION: http://www.reverbnation.com/dadaoffi...eader_icon_nav

glimmertwins is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
glimmertwins
glimmertwins is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineglimmertwins is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyreball
That's also how I took it. Sounds like he has a pretty good perspective on things - better teams have better talent on their teams and it's harder to make those teams so he has to get more patient to wait his turn or get better. It sounds like his tweet is more a comment on how he naively thought things would be just as easy on a tougher team.

"Everything looks like a nail to a hammer."

shoodomoney is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
shoodomoney
shoodomoney is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44730
I'm not sure if I'm misreading it or not, so I apologize if I'm wrong, but I interpreted it this way: we all want something and then when we finally get it, we realize it's more than we bargained for. The only way to deal with it is patience or improving oneself.

I think he's saying that he wants a spot in the rotation (want the other side), but that it could be more than he can handle at this time (deeper than we thought). He's telling himself that he either has to get better to earn his playing time or simply be patient.

Or, you know, the tweet could be about something completely non-basketball related.

Tfj4 is offline Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #20
Tfj4
Tfj4 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35684