1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Burn the building down(with Rick in it) and start all over. I'm tired of this organization recycling, it's time to take out all the garbage. This crap of grooming other teams reject QBs clearly is not working. Hope tank mode is activated after Thursday's loss and we aim for a QB in the draft.

Rant over......

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

4. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Cant believe we got destroyed by a terrible Chief team. A chief team that is winless to every team not in Houston.. and it hasnt even been close for them.

We shouldve lost the Bics game too if their kicker didnt implode. Very disappointed by OBrien

Saban, Kelly, OB... all regressed after their 1st impressive year. Good college coach that dont belong in the NFl.

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

even the coach has given up on that.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

:(...

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I hope this isn't the case.

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Dolphins just fired their head coach after a 1-3 start

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Knee Jerk Reaction Thread

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

[​IMG]

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This move is actually more predictable than the Texans offense.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just think how bad we would have been if we KEPT Charles James. :eek:

16. magman

magman Member

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-t...9/Bill-O-Brien-wants-to-do-a-better-job-meter

Damn it, why didn't we figure this out! All the team needs to do is "to do a better job"

Wow, that's been the problem the whole time! Don't worry guys all they have to do is a better job!

Everything is fine, they're just disappointed because they didn't do a better job, but don't worry, they are going to do a better job.

In all seriousness, I like BoB, but his media persona is wearing thin especially the way the team has been playing. They need to figure out the qb position this offseason, and I'm not talking about bringing in another exPatriot or journeyman veteran.

If it's not addressed by the beginning of next season, then I do hope he's on the hot seat.

17. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

The first issue with O'brien's hire was the fact that Smith was retained. This basically guaranteed O'brien to have full team control and all the stress that comes with it along with being the HC piled on top of that.

They should have hired a strong and vocal leader for the FO that had familiarity with the schemes O'brien was wanting to run. They need a GM that is going to be held just as accountable to the guys Coaching and the players on the field.

We've known for years that Smith writes bad contracts and either is a terrible drafter or simply a terrible cog int he evaluation process of drafting. Either way, Terrible GM.

O'brien should only be coaching and should have earned his right to have roster control, versus being given it. This team is talent depleted.

I count 13 picks from 2011 to 2015 all between the 2nd and 4th rounds that are either bad players, not in the NFL, or haven't lived up to the draft hype. That includes Whitney in the first RD. Beyond key starters this team has very little talent, and it has been showing up big.

That bag of **** that McNair wanted O'brien to "re-tool" the team with is just that. This should have been a complete tear down and rebuild, and I feel like Rick Smith convinced him that this was possible before any coach hire, and said coach would need to agree in order to get the job.

The leadership from top to bottom is bad.

I like O'brien, but his hubris is getting out of hand. Stating that both QBs can play in this league after all the media talk is getting thrown back into his face. This team needs to take a huge step back and re-evaluate themselves. There are good players on this team, but they can't even overcome the **** that's behind and above them.

And I simply don't know if you can find a guy for the GM job that would want to come in with a lame duck coach. Usually, you want to clean house and start off new with your guy. Except for maybe Brian Gaine, and I usually don't like in-house hires from within a team that has always been bad. But he is a relative newcomer to the franchise. He is will regarded with OB and they seem to like/trust one another. Apparently that was one of the reasons he decided to take the promotion last year.

I think O'brien can be a helluva HC, but not with the current way this team is being ran/handled. Huge changes need to come and it starts with ownership's status quo.

Simply can't put a squad on the field that has little talent because you draft terribly after the first round, and you can't win with retread QBs that are clearly not quality starters in the league. The undertaking of righting this ship is huge, and there are so many variables, I would hate to be the guy in-charge of this. But it all starts with FO changes.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I would include player development into the equation. Some teams get their later round draftees to outperform their expectations. Some of that is skill development. Some of that is also putting each player into O/D schemes that play to their strengths and away from their weaknesses.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well said.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm not giving up on coach just yet, but he's completely bungled the QB position up to this point. Had he have tried to find a QB in the past two drafts with any of the early picks, not including Clowney of K Johnson, this team would be in absolutely no worse shape then they are currently in.

Maybe a losing season this year is for the best. ADDRESS THE QB POSITION EARLY IN THE DRAFT, and draft players that can get on the field and make an impact.