1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Don't really know what you are even saying or trying to say, but for the most part America is pretty accepting of people lgbt people.

2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

:)...and this is why I don't quit my day job...(even being very tempted to living off the welfare state as a black man)...

...funny is funny...which, try as I might...
    ..I ain't.

Basic idea, for me, is that our American political discourse, by and large, deviates from what is really wrong or what problems actually are, as opposed to larger abstract, largely inconsequential ideas or motivations that don't really affect us as much as we might think.

If you find out a way to convey humor in a two-dimensional space like this more effectively, pass it along, would you?

...since it seems like I'm still going to be moonlighting for a while yet...

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Win, lose or draw we are in the most vibrant revitalization of Populism in 65 years. Bernie is leading a charge of The People to take back government from the corporate interest that have controlled it since WW2, in the face of billions and billions of dollars of controlled media.

For or against it, it's worthy of a more reasoned discussion over the next 10 months than this thread has devolved on to.

4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Quite so.

Apologies for the sidebar.

sentir el berna

Viva la revolucione!

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dubious...I replied back to you on page 22. You said I was saying Red Scare propaganda things and I don't think I've said any such things. I was curious what you were referring to.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much the same thing was said 8 years ago.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Tone deaf if you think Bernie is the same as Obama or Hillary. lol

Hey take a chance and vote for Bernie, assuming you are not that contented with the status quo.

For the status quo I recommend Hillary.

#467 glynch, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

early domination. let's see if it remains

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sanders has 77 percent of the vote in Lempster, which is in the Burlington, VT media market</p>&mdash; Nate Cohn (@Nate_Cohn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/697227417451155456">February 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The first town from along the Vermont border to report shows Sanders with 75 percent of the vote.</p>&mdash; Nate Cohn (@Nate_Cohn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/697227266401632256">February 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It was somewhat true 8 years ago, which makes it stunning that it's being topped by the very next candidate.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bernie really kicked Hillary in the teeth tonight. Beating her 55-45 among women. That rhetoric from Steinem and Albright really backfired.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Way to go Bernie!

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Bernie doesn’t seem to know the difference between opportunities & guarantees. This country give everyone the tools to succeed.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your 4th grade English teacher seemingly failed to give you the tools succeed.

14. glynch

lol like a declining minimum wage and greatly increasing costs for education and health care. go back to old conservative tracks while the rest of the country moves on.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I don't really understand why on cnn.com it says Clinton has earned 431 delegates to Sanders 50.

Iowa Caucus was 27 delegates for Clinton and 21 for Sanders (despite losing by .2%

New Hampshire - Bernie won by 22% and over 50k votes but it says 15 delegates for Clinton, 13 for Sanders? How does that make sense?

Where are the 389 other delegates for Clinton and 16 for Sanders being pulled from?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Real question...why do you make it so easy for everybody to **** on you?

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

CNNs been adding the Supers in for some reason

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

She already has over half of the dem superdelegates.

19. glynch

My wife tried to donate to Bernie for the first time. In the last week she finally felt the Bern. She was a state delegate for Hillary in 2008 against Obama and has loved Hillary for many years, reading several books on her etc.

She tried to answer Bernie's call to donate at BernieSanders.com, but the fund raising site was closed down by too much traffic. It stayed pending for about 45 minutes before she gave up.

We broke the internet! ActBlue.com is down.
    (source) · 8 hours ago

]notsurewhatiam 107 points 8 hours ago
    This is YUGE!
    [–]Didalectic 58 points 7 hours ago
    I'd be happy if this didn't mean we are losing donations.
    permalinkparent
    [–]driving_cap 42 points 7 hours ago
    On mobile, I could send donations but the page just kept refreshing...so I tried again, having not received an email.
    I am starting to receive email receipts. I am not sure how much I donated tonight...but that's ok.
    permalinkparent
    [–]sexymugglehealer 13 points 5 hours ago
    Wish I was in that economic situation. I only managed to donate $3, but I know it matters too.
    permalinkparent
    [–]sowhat_whocares_ 10 points 3 hours ago
    I can only donate 3$ myself.
    I donated 3 after Iowa, and I donated 3$ tonight. probably will donate 3 more after Nevada.

permalinkparent
    [–]VROF 6 points 4 hours ago
    Obama used to ask for $5 donations because they count as new donors
    permalinkparent
    [–]pdx_kieran 6 points 5 hours ago
    Same here! Meant to donate 30, looks like I donated 75 and I'm totally cool with it.
    permalinkparent
    [–]Rapn3rdMassachusetts - Bernie Squad - Sergeant 21 points 7 hours ago
    This will be an awesome addition to the story tomorrow about how much money he raised after winning. Oh and btw, his supporters flooded Act Blue to the point of overwhelming the site for X number of minutes.
    permalinkparent
    [–]Amicalement 6 points 6 hours ago
    I haven't donated yet, but wanted to start and now the website is down :(
    permalinkparent
    [–]flying87 [score hidden] an hour ago
    Tomorrow is a new day. I'm donating $27 once the site is fixed

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor...igz/we_broke_the_internet_actbluecom_is_down/

20. glynch

HA Ha Ha We just found out that my wife's $50 donation to Bernie was finally processed last night 3 hrs later. At least she was not billed three times as some of the people were who got tired and did things like refreshing several times.