1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams PR Department (AKA STOP TWEETING)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Rockets_4_life

Okay lol, yeah I just saw that.. oops.

Truth be told I agree with the guy...

2. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol he's just being hood. it's a joke ya'll.

3. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

4. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

^^^^^^^^^

didn't wanna tweet that and have another mofo start a new thread

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

BossRolen Bill Bolen
    @ @TheRealTWill This dude wonders why he's been traded so often and not gotten a lot of minutes. Stop tweeting you dumbass.

alright, who was it this time....

6. acjeitherocket

Lmao...this thread is a fail

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Don't you get it? These guys only want to hear what they want to hear. They want cookie cutter and generic answers. They don't want guys to truthfully speak their mind.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If u or I worked a job that could be considered high profile within the company and you tweeted something negative about the company to the public, would that not be considered negatively viewed by your employer and potentially get you mandated? Esspecially since Morey is one of his followers it just boggles my mind. Do you want to dig a bigger hole for yourself?

Look, I want the guy to speak his mind as well, but more than that, I want the guy to play and become a special talent for the Rockets. If he continues on this route he will end up in the doghouse with management again and that pick, which could end up being pretty solid, was waisted.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He was not hired or getting paid to be a role model. His job is to play basketball. if you want a sport where guys are suppose to be role models, watch golf or bowling or something.

1 person likes this.
  10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What negative comment about the rockets did he make? He's been nothing but positive since he got here and has said he likes the change of scenery.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He hasn't. A few posters just seem to have a Bible stuck up their asses with the way they act. He is a basketball player not a reverend. Some people need to grow up and face reality.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe someone should tweet him and kindly remind him that team officials monitor tweets, so he should be more careful.

13. dobro1229

You guys still dont get it do you??... If he keeps tweeting these kinds of comments we will never get to see him on the court, and that draft pick they gave up is wasted.

My concern for him not pissing off the management and coaches is because I want him to see the court. The kid has tons of talent and the Rockets need him.

The Rockets and Adelmans staff run a tight ship. Wake up and smell reality son.

14. dobro1229

@TheRealTWill rockets are ****ed up for not playin ya bruh! you a beast they need to let ya loose on the league[/QUOTE]

He didnt post this himself, but he reposted it. So he might as well have said it himself.

15. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

i have this discussion with friends of mine alot i think to be truly great you need to be arrogant how you present yourself is neither here nor there its how you hold yourself i think. imo he holds himself well and we wants and thinks he is good enough to tear it up that is promising.

16. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I would agree, he is hungry to play and should be. Whats wrong with that?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not even sure where to start with this. Really, just a terrible post all around.

Is it not clear to you that a huge percentage of kids who grow up in major American cities either idolize and NBA player or have aspirations of being in the NBA themselves?

Is it not clear that you should hold yourself to a minimum standard of conduct regardless of what occupation you choose?

And seriously how the hell does basketball entitle you to be less of a role model than a golfer? I'm just confused.

It has nothing to do with 'having a bible up your butt', it has everything to do with common sense.

I don't think Williams is really out of line here, but this thread has sure generated some interesting views.

#97 napalm06, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow that is too awesome.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

we'll not all of them are doing a good job because some nba players be saying some of the most reckless **** on twitter without even being fined.

20. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I pretty much agree with this. Whether or not athletes should be role models is an entirely different discussion altogether, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone to realize their position in society, and respond and behave accordingly.

Having said that, I honestly don't see anything wrong with what Terrence has been tweeting. I haven't seen anything in this thread that should make Rockets brass worried. In fact, I'm hoping this is relatively encouraging for Morey and co. Clearly Terrence is hungry to prove himself and help this team, and he's certainly not lacking in the confidence department, which is a good thing in this league if it can be harnessed properly.

Maybe it's just me, but I learned a long time ago that nothing particularly profound can, has, or ever will be said on Twitter. It almost seems like it's specifically designed to make all of its users sound like morons.

If you don't like what someone is saying on Twitter - And in all honesty I don't know why anyone would - Don't read their Twitter.