1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookies making posts on a totally different subject than the thread

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Harrisment, Jul 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought all threads in the hangout were useless. :D

Now, that's a good idea.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

3. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

A rookie has to do whatever it takes to become a member. I came here and make one reply every day. after 10 years, I will have 3650 replies made. Does that make me become a contributing member. I am Rockets fan from China.

4. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

I really hate it when rookies do stupid things like that cuz yeah it does give the few of us who try to be serious a bad name but I hate to say this and I hoped I dont killed for it but this site is bout Rockets and for Rockets fans but since the gay thing when most of rookies signed up and myself the uppercalssmen are upset and it looks like everything a rookie post stupid or not seems to bother you cuz maybe this rookie is smart or maybe he does what this thread is bout but a stupid rookie is trying to start new threads and its annoying cmon dont say you just cant ignore somebody like that. I hate being a rookie cuz I really like talking Rockets basketball but it seems that our status as a rookie,member, or whatever set us apart that much that it doesent really matter. So Really can we just all get along atleast the rooks who just wanna talk basketball and be serious bout this site. :(

5. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

6. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

Okay I dont care I am not in school right now I dont come here to write perfectly so think a little before you diss someone. Once again any little thing to get at a rookie, thats what I am talking bout. What does anybody else think in a serious way and most inportant with respect please I dont diss make fun of mistakes and I expect the same. We are not in middleschool, I just wanted to say how I felt.

7. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but I believe a donation to the tipjar makes you a contributing member right away?

8. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

I shure will, its not to get me out of being a rookie because I think that it should not matter if you is a member or a rookie to be able to respect each other and please dont get me wrong I hate it when rookies do stupid things. I am not taking a rookies side I am just saying why is it that members feel all that superior than a rookie I aint saying they aint, most likely they are smarter and they have kept this great site going but is there a need to be stuck up bout it. I dont want to fight bout this and maybe speaking my mind is causing problems for myself and what you guys think of me. I just wanted to give you my opinion and would love to hear yours I dont want to even argue and maybe my first post here was misleading and once again thanks to people that have donated money for this site I hope to soon help out too. I cant tell people how to be and nobody should tell anyone how to be but I feel its always better to be humble.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

steven orgy? is that your real name?

10. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you are missing the point he was making.

if you want people to be able to read your posts and reply to them, you need to bring up your writing standards a little.

if your post is difficult to read (as it is when you just run everything together like you do), people will skim over it...if thats fine with you, then feel free to post however you like...but when the only responses you get are "disses" about your grammar skills...dont say no one warned you.

12. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

As R2K said, the point of my reply was not to say "STOOPID ROOKIE LOLOLOL," it was that when I see a big block of text with no capitalization or punctuation, I automatically question whether or not it's worth my time/effort to not just read it, but actually understand it.

It makes you look lazy, which makes me wonder if you actually put thought into what you posted or if you just spewed out whatever came to mind in a stream of consciousness sort of way. This is one of those things that, as you said, "gives rookies a bad name." And unfortunately when alot of Rookies come in and do the same thing it's hard to not group them together.

If you don't want to be lumped in with the (in your words) "stupid rookies," making sure your posts are readable would be a great start.

13. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

Okay, thanks for reply and I see what you mean, I took it as a diss maybe I am a little defensive over me being a rookie and all that stupid stuff we should not be fighting over. I hate writing stuff cuz I get carried away when there is so so much stuff going on in my head and I dont spell correctly and run ons and this and that. I will try my best to post my ideas in a way you and everybody else can understand.

14. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member

I am sorry for me taking it a wrong way but I have no problem with the truth and I accept being wrong, I felt bad and started writing away crap. I do feel like people here act child like and here I am being that way too. I feel like I have difrent opinions and point of views in this board and if I dont want another misunderstanding than I should put more taught into posting next time. Once again my bad.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Rocketswon,

Your last two posts were much better in terms of readability. I wouldn't take anything personally from anyone off this board. That is one of the things about this board - it can come across as abnormally cruel to newcomers, but you just have to have a thick skin sometimes.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

a note here...the following is kinda directed at all newcomers to this board..not just you...(your style is showing improvement already;))

its pretty simple around here really.

If you wish to be treated as an adult, you must show your fellow members that you are an adult. People who post in childish ways get treated as a child.

We have no other way of gauging your maturity level except thru your writing.

I promise you that if you interact with us in a mature, respectful manner, it will be directed back at you. your member status means nothing when it comes to that...Ive seen rookies garner respect from post 1 by nothing more than a reasonable, direct and intelligent first post.

I really do hope that you can overcome this intial misunderstanding and become a valuable member of this community in the future.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

is the ipod nano or the ipod video better? ipod nano is smaller, but holds less music. not sure.

18. RodrickRhodes

RodrickRhodes Member

Hahaha...I can't stop laughing...Steven orgy for rookie of the year

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

If I were you, I'd probably add this disclaimer to your post:

*Offer not valid in D&D

20. Rocketswon

Rocketswon Member