1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is from Dec 3 last year. Dorsey has been playing very good coming off of the bench for quite a while now. Posters have been reluctant to let go of the old narrative. By the way the 2nd clip is where Bill asked the question, "Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1g6lEuEozaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bMHv0sFYpZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#181 crash5179, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Man dont talk narrative and give me one highlight dunk from one game. He just recently started getting consistent. That's the real truth. Good for him.

3. crash5179

Sorry, I added the other clip as well. This was when Joey really started playing well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bMHv0sFYpZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

what's so wrong with admittng Dorsey has become a better player??

5. cdrive

Still one game in a marathon. We look for consistency night in and night out. Hey I'm not backing away from my crow. The one thing I like more than being right is a Rockets player proving me wrong. Joey deserves his praise. He is helping us attain and hold that 2nd seed.

6. crash5179

The issue is with all of the people that still haven't admitted it or those that think he just started playing decent in the last few weeks. He has been doing it for quite some time now.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It wasn't one game. He was playing well in limited minutes for most of the season after he recovered from injury. I can point to game logs for you if you'd like.

8. crash5179

I'm not going to find every clip where he has played good in. He has been playing well for quite some time now and not just the past few weeks. For a 12th man and 5th big off of the bench making a million a season, he has been outstanding. There is no but but or any other sort of qualifier. Dorsey has been good if not flat out great for the role he has been asked to play in.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I got you. The whole thing was started over whether or not he was a better option than black at the beginning of the season, to which the answer is obviously no. You cant dismiss the fact that his sharpest improvement has been most recently.

10. crash5179

When the season started Black was the better option. Completely agree with you there. I'm not sure Black would still be the better option but I really liked Tariq Black.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I would take dorsey over black now.

12. cdrive

Oh I could get in a game log showdown with you too on Dorsey. And so much additional stuff that doesn't end up in a box score, but stuff you'd have to watch 73 games to make judgement. But what's the point? To see who's d*** is bigger? Shouldn't we be celebrating the 2nd seed together? That's where I'd prefer my efforts.

13. matty101

matty101 Member

Doresy, although improved, should not see any PT in the playoffs with a 4/5 rotation of Dwight/Jones/Smith/Dmo. The only match up I could see him getting some minutes would be against a bigger Memphis team should we meet them.

14. bongman

bongman Member

Instead of looking at the box score all the time, watch the game so you can count how many of his solid picks results into points.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dorsey's been improved but I have to agree that if Jones and DMo are healthy, it is unlikely he sees any minutes unless both Dwight and DMo are in foul trouble or something unlikely along those lines. Just too many quality bigs ahead of him.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Today's Joey likewise looks far better to my eyes than the Joey of 3.5 weeks into the season. Carry on with the condescension, tho.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I feel exactly the same way. And I no longer cringe when he enters the game. Now I even almost think, "Cool, wonder what Joey's gonna do?"

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

True. But I would still have kept Tarik Black over him.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Doesn't really matter how much marginally better he looks than back then. He's the same player.

Will do chief; you know me well.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My significant other loves to watch him. He'll check into the game, she'll perk up and say, "Hey! Joey's in!" The guy's a trip to watch. Just hit some free throws, OK?