1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Mallett Not at Practice: Personal Issue with Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by bobloblaw, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Reading defenses can be taught, as well.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I believe Coach will get the best out him as well limit his turnovers. It's a great benefit that Hoyer is already familiar with the offensive scheme. He made a few good audibles yesterday to.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but it's bad when it's your 7th year in the league and you still can't do it. Mallett is dumb as a bag of hammers, so if it was him failing to read defenses properly, it would make a lot more sense. I don't know what Hoyer's excuse is.

I saw that too, unfortunately one of those audibles was a bad audible that led to all kinds of pressure on him because he didn't read the defense and set his protections better.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There isn't a team in the NFL that would let 2 million dollars decide a QB competition.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texas">#Texas</a> QB Ryan Mallett missed the team's charter to Florida for the Dolphins game Sat.&amp;had to fly commercial. He's here at Sun Life Stadium</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/658302170668888064" data-datetime="2015-10-25T15:20:42+00:00">October 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. roxon

roxon Member

I think it's time for a new alarm clock.

7. Two Sandwiches

Coming this Sunday to a theatre near you...

Ryan Mallett stars as himself in a dark comedy about a man who had it all. After studying for years behind the greatest minds of his time, Ryan was given every chance to sieze the opportunity in a new city, leading a new cast of men to greatness. Tragedy strikes though, when Ryan's own two feet and that pesky alarm clock (that keeps resetting itself) threaten to bring down his dream. Ryan soon discovers that things can change, even in a matter of a few minutes, and what he once thought was his destiny may not be so certain. Watch as he hilariously tries to overcome the biggest two obstacles in his life.

Now including the scene where he goes to Target to buy a whole aisle of alarm clocks, only to change his mind when he discovers the price is a dollar more than he thought!

Ryan Mallett in: Mission Impossible: Rogue Texan.

-------

It has 95% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes! On its way to being certified fresh!

8. Commodore

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Why is Ryan Mallett still on the <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a>? Because Savage was placed on IR. That's it. Would've been cut otherwise.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/658308327252824064" data-datetime="2015-10-25T15:45:10+00:00">October 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mallett shouldn't be in uniform. Only is because <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a> have no choice. Dumb decision after another for team that stresses accountability.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/658309585602760708" data-datetime="2015-10-25T15:50:10+00:00">October 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. Two Sandwiches

Exactly. There is no doubt that he'd have been cut.

Dude went from auditioning for a potential starting NFL gig for the rest of his career (not sure if I want to say franchise quarterback audition) to potentially playing his way out of the nfl in the course of a year.

He'll be lucky to be a third string quarterback next year. What a fall.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mallet must be reading all of bobbythegreats posts in here.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not entirely shocking. The QB situation in Houston was completely bungled and sometimes mismanagement like that causes fallout.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not Mallet's fault.

It's Bob's fault for benching him and causing him stress

13. conquistador#11

you can't have a leader of man. cut him, trade a 7th for Keenumthesemigreat.
    and I wanted to see what mallet had but wow he is not even a good teammate.'

Hoping hoyer can continue doing what he has been doing.

14. Two Sandwiches

So, what are your thoughts on Mallett's responsibility in this? It's not solely because he's irresponsible?

Also, isn't it time to admit that Hoyer is the right choice for this team? Just maybe? Or are you still waiting for Hoyer to have a bad game or two so you can say you're smarter than all of us and you were right all along?

15. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

He's good as gone. He'll be cut tomorrow and a free agent will be brought on.

I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen. I'd be disappointed in O'Brien, actually.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's not as important a position as kicker

18. rocketshopeful

teams have bundled QB situations.. that happens by a few team every year

but i hear very few QB's making the dumb off the fields mistakes Mallet has made this year.

pretty lame excuse I would say.

19. Commodore

Keenum better get out of his deer stand, time to suit up

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And Ryan Mallett is a loser...