1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

by what metric? He couldn't get the offense going

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Stats-wise, his showing seems decent. No turnovers, led his team to two of their three scoring drives. That team sucks something big, and there was no chance they were going to win that game. If they had, I would have said he performed very well. Just seems from seeing what I've seen, he moved them decently for a rookie coming in in spot relief during his third NFL game.

Tell my why you disagree? Because they lost? Like I said, I didn't watch their game, and if anyone wants to provide more insight, I'm okay with that.

3. bigtexxx

uh, I'd start with zero touchdowns

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We get your shtick you don't like black QBs. It doesn't matter if they win super bowl you will find fault with them. Why do you want to be so negative about a guy?

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Fitz looked very intelligent throwing three picks today. Agree?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had a decent first game against the worst passing defense in the NFL, he never got in the end zone, but at least he didn't turn it over. I wish him well, but he has nothing to do with the Texans so this thread should die or be moved.

7. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I caught his first few drives, and he actually looked pretty good. He seemed sure of himself and was audibling at the line of scrimmage. Played a game manager type game. Made smart throws, didn't take many risks, and he looked pretty good scrambling outside the pocket.

Didn't catch most of the second half, though. I'll go back and watch it eventually.

The mods can move it if they want to. Meanwhile, I'll post in this thread because I've been following Teddy for a good amount of time and want to see him succeed. If you don't like it, email clutch or one of the mods about moving the thread or just don't click on it.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Minus his team's #1 weapon... I think he did well enough that Viking fans can be optimistic. Contrast that with Texan fans...

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Bridgewater got his last handful of completions in what was essentially garbage time. He made a few nice passes but still looks frail. In all fairness he gives the Vikings a much better chance to win than Cassell.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans have reason for optimism, more so in fact than the Vikings honestly. Sure we lost a game against a desperate Giants squad minus Foster and Clowney, but that's not enough for any rational fan to think the sky is falling.

1 person likes this.
  11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Foster wouldn't have kept Fitz from throwing three picks.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He could have. The game plan would have been different with Foster in the game. Fitz is a poor QB and there's no questioning that, but that's why guys like Foster are so vitally important to the team's success. The Giants desperately needed this game or their season was over and they played incredibly well. The Texans were missing 2 of their key players in Foster and Clowney and it showed. The defense played poorly and the offense was stagnant for too much of the game.

Either way, I'd think there would be a lot more reason for optimism among Texans fans than Vikings fans. Their star RB is in all kinds of off the field drama and they are nothing without him.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Seriously. No one has a clue if there will be any good QBs next draft or not.

14. bigtexxx

totally not true. You should have seen me cheer for Warren Moon when he played for the Oilers. I'm also an RGIII fan, although I do think Cousins has been better this year

take your trash to the D&D, kid

15. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

^And this dude wanted Clowney, if I remember correctly. Did I just defend Texx?? I must be slacking.

16. bigtexxx

exactly. I wanted Clowney from day 1

17. TheFreak

How has Clowney been better than Bridgewater so far?

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Bridgewater has been able to stay healthy. Clowney has not.

So to answer your question, no.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of "so far" because neither have really done anything "so far", it's that an elite talent like Clowney is more valuable than a meh type QB.

20. TheFreak

Greg Oden is an elite talent also.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.