1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was 911 an Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RY, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is something to nitpick about. What difference would it have made if he decided to sit and read to kids or just leave immediately. It not like his actions would have made a difference.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I applaud some of you for fighting the good fight but I don't see why even bother. I've skimmed through the latest pages of this thread and there still is so much misinformation, selective reading of facts and ignorance especially when it comes to construction. Others like myself who work in the field have long ago addressed these issues yet the same arguments still get trotted out. Further you have others who claim that the hijackings didn't take place even though we have the cell phone evidence from the people on the hijacked flights saying they were. We also have the evidence from Flight 93 of the passengers trying to take flight back. These weren't fictional individuals and included Jeremy Glick who was a former Judo champion and someone who friends of mine had trained and fought against.

What we have instead is people who continue to claim that no evidence has been presented when mountains of evidence has been presented to them yet somehow they would rather believe YouTube videos.

This is one of our biggest problems. The combination of ignorance with arrogance. Where healthy skepticism instead becomes fervent belief that validates a view because only a few people believe it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

On the day of the tragedy, I found a shiny rock and put it in my pocket as a reminder of that fateful day.

There has not been another similar attack since I started carrying that rock.

The rock is obviously magical.

I will sell it to the highest bidder.

[​IMG]

4. myco

myco Contributing Member

Do you have any youtube videos to back this claim?

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You are attacking his superiority illusion. The U.S. federal government is too powerful to just sit back and not startle the kids. I think South Park did an episode about this where George W was trying to convince the kids that the government was all powerful and all knowing.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Only one that discusses how this rock also keeps tigers away.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xSVqLHghLpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Why are there no videos of i-beams failing under minor load due to high temperatures. Oh, wait, what's that?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=de3a8e1921ef" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Buck Turgidson

I'll say what everyone should: I do not know what else is going on in your world, but you really need to reevaluate things and possibly talk to a professional. You are not mentally healthy.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A truly excellent post, Judo. Kudos! Now if only some folks around here would actually pay attention.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

my coworker lost his brother on flight 93. he was one of the publicized "heroes" who fought the terrorists.

I'm sure my friend has just been acting like he's been grieving this whole time, because you know, the plane never really crashed.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FzF1KySHmUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Try to think beyond one step.

Sure people died and it was very terrible. It's just not clear how they died.

Flight 93 was shot down because the US air defenses did what they were supposed to do, despite other elements in the government trying to prevent the US air defense performing its proper function.

Flame away. . . .

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, this is a "friend of a friend" thing, but. . . .

I am home in the DC area for the holidays. My brother-in-law is a firefighter. He answered the call in NYC on 9/11. Now he is a DC-area firefighter and rather connected.

So, I was telling him all my theories about 9/11, which he did not buy--building 7, etc etc. BUT, when I said "Flight 93 was shot down over Shanksville" he said "Yes, I know the guy who shot it down." Actually, brother-in-law's old friend, a fire truck driver at his station, lives next door to either the guy who shot it down or his brother. I asked him to repeat it two more times.

In short, he believes the whole official 9/11 story, but he agreed immediately that Flight 93 was shot down by a U.S. fighter and said he will give me the name of the guy who did it.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bro you're about to break the news story of the century on Clutchfans

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, then why doesn't he go public along with the guy who shot it down (after all, he is willing to tell you his name, so it's not like it's a secret - right?)?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So what?

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's exactly what he said. "The price of freedom."

Another story: last night I went out to dinner with a guy who works at NPR. He said Jamie McIntyre also worked at NPR. He said Jamie McIntyre flat out denies that he ever said the words in this video. He said, "Somebody got to him."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OHeYFTPG4KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

1. Give us your opinion on the video I posted above.

2. Flight 93 may very well have been shot down which completely ruins conspiracy theories -- why wouldn't it have been allowed to hit its target?

[​IMG]

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah sure: "Hey everyone, I shot down a US passenger plane!" If I got his name, I would not publicize it either. It sure would not help him. Suppose it were true. No one here would believe it anyway. He doesn't even have proof, I imagine.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

1. I dutifully watched your video. I never expressed an opinion on jet fuel. But you're asking my opinion on the video. I don't see its relevance to 9/11. That's my opinion.

2. I do not think the fighter pilot would have been in on any "conspiracy".