1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this is the dorsey i wanted to see from the beginning of the season. should bring him back next season

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm glad some of you have come to see the light. As I've been saying since November, Dorsey does his job very well and has never been a problem. His few minutes a game provide the necessary relief that our bigs have needed all season long. He obviously has issues, but in the grand scheme of things he provides what we need in limited minutes. It's always been that way.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If you honestly think he was playing at this level back in November... yikes. Tarik Black was outplaying him by a significant margin to start the season.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The 5x league leading rebounder Dwight? Maybe Dorsey has learned something from Dwight.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It was part sarcasm on my part.

But in all seriousness, Joey is really good at pinning guys down in the paint and holding position.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Gotta give Dorsey his credit. He does all of the little things out there and has been key in keep our front court somewhat together with all of the injuries. Looks like Morey knew what he was doing with this signing.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dorsey has been playing pretty well this past month.. Turning out to be a decent signing

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've got good news for you, then: He's already under contract for next season.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dorsey is winning me over. I have been a big critic. But he is a rebounding machine.

That said, if we have to play him more than 10 minutes a game in the playoffs, we are doomed.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

people here just didn't have patience and now he is showing that he can be a decent back up

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Oh you mean when he was coming back from an injury to start the season and looked fine after about 3 1/2 weeks?

I know how to temper my expectations with reality unlike those calling him "complete trash" during that time.

1 person likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

word.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So many of us were calling posters out to stop judging Dorsey off of past narrative and just watch him play and still they called him trash. Dorsey has been outstanding as the last big man off of the bench most of the season. Like you said, there are those that ignored the fact that he started the season injured.

With everyone healthy, Joey is the 5th big man in the rotation, which means he probably never sees the floor. He is a 12th man making 1 million a season but when he comes in the game he produces at a fairly high level. He has been pretty much perfect for the role he has been asked to fill.

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

it's his court awareness and ability to finish with his back to the basket that has improved, nothing really injury related.

16. crash5179

Ignoring the fact that he was hurt early in the season and had almost no training camp is convenient for you.

17. crash5179

Wrong. He was not playing defense or rebounding well. His timing was off as well. Absolutely and most positively injury related.

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

we are in agreement that the time has helped him. It's just that he has improved with time. He wasn't this good to begin with.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You're right the defense and rebounding probably was injury related, but the way he is fitting in on offense isn't

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lol ok dude. So after a few weeks he shook it off an became Dikembe right? Let's not get all revisionist here. He just very recently started stringing some goodness together. He's still 26% from the charity stripe and he just very recently stopped doing the really bad away from the ball loose fouls. Don't get me wrong, Dorsey deserves praise in the present, but this has been a work in progress the entire season.

1 person likes this.