1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Any chance of moving this to the dish? This is the thread that will not die!!!!

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is the wrong thread for this discussion, in my opinion, since it was really about T-Will's tweets, attitude on Twitter, etc. It's somehow become the all-encompassing Terrence Williams thread. I'll see if I can split this out.

Would anyone disagree that the Houston Rockets franchise is far, far ahead of the Sacramento Kings?

The Rockets are a likely playoff team, run by a numbers wizard from MIT. They make smart, calculated, low-risk moves with potential rewards. The Rockets place a premium on winning and winning now -- they field players who won't hurt them and give them the best chance to win in the present.

The Kings are a lottery team (again) and are run by a guy getting blasted as an idiot, who has made several terrible moves over the past few years. The Kings are wallowing through losing seasons, throwing their young talent out on an NBA court and letting the cream rise.

So line those two teams up in a race to true contender status and the Rockets, with a massive lead to start, should kill the Kings... right?

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

We are far ahead for sure.

I'm taking a smart GM who makes all the right moves but doesn't tank over one that makes horrible decisions but is able to get the team a high lottery pick every year.

The Kings are arguably the most talented team in the NBA. All that talent compacted into one team, and still one of the worse teams in the NBA.

A good GM makes all the difference.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Disagree. Better scorer than bud,better defender than lee and better ball handler than parson. The real deal is he's a sg who can do multiple things regardless if he's scoring or not. He saves roster spots while on the floor. He can play the 1,2,and 3. He's more of a 2 than a 3,but his versitility is warranted on a team that has very little.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't know and I think that is what you are trying to say, that the Rockets are really not close to being a contender, and neither are the Kings, but the Kings have a lot of those "HIGH" upside guys that DM is always talking about and we don't.

DD