1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dorsey is good in small doses

2. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

He gives everything he has to the game on the floor. You just can't ask more than that.

In games this season, he is the best on the team at defending LMA. I think he would also be invaluable in a series with Memphis or LAC. Zbo nor any other NBA player can back him down...and no question he can foul Jordan.

Remember all the stupid comments calling him "hot garbage", "trash", and DM's worst signing, among other things? Don't hear as much from those jerks these days.

He is a role player and won't ever be more than that, but he plays his role very well.

3. hakeemthagreat

If Dorsey's on our playoff roster, our western conference opponent should send Morey a thank you card. Whoevers the center will have a field day once Dwight goes out

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he should always get some spot minutes. IMO

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

but no more than spot minutes :))

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Once DH12 is back to rebounding Dorsey's spot minutes will be gone unless major foul trouble hits our front line or injuries. Dorsey can rebound at a top level, play decent defense and set great picks but other than the clean up dunks he is a zero on offense. The rest of our BIGS our going to be hungry for more minutes. 96 minutes for 4 guys would be 24 each. That is the baseline for D-MO, TJ, JS, and DH. Depending on match-ups, performance and fouls they should get 15 minutes on the low end and 35 minutes on the high side. I don't hate Dorsey, I actually enjoy watching his effort but there will be no minutes for him in 3 weeks.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dorsey continues to rebound at an elite rate.

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We need to get Dorsey out there with the starters in my opinion. He might be shorter then most center, but this man get rebounds on a elite level. Can guard pick and rolls MUCH better then DMO, set amazing picks for Harden. I say put him back in the starting line up. DMO becoming real sluggish lately. Always on the ground and can't get a rebound to save his life.

9. theredbackpack

yes, absolutely. esp if d-mo continues to struggle. we need to make a physical presence known in a game (literally) from the jump. i liked him starting then having smith come off the bench. what a one-two punch.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Dorsey is like Chuck Hayes, just less defense but better rebounding!

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dorsey still sucks, but he hasn't been doing anything crazy lately, so thats good.

His minutes have been limited since we got Smith. I just don't see him here next year.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Just a little Joey love. 7p, 8r, 3 steals today -- not bad. Hustles, extremely active, works on the offensive glass, better at finishing, doesn't play outside of himself. The quick fouls are still an issue, especially when we're as short on bigs as we are... but otherwise, I feel comfortable saying he's miles better than he was to start the season.

13. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Definitely not given enough credit on this board.The guy plays hard on every possession.
    Other than one bad post up. He was alright today. BTW, the guys is absolutely huge in person!! Maybe even bigger than Dwight

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He moves his feet really well in the PNR.

That's something I love about Big Baby Davis.

He needs to quit with the fouling as some are preventable if he just doesn't reach.

But overall, he has been the most improved player from beginning to end of year production.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it just me, or have his post moves been slightly better? He randomly gets deep position and makes solid little dropsteps. Impressive.

Not a bad fifth big man to plug in at all...

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dwight could learn something from the way that he gets position.

he jets in front of defenders and just holds his position really well.

His footwork isn't half bad either.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

credit to him, he looked absolutely unplayable early in the season and has become quite a nice piece

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I deserve to eat some crow on Dorsey. Good job, Joey.

The 'away from the ball' picks, PnR picks, boards, dunks, and that D more times than not...

I was wrong.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His post moves are honestly more aesthetically pleasing than Dwight's.