1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was 911 an Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RY, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It's his coping mechanism. Leave him to himself to grieve - don't be rude.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Fighter pilot's story seems suspect. Why didn't he film it on his Iphone?

3. Buck Turgidson

If i remember correctly, you are a college professor on some level, right?

That is ****ing terrifying.

And no, nobody gives a damn what your brother's sister's cousin's next door neighbor's friend's babysitter heard at the 31 Flavors last night.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The new terror!

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I am not afraid of Buck... It's the same name of my grandfathers, and he was a great man.

6. Buck Turgidson

Nah, it's just the thought that impressionable youngsters are viewing you as some sort of beacon of knowledge.

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i used to get offended when people would bring up 9/11 being some sort of inside job.

but overtime my opinion changed, not because of a youtube video, but because of my understanding of our US government and military, our country's thirst for global domination, and the secret operations of the NSA, CIA, and FBI.

i don't know exactly what happened on 9/11 - not sure anybody does. but the official narrative is absolute horse ****.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I always go back to the simplest thing

Does . . knowing its coming and not doing anything about it mean it was an inside job
    or
    simply willfull ignorance because TO YOU it will be more beneficial than stopping it?

Rocket River

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And how about this? Two planes have already hit the towers. They know a third plane is hijacked and heading from Ohio toward DC (which has three levels of no-fly zones around it). People like Donald Rumsfeld are sitting inside the Pentagon watching the towers on TV. And the Pentagon still cannot manage to get any air defense up to defend the Pentagon from an unarmed passenger plane. Not even soldiers with shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles outside the building. How incredibly ****ty our air defense is.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As a college professor, and one who has occasionally been sympathetic to the dude... I agree. But it's not totally surprising.

Professors get trained myopically in one narrow field and then think that qualifies them to have informed opinions about all sorts of other things. This includes myself, and it's really annoying.

The post-sensibility age of the internet is an awful thing to behold. I don't see it getting a lot better.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Socrates would run wild.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But, isn't it important enough to the the truth out? Your friend offered to publicize his/her name to you.

Why doesn't the guy do one of this interviews with 60 Minutes where they hide his face and voice?

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're a complete moron. It is pretty evident you were still a child pre 9/11. Technology has vastly changed over 15 years. Even 15 years prior to that was quite the difference.

There are 5000 planes in the sky in the US at any given moment. That morning was utter confusion. There were reports of multiple hijackings, car bombings and all kinds of other nonsense. Should we just start shooting down random planes to ensure we get the right one?

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Actually, I have Ph.D. in one field, a Master's in two others, lived in China for nine years and speak fluent Chinese. I guess my experience and education are broader than yours.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How simple are you? Some government jobs require you to keep secrets. If what he says is true, he might even be concerned for his physical safety. I don't know why the guy is doing what he's doing. All I heard about him is that "he is really struggling with the fact" or "feels torn up" or something like that.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can you imagine Socrates twitter feed? An annoying series of questions to lead us down a path of reason on any and every topic.

What would his favorite hash tag be?

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Do they not have recordings of the flight 93 cockpit during the very moment of struggle as the passengers took control of the situation? Do they not have spouses, loved ones, and friends of those passengers describe how their loved ones told them their plan to fight back?

Why do we not take the testimony of someone who lost their loved one over the testimony of a guy who knows a guy who made up a story about shooting down a plane?

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't follow 9/11 conspiracy theories much. How did Flight 93 (whether it was shot down or not) enter into conspiracy arguments? Can someone 'splain that to me in 25 words or less.

Let me try: KC said, "why wouldn't it be allowed to hit it's target like the others if the govt planned it." So, conspirators have to say, "Because they didn't give the order. Low level people shot it down?"

So, question, what difference would it make to conspiracies if the passengers actually did take it down. That would still satisfy both sides, right? I'm confused.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If his job requires him to keep secrets then how does your friend know he shot down the plane?

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Actually I'm 47. What, you think SAM's are new technology or something? What technology do you have in mind? Tell us, if your post means anything.

You think everyone in the Pentagon hiding under their desks was the best they could do, eh? Didn't even evacuate the building. Yeah, I'm the child.

I know it was confusing that day, because they just happened to be running two military exercises, one of which--Vigilant Guardian--simulated a hijacking of an airplane. The National Reconnaissance Office was also running a drill simulating an airplane hitting one of their buildings. What dumb luck for us: the whole east coast was defenseless and we happened to be running hijacking and plane-hits-building exercises right on the one day those darn terrorists kicked ass on the U.S.A.! The Pentagon was too confused even to evacuate the building down to the subway which runs directly under the Pentagon, or to anywhere else. Well, next time the Pentagon will be double ready! :)