1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Damn I feel for Lin. At least Pat Bev a solid 3&D guy that fit better with the first unit. What does Ronnie Price bring?!

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Byron on starting Price over Lin: “I just like the way he’s playing. He’s bringing great energy &amp; spearheading our defense right now.”</p>&mdash; Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/525804454402981888">October 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I love Eric's tweets so much, it's freaking awesome

He's talking about how it's about Kobe, not Lin and the need in the 2nd unit (sound familiar?), he even used the its not who starts but who finishes.

We even said that, i don't think any of us really believed it, it's not hard to stagger your starters with the bench during the grind, and lets be honest, scott will lose faith in finishing with lin.

Seriously replace Kobe with Harden and replace Price with Beverley in all these tweets/interviews and welcome to the 2013-14 Rockets.

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol more revisionist history. How did he cost the Rockets the game single-handedly when the game went to overtime after the turnover?

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yes it is!! There was enough offense where Asik could've started! Howard is in Harden's way half the time since Asik sets better picks, takes less shots.

Howard would've been a great fit with the 2nd unit! Especially since Asik pretty much refused to be a part of it!

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

haha word for word what McHale said. Except Ronnie Price is still gonna get toasted by Curry, Paul, Lillard etc....same with Lin but at least he can fire back on the offensive end.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. Déjà vu for Lin fanatics.

[​IMG]

8. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

So let's see, Ronnie Price has a career fg% of 38% and career 28% three point shooter. He averages 3.8 ppg for his career. At least with Patrick Beverley, not only did he fit well with the Rockets starters. He's also young. Price is already a 10 year vet, he is what he is. Not only that, it was clear that throughout the preseason, the Lakers offense with the starters looked horrible with Price at pg. While as soon as Lin comes in, theyll make a run and catch up. Aside from Jeremy putting up much better stats than Price, the team results werent even close. I seriously wonder what Byron Scott is smoking. I, m gonna go get drunk, maybe then I can figure out the method behind the madness.

9. NotChandlerParsons

LMAO thats cold, starting Ronnie Price. Maybe Byron Scott is just trolling LOFs specifically.

Probably medical grade mar1juana dude, he's in LA.

10. zyt

zyt Member

not true, mchale never speaks from the future

11. SPBR

SPBR Member

Byron Scott defying all basketball logic. His "3-pointers won't win championship" comment shows how behind the times he is.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Looks like coaches prefer defensive PGs. Lin better starts working on his defense.

13. AFS

AFS Member

Price just got hurt. Looks like he's in a lot of pain. Scott might not have any choice but to start Lin next game.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Curse of Jeremy Lin. Beverley and Harden got injured last year, too.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

MGM Grand has a basketball stadium?

16. zyt

zyt Member

i'd play like sacre if i were that tall, it's a wonder he has a job in NBA

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

lol the lakers has 3 guys on the bench

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Its good to see Landry on the floor again. I hope he is able to regain some of his past success

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

damn julius randle looking good

20. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

That Randle guy is the biggest ball hog I ever seen. Never see him passing.

Every time he gets the ball, he either shoots it or go coast to coast and jack up shots. LOL.