1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the point is that he can't shoot. that's why he tries to drive it nearly every time. and when he does get into the paint he can't finish above other bigs. that's why he keeps throwing up layups from 8ft back lol. poor guy might get demoralized by dwight on opening night :grin:

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Against Clippers will be more ugly. Griffin and Jordan, damn, Lakers frontline will be posterized all night.

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

By the end of the season, Sacre may be the first player to receive a 2nd technical because no one else is eligible to play.

4. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

U can said that about a lot of other teams.. Do we even have a legit/consistent answer to that combo?

5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

That's your response? Yikes. Hopefully you're under 18, because if not then it's just sad.

6. SPBR

SPBR Member

Eerm.. it may happen this game.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lin's pass just knocked out both Ellington and McLemore. Heads collided. Bleeding. Concussion likely. Yikes.

Jeremy is carving out minutes for himself.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LAS VEGAS -- Less than a day after Steve Nash was ruled out for the season with recurring back problems, Lakers coach Byron Scott said he did not address the injury with the team outside of naming Ronnie Price the starting point guard for Friday night's preseason game, and he said he has yet to talk to the two-time MVP.

Scott wouldn't get into the details of what went into Nash being ruled out for the season.

"I don't get involved in that much. I just want to know if the guy can play or not. I might have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm not a doctor," he said.

Nash did not travel here with the team for the Lakers' final preseason game.

His absence creates an opportunity for point guards Jeremy Lin, who returned earlier this week from a sprained left ankle, and Price, who has impressed the coaching staff during the preseason while Nash and Lin have been out.

"It's a huge chance, a huge chance," Scott said. "It's obviously increases the chances for Ronnie as well. Both those guys are going to have big-time opportunities.

"We have two quality point guards. We're probably going to have to look for another one as well, but right now I'm pretty happy with Ronnie. I think he's played extremely well for us, and Jeremy is just coming back from an injury and in the last couple of games he's getting back into it. I'm not concerned about it."

Although Lin would appear to be the clear favorite to be the starter with Nash out, Scott said he hasn't decided yet who will start, and Lin said he isn't taking anything from granted after last season, when he started only 33 of the 71 games he played for the Houston Rockets after starting all 82 games the season before.

"One thing I've learned is nothing is guaranteed in this league. Just because he's out that doesn't mean I'll necessarily be playing a lot or the whole game," Lin said. "That's just something I have to continue to take day by day. The reason I say that is my whole experience in Houston taught me that nothing is guaranteed but if I do get a bigger role or a bigger chance, I'm going to try to do everything I can with it and have fun with it."

Scott said he would wait until just before Tuesday's season opener against the Rockets to name the team's starting point guard, but he likes both Lin and Price.

"If Ronnie starts or Jeremy starts, both of them play well with the first unit," Scott said. "That's not a defining factor. It's all about who I feel gives me the best chance to win basketball games. Whoever I start is going to play the bulk of the minutes. He's going to play 30 minutes or more. It's really who I feel comfortable with, and to be honest with you, right now I feel comfortable with both of those guys."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11756575/los-angeles-lakers-coach-byron-scott-says-steve-nash-missed?ex_cid=espnapi_public

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

more like a future Zac Randolph

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

Those Lin errant passes can be lethal lol

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

uhh, you think i started posting here at age 4 or younger -- and i'm supposed to be the idiot? :grin:

get lost kid

12. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Only an idiot wouldn't know how to use the internet at age 4, so yeah i do think you're an idiot.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

lol sounds like something a LOH would say

14. conquistador#11

love byron scott's game face as a coach. i thought he was going to break out a "surprise mother f'er" during that timeout.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

oh wait, it's a F'n fakers fan!

doesn't PHO own your 2015 lottery pick? :grin:

16. gambingo

gambingo Member

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

Exciting finish. Vegas style.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hahahhahahahaaaaaa