1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously how arrogant do you have to be to put your JOB on the line with Mallet and Hoyer...GET A FLIPPING QB for crying out loud, take a risk.

Give up some players and take a shot at RG3....we have nothing to lose.

DD

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's lost the team. It's very obvious.

He's in over his head. Didn't McNair want a HC with head coaching experience?

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like shanahan a lot

At the very least, Romeo and Godsey have to go, they suck in every facet

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'd sign off on this

hell, they should take a QB with each of their first 3 picks next season and hope to hell that one of em pans out

5. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Texans are going to be just good enough this year to not get the top 1 or 2 QB's. Don't worry, we will be terrible next year though and earn the number 1 overall pick so that we can draft Myles Garrett!

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As much as I've posted in this thread saying that O'Brien isn't on the hot seat, I don't know if I believe that he is or not. The only reason I say this is because we have an apathetic owner when it comes to wins and losses.

What I am convinced of, though, is that he absolutely should be.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

I dont see at this point how O'B keeps putting his future in Godseys hands. He should be taking the Bull by the horns and saying if I'm going down,I'm going down swinging!

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

that's probably not good (if true)

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This team needs offense and developer of QB's...

Hugh Jackson, Greg Roman, or Kyle Shanahan should be obvious upgrades.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Texans suck.... From owner on down is filled with a bunch of nice guy losers. I respect bob mcnair Rick smith and bill o Brian because there genuinely good ppl but they all hsve no clue what it takes to win in this league and that's ding ding ding a great QB!!!!

By the way Clowney is garbage he might end up being a solid player but he is not a number 1 pick franchise guy and that's a fact. Should have taken Mack, I heard the Texans really liked him but we're scared of not picking Clowney and being wrong. Well Rick smith you just made another wrong judgment call. Since 2012 onky one player drafted in rounds 2-4 gets playing time. That right there is why this team is hot garbage.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is one incredibly dumb football team. Texans lose and O'Brien's post game presser should be better than the game itself</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/652321922508791808">October 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dumb, stupid LOLOL Texans being called out by the football analysts/"experts".

What do they do to have to win a game?

How about quit being stupid? - Mark Schlereth

I wanna say it was Kubiak's last year where they were terrible with penalties. Terrible as in dumb, stupid, like we're talking about now.

Not to say his other years they weren't a penalized team.

13. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

100% agree.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Again, 100% agree

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd take a shot at RG 3. Trade a fourth round pick for him.

Let him sit for a few weeks and then let him start the rest of the season. Quantity may find you quality?

Eh, you're taking as much a gamble on Griffin as you'd be with a fourth round pick.

16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Why not trade a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th for RG3 or somebody? I mean so we really expect any 3-7 players to actually play for the Texans?

17. prohibido

prohibido Member

I think it's obvious that BOB believes he is not putting his job on the line with these two quarterbacks. I think he thought that his job was secure until he brought in his guy and that guy was proven to suck. So he had three, four, five more years. If the Texans go 2-14 (hell, maybe 1-15) I think he will find out that he was wrong.

McNair is an idiot. But he's an idiot in the same way that Drayton is/was an idiot. If over the final three or four home games the fans are openly hostile to the team I expect McNair to make a move.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hey Bob, Bill, Rick & Texans organization

[​IMG]

#198 J.R., Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I know McNair is a patient man. He's not one to make rash decisions and wants to give people every chance to succeed. And I agree with that philosophy to a degree. But if there's already regression and players checking out on the coach less than 2 years in, how long of a rope can you give a guy? If nothing improves this year, how will he be able to win players back next year? You can't very well send him back in to coach a team that doesn't respect or believe in him, can you?

I DON'T want to be the Browns or Raiders. I don't want McNair who's over-reactionary and cleans house every other year, not giving anything a chance to build or develop.

But I also don't want to stick with a guy who's a lost cause. Is O'Brien a lost cause? I don't know. I'm not willing to say that yet. But if the team has already given up on him, that's not a good sign.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And he might be right. If he loses his job, it won't just be because of the QB situation. It will be because the rest of the team fell to pieces too. If the defense wasn't so inept. If special teams STILL weren't an issue. If the team played disciplined and with common sense. If they didn't fall apart at the slightest sign of adversity. Then we'd probably be winning more and he'd be given more time to find HIS QB. But when everything falls apart and the players give up, he may not have that luxury.