1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookies making posts on a totally different subject than the thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Harrisment, Jul 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've seen this several times lately and it is getting really annoying. Because the "rookies" can't make new threads, they instead post links/opinions/etc about certain topics in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the original thread. As an example, see post #3 in this thread: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=114671

I'm not sure what can be done about it, or if the rookies actually know that doing that is a big no no around here. The rooks that are actually making good posts and are an asset to our community here are getting a bad name because of things like this.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Give them a warning, then ban them if they do it again.

Or

Ban them, then give them a warning. :D

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I agree.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Can't they just realize their opinion doesn't matter? and even if It did, their point has probably already been made and then some by the more articulate members of the board.

I propose we ban all n00bs who do not measure up to our high stannerds of excellentude. It will help us get over this whole Gay business that has caused so much heartache.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hey guys, I heard from a good source that we are NOT drafting Reggie Bush, but Mario Williams.

A link to follow.

Just kidding, Just Kidding. I'm guessing that if the news is noteworthy, another member will post it. I'm guessing the Lebron signing was kinda obvious. I don't think he was signing with Chicago, New york, or Los Angeles. Plus, it's the weekend, and it's kinda slow. I've been on this website all day cause I was at work.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree that is very annoying. Sometimes I don't see them, so if you spot something, please just "report the post" and I'll take care of it. Thanks...

There are many rookies who will become solid posters. I don't want this to be a JVG-board -- no playing time for rookies. But we tried at first allowing "rookies" to post new threads and for some, that's all they did. I think allowing new posters time to post and get accustomed to the board is the best thing right now ... once they're upgraded they can start new threads.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Yes, when I was a rookie I hated that, I thought that I had some good threads I could've made but I wasn't able to. I didn't do anything like that though, I just sucked it up and went about, in time, they will get promoted to Member.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

So you're saying you would have played Gay despite the fact that he's a rookie?

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

11. Juggler

Juggler Member

or then spam to spam...

*PS... Which is acceptable if they throw in a interesting tidbit of team history.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I realized this a long time ago yet I still continue to post. Maybe I should be downgraded?

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

:eek:

lol, u make me feel worthless.... :eek: , but clutch, y can't rookies start a thread on bbs hangout? i understand about garm, but we rookies are also human... we like to share our life expiernce like relationships, comp problem, and etc.

14. Heath

Heath Member

You could make a sticky for rookies to post "new" ideas in so it can be ignored there instead - then they wont have to pollute other threads with a "hey please post this in a new thread" request. And what do you know, maybe one in a hundred will actually have info worth someone making a new thread - but most likely as ppl say it will be discussed already - but this will give the rookies that are (or on the way to becoming) solid posters a place to post their hot info.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

how in the hell do some rookies have 600 posts since april????

16. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Maybe because they think increasing their post count is what gets them promoted out of "rookie" status?

There are several newcomers whose opinions I've come to value over the past couple months. However, it seems like for every valuable rookie that joins the community, there are ten 13-year old spammers that join as well.

New members actually don't bother me that much though. I think most of them start to "get it" after a while...even the 13-year old spammers. The folks that've been around for a few months and think they have the right to criticize/pass judgment on newer rookies annoy the hell out of me.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I thought it was post count, did that change? If it did change, I say that's a good thing. Even if you start your first year on the team, you are still a rookie and need to carry the vets bags and it should be the same here.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well, it didnt change per se..

rookies are rookies until they show enough good solid posts for the selection committee(Clutch) to decide they deserve member status.

this is different than the old way of being a jr member till you reached a certain post threshold.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, there is the same netiquette issues in the hangout and the GARM. But, I like this idea anyway because it is somehow less problematic for people to start useless threads in the hangout. Clutch, at least let rookies start threads in the D&D -- so we may prey on the poor innocents.

20. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

BAN THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT! ;)

Luther Head did get a lot of playing time and even started a few games. Perhaps you should change the rule to allow rookies to start new threads if a senior member becomes injured. ;)