1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Joey isnt a complete negative on offense (as long as you aren't asking him to create but his in-close game is good now compared to before) and his rebounding has been great in my opinion. His post defense is really good now the one thing he finds himself doing way too much is fouling when he is the help defender and not staying straight up and down (like D-Mo) when trying to go for blocks so he normally gets whistled for the foul

overall though his second go-around has been overall positive for this team I feel

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's also extremely scary to have him in there once the opponent is over the foul limit...

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Right, but it's better than having Harden and Ariza get minutes at the 5. Dorsey has given us some solid minutes this year, and I'm glad we signed the guy.

4. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

He should still get some spot minutes in the playoffs when the time calls for it.

I'm just really surprised he's actually develop some kind of post game since we've originally drafted him.

5. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Im glad we signed him too but sometimes he does things that make me want to throw my T.V. Kind of reminds me of how I felt when we had Asik.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lets put him on Blake. Jones and Smith cant do squat against him.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

if howard cant go...... start dorsey bring capela in at 5-6min mark (bench looks good with him), let capela get most of the mins, dont go small unless we have to, if jones is giving up layups, stop the small ball.

-we struggled on rebounds and hustle plays.. dorsey can do that.
    -we look good when players are getting picks... dorsey can do that
    -bogut isnt a a big offensive weapon....
    -needs guys not scared to use fouls put body on players trying to do layups... dosey can do that

8. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I agree. If Dwight is a no go, then Dorsey should see the floor for 10 minutes as part of the rotation. Warriors play small ball and their bigs don't score that much. Dorsey defends well, blocks shots, and sets a good pick. He would need to bring some energy though, if not, sit him down.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It could work so long as we aren't in the bonus.

10. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Can't dunk worth for ****, tho

11. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Thats a good point. But none of our bigs are shooting well from the charity stripe. Unfortunately, Dorsey fits right in. Now is time for Dorsey to earn that paycheck. If not Dorsey, maybe the Greek will get his chance.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dorsey-draymond is an intriguing matchup

13. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Fun thing about the playoffs is that some bench player, non-star, or older player, will get a chance to do something big, on the big stage, to contribute to a win. Pablo made a few plays. Capela has made some plays. Somebody needs to step up tonight.

14. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Jordan Hamilton last season

15. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Look at what Livingston did in game one. I call him the crippled guy, effected his career, but look what he did. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He really stepped up. I respect what he did in that performance.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Dorsey is due for a game man, Playoff Dorsey, podium game. If you dont believe in your roster tf you here for?

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not sure if serious...

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Please do not bring in Dorsey. Worst case scenario, he plays well and the Rockets lose. McHale is convinced that he needs to increase Dorsey's minutes. We need to force the Warriors to play big with Bogut. I doubt Dorsey will do that. They would be more likely to bench him and hack a Dorsey.

Capela is the answer! Also I hope Smith and Jones can step it up in game 2 so this is a non issue.

19. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Dorsey-Draymond would be an intriguing MMA matchup.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hello Hack-a-Dorsey!