1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's bungled just about every position. We're weak at and lacking depth almost everywhere

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Thank God the punter is solid.

3. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Very true. Seattle is the king of coaching up players.

And as far as coaching goes with the Texans, it seems they are all ****ting themselves this year.

Godsey shouldn't be an OC, let alone calling plays. It's exactly the same situation with Kubiak and Rick Dennison. O'brien should be calling plays. The inconstancy at play calling is appalling. OB has taken on far too many roles and is seriously being exposed with how bad this offense is. RAC has always been good at developing the front 7 of defenses, but beyond that his secondaries have always had major problems. On top of that they kept a hold over for ST coordinator when they should have let him go as well. They want a stronger and longer team, and they've got that. They just forgot that you need to also be fast in the NFL.

There should be some serious self evaluation on the coaching staff. The only 2 coaches I see as worth keeping are OB, Vrabel, and Devlin (Can't help his Oline has been injured).

The TEs haven't developed at all. The WRs haven't shown much other than they're at the same level prior to OB getting here. QBs are still bad. LBers play well, but can't be helped since most of them are slower than molasses. D-line hasn't shown much other than Watt being Watt. Crick and Wilfork have been getting worked, and Pagan and Covington are just sitting on the sidelines. DBs haven't shown anything other than KJo showing up here and there. If Kareem is bad JJo is ok, and if JJo is bad Kareem is okay. They are horribly inconsistent. Safety play is so bad that they were moving Kareem to safety against the Falcons.

Every level of this team is under performing or simply not progressing. It's pretty bad.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah I can see vrabel becoming defensive coordinator in the near future.

5. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

Why does Vrabel get to dodge the heat ? His linebackers haven't exactly played well. They've been pretty bad against the run. He's all hype from HK.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Bill O'Brien, that's who's to blame.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith">@stephenasmith</a> on the <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans">@HoustonTexans</a>' slow start <a href="http://t.co/vL7xzC3gVU">pic.twitter.com/vL7xzC3gVU</a></p>&mdash; First Take (@FirstTake) <a href="https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/652126381132922880">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, Steven A Smith is really going out on a limb here. I can totally see why his opinion matters so much and why he gets paid the big bucks.

What's he going to tweet out next?

"Ryan Mallett has to play better for the Texans to win"- Steven Smith

"If the Texans lose tonight, they will be 1-4" - Steven Smith

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

If you ask most here, they'll tell you it's Rick Smith's fault.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Get him a QB, then put him on the hot seat in 3 years. Seriously, with Foyer and Mallet, and without Foster, it's just not fair to have expected anything in-spite of the fans brainwashing themselves into thinking this was a contending team.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I saw this meme on Facebook. The most interesting man in the world is saying:

"I don't often watch football teams that suck. But when I do, I watch the Houston Texans".

I admit that I got a really nice chuckle from it. :)

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

If only every coach had that "get him a QB, then wait 3 years" leash.

12. Mr. Clutch

Even if we find a QB we have to surround him with talent

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Exactly.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I can agree with most of what you said here but after watching Smith on Hard Knocks, I feel that you (and others) are overestimating his role in player evaluation and acquisitions. It looks to me that he gets/drafts the players that the coaching staff wants and not necessarily what he would draft if the decision was left up to him. He's the GM but mostly handles the business side of the team. Now a case can definitely be made about his handling of the contracts for certain players who haven't lived up to said contracts. Now, at any rate, if the Texans wind up 5-11 or 6-10, then I can see Smith getting the boot. He's had 10 years and the results haven't been much to write home about. The drafting record has been spotty to poor in the 2nd to 4th rounds and at the end of the day, the ultimate responsibility lies with him.

I still see this franchise as being in a transitional period between the Kubiak & BoB regimes with BoB attempting to retool rather than rebuild from scratch. That had to be at the behest of McNair. I totally understand why: If folks are this antsy after only 2 years, just imagine how it would be if the Texans didn't have the talent base they currently have now - especially on defense - and were starting over again. However, if Smith does get the heave-ho, I'll bet anything that BoB himself will assume the duties of GM in much the same manner as his mentor - Bill Belichick.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

We don't know if that talent is on the roster yet. Let's see what players like Strong and Hilliard can do in the regular season.

16. Mr. Clutch

Well those guys couldn't beat out our current scrubs but there is hope

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Get this scrub out of here. Consistently has zero aspects of the team prepared to play.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

He was overrated last season, I appreciated his NE styled no nonsense coaching ethics but hes not Billichick and he feasted on having a weak schedule last season so that 9-7 was a false positive.

His inability to know when to select a good QB is directly contradictory of why he was hired (the qb wisperer). Not selecting a steady QB in Teddy B and potential star Derek Carr are major blunders on his resume.

His musical chairs with Fitzpatrick/Mallett/Savage/Hoyer is embarrassing and it's time for slow decision making McNair to seriously fire this guy if he continues to stink up the joint. His playmaking/decision making leaves alot to be desired.

Just switched qb's again tonight vs the colts, lol smh sheesh this guy has no clue, I hope you take hard notes McNair.

1 person likes this.
  19. J Hard

J Hard Member

Plenty of talent, need a new young rb next year but a competent coach can do something with this team.

20. liveguy

liveguy Member

Texans have two quarterbacks!!!

This is AWESOME to watch!

NOT!

Dude gets the wind knocked out of him and is able to return, but they say naw....he threw a first down, were sticking with him.

HAHAHAHAHA!

What a joke.

Just tank already.

This season is a wrap.