1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookies making posts on a totally different subject than the thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Harrisment, Jul 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

Thank you too. I really appriciate the advice cuz I bet I do need it and respect is something that I want to have with everyone. I can only hope I gain my respect in time to come.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So what's his middle name?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree completely, R2K. He should--at least--think about capitalizing the first letter of the sentence. ;)

Cool stuff, Rocketswon. You went from writing a huge sentence, maybe one period and no commas, to an entire thought with commas and a few periods.

I tutor Grammar on my spare time... I mean, in the Hangout.

Dude... can I get an "AMEN, BROTHER" for you? :(

4. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

K dude I wont argue with you and I do take what you said as a putdown and I feel like it was not it was needed. Do you feel superior or good of what you put down. If it makes you happy to diss people thast kool man I dont care cuz for me its all good. Cmon check my writing on this post and tell me were else I screwd up. Peace :eek:

5. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

Wow see where I put it was not it was needed man I am really sleepy cuz its really late and I seem to be going crazy and people keep talking bout my grammar skill and I feel bad and I am doing a long sentence right now for the same reeason that I dont know why but guys dont count this against my reputation cuz I always write like this and I feel bad cuz I do plus the stros lost and I cant seem to get over it so ima go ahead and leave now so Ill take your disses tomorow cuz nobody probobly up right now so yeah

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    O RLY?

7. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

LoL that was funny. :D

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

honestly Rocketswon I see where your coming from on all this. And a case could infact be made that by jumbling your whole post into one sentence/paragraph it actually makes others want to stop and read your post, even if it's only to take pot shots at you for coming off like one serious ADHD mofo. My advice would be stick with what works for you, its not up to anyone really to decide whether your worthy of membership other than Clutch himself. And my experience with the Clutchmeister is that he's far more impressed with people who keep their posts largely in the GARM and talk Basketball - at least for a start. Later on you can feel free to branch out to the Hangout, D and D etc... but dude make your name with solid posting in the GARM...post like Hakeem, not like Boykins... this is my motto, and so far it has seen me through. Also another thing that has seen me through is my exremely cool and creative moniker - I bet you couldn't even of guessed I'm a Rocket fan from Australia. No one ever works that out. So, since Rocketswon is a pretty drab moniker I suggest the following ... 1. you beg Clutch for the chance to renegotiate your rookie contract and include a clause allowing you to change your name to something sick, wicked and nasty like ...IloveTmac...you know something like that with major creativity!!
    and 2. expand your paragraphs to ridicolous lengths like the ones i'm going to now! there was a guy here once called RocketsMac who seems to have come and gone, he was a member - but then one of the mods cut his ass back down to Rook. Twas a lovely, opinionated fellow...At least Rocketswon, this fate hasn't met your dawn just yet. And if all else fails you could ask Clutch for membership and to bypass all of that proving yourself stuff. Smashing him over the head with a wheel wrench will give you a similar chance...now go on and post intelligently and intelligibly in the GARM.

And use paragraphs ;)

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I apoligise to everyone who sat through the above.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

How do you get promoted out of rookie status... JW

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Anybody else noticed how this thread sort of swayed off to Rocketswon vs Contributing Members

Great post :D

12. SwoLy-D

:D

Dude. DUDE. You reminded me of Ace Ventura's bit where he runs out of air. The world can't live without commas and periods, yo. I am not trying to diss you, man. Just pointing out stuff other people don't. PEACE OUT. :cool:

I hated that the Astros lost, as well. I feel your pain. I feel you.

On my post above, if you notice, Rocket River started every sentence without a capital letter. It was THE BLIND leading THE BLIND. :D

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh

with the D&D

adult-like behavior is in no way guaranteed.

the description probably should include a disclaimer about needing fire-proof suits and a warped sense of humor to participate in there

;)

then why misquote me yo?

:p

I didnt call out anyone for using CAPITALS...but sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I wont bother with apostrophes or CAPITAL letters.

so either you MEanT to say i didnt use CAPITALS...or you quoted the wrong posT.

rocketswon,

One last piece of advice from a guy who has been doing this interacting on the internet thing for a damn long time....you will enjoy it more if you dont see a "diss" in every slightly critical sounding post. Sometimes folks are just yanking your chain...or tryin to make a joke...keep an eye out for that when determining if you have been "dissed" or not.

Its much less stressful, and keeps you from looking foolish for missing a obvious joke. :)

#53 Rockets2K, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. SwoLy-D

I see what you're saying. You should never be too lazy to avoid capital letters. I mean sentence capitalizing.

What I meant is when you wrote to Rw "you should bring your writing standards up a little", you had no sentence caps yourself... pot calling the kettle... :cool:

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

idontknowhwypeoplefollowanystandardsatallimeanifpeopleweretostopusingcapitalizationpunctuationandspaceitwouldbenoproblemrightitsnottohardontheeyesnoilovereadingstufflikethisimeanheywhywouldiwantanyonetobeabletocomfortablyreadmythoughtspersonallyimforthrowingoutallspellingandgrammaticalrulesalltogethermaybeilltypewordsincomputerspeakwithoutspacesialreadycantreadthatcrapbutheywhynotbastardizeourlanguagesothatitsalittleeasiertotypeidontcareifpeopleunderstandwhatimsayinganywaythoughthatkindofdefeatsthepointofamessageboard

Any spaces put in the above were done by the board.

16. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

wow... this reminds me, i haven't posted a comment in like 2 years, not that i've been missed, or that anyone remembers me, is Nachbar still with the team? JK!!!

/i know i'm lame, i apologize.

17. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

we were all rooks once, just let em know

18. YugoRocketsFan

Im one of those Rookies that went on other message boards before I came here, so I make good sentences, I also know how to contribute, I am not a spammer either.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^^^Sorry, I'm out of rookie cookies. How bout a pat on the back?

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The tipjar will be happy to hear that.