1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

1 bad game

1 very good game.

= Rookie in NFL.

2. Major

Major Member

Just less scrutinized ones. Last year at this time, Bridgewater was a consensus top 5 pick. The year before, Geno Smith was one. We'll see if any of next year's great QBs are still considered great in 9 months after their games are dissected endlessly.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep. On the flip side, Bortles went from a complete unknown to a possible #1 pick.

4. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Gotta love the guys calling him a dumb bust after his FIRST preseason game as a rookie then keeping it up after he as a pretty good week. I hope Teddy B tears it up in Minnesota. I don't know why there are a few posters who are so against him, he must have boned their girlfriend in high school or something.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . or something

Rocket River

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There is common characteristic of qbs that bigtexx et al criticize.

7. SirLK26

SirLK26 Member

Count me in the group that said Teddy would be a stud. He definitely looks the part so far. Hopefully Cassel starts the first several games, but then I want to see Teddy-AP-Patterson-Ruldolph. Beast.

I think Bortles and Manziel will be pretty good too though. Also Aaron Murray was another guy I liked before the draft, and he wasn't bad against Carolina.

Also, I hate the comparisons of Bridgewater to Newton, Griffin, Akili Smith, etc. Reading back through this thread someone actually compared Teddy to Cam Newton! Cam Newton? The only thing Teddy has in common with those guys is skin color. Ridiculous. The best comparison, as dumb as comparisons are, is Aaron Rodgers. Both are smart, mobile, excellent in the pocket, and dead-on accurate. Not a Vikings fan, but I hope Teddy Terrific has a career like Rodgers.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is no longer Texans related so can we lock this thread or at least move it to the general NFL section with the rest of the Vikings threads?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Draft Jameis next year and everyone will be happy. Solved the QB and race problem

1 person likes this.
  10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You still can't be sour about him dude. Let it go already.

Threads often start Texans / Rockets related and become other team or no teams related that don't get moved or locked.

I admit, Clowney is a monster on the field so far. I hope he keeps it up. But there's no reason for you to still be spiteful about Teddy.

Others here still think he will be a good QB in the NFL, maybe even great. You don't have to see it that way but there is still no reason to remove this thread cause of your ill feelings towards the guy.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We already have to deal with the Aggies who will make Manziel into the next VY constantly dreaming of him in a Texans uniform no matter how he does, we don't need the Bridgewater people doing the same. They don't play here, they'll never play here, move on.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

I wouldnt say never, I can see Bridgewater here in 4 yrs battling for a backup position.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Matt Cassel named starter.

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer 2h

Vikings players were informed this morning that Matt Cassel will be the starting QB in Minnesota over Teddy Bridgewater

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much s**t as you and Texxx talked about Teddy, it is perfectly reasonable to discuss him as long as you and he remain. It is relevant to the Texans because you are still giving opinions on the Texans.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really an intelligent take, the fact that some broke from the groupthink early and pointed out that Bridgewater wasn't at all worth the top pick in the draft doesn't mean that player is relevant to the Texans forever, but fine.

"The next Aaron Rodgers" couldn't beat out Matt Cassel and wasn't really close to doing so either. Can we both agree that we're glad the Texans didn't waste the top pick in the draft for him?

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

In fairness, I did think he was a good college QB. I certainly never thought he was 1-1 worthy, and I was proven very right in that regard.

Then he scored terribly on the lic and had an atrocious combine. I said that he wasn't a fit at all for BO'B.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

TB5 balled out this preseason, and Cassell getting the starting gig is nothing more than a formality. I look forward to watching Teddy grow into a great NFL QB.

With that said.. It's a shame B'OB didn't get his hands on Teddy. They would have made a great duo. I don't stress it anymore because i have no control over it.

Kind of like when I wanted to draft Russell Wilson, Julius Peppers, Doug Martin, Demaryius Thomas/Dez Bryant, and Clay Matthews.

But, what do I know? :p:p:p

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

DR. MARK ADICKES @JOCKTODOC
    @Vikings QB Matt Cassel has a broken foot. That will likely end his season. Await whether it is toe as originally stated or a Lisfrac frx.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Looking at the box score, it seems Bridgewater played fairly well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.