1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reffing was absolutely terrible tonight in favor of Pelicans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Mar 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bmd

bmd Member

Lot of no-calls when the Rockets got fouled, and some phantom calls or touch fouls against the Rockets.

In addition to that, there were some questionable calls to stop Houston so that they didn't have to call a foul.

The most obvious example was when Brewer caught the ball wide-open in the corner for a 3, the referee blew the whistle and called 3 seconds. The 3 went in by the way, but it was waved off.

Also, free throw discrepancy:

Pelicans: 32 fta

Rockets: 12 fta

Refs were doing all they could to keep the game close. It was Ken Mauer though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When I saw Ken Mauer and Eli Roe, I knew it was going to be a looooooong night

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ken Mauer looks like a crook. What a hateable piece of chit.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I honestly didn't notice, but that being said - Ken Mauer and his hair.

5. showa13

showa13 Member

It was poor all the way around, but on that last play Cunningham was out of bounce. Like all the way out of bounce.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

:p

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

There was indeed home cooking especially in the fourth. You have to expect that on the road and play through it. That's what makes a good road team.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The douchnozzle was convicted of a felony in 2000 for Tax evasion and spent 5 months in jail...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Mauer

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't think it was that bad until Cunningham took 3 steps out of bounds to save the ball. If they make that shot they can't over turn it.. Rockets just get an apology and the L. Cunningham was by the photographers when he saved the ball!!! THREE STEP!!?? What the hell, man!?

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

We shot poorly from the 3pt line. I thought we played pretty good D on them. Out scored them in the paint. All and all, good game by us. We have a nice manageable stretch coming up to work Howard in. Then a stretch of games against the power houses in the west to prepare us for the playoffs.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why am I not surprised? Check the dude's offshore bank accounts.

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I didn't notice ken maker but I did notice the slow star to game due to a lot of calls against the rockets

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It likely would have ended in an appeal that we would have won, it's very rare to win them because you basically have to be 100% right, which in this case, the clock stopping and not the no out of bounds call would have sufficed as there was no reason for the clock to stop.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Christ do you guys look for excuses.

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I put this in the game thread but maybe it would be better here..

If there is a obvious clock malfunction and the clock stalls, what can the refs do about that if it was in the last possession?

What would have happened if Pelicans actually made a shot at the end but it only happened because of the clock stalling? The refs would look at the replay but it would show he got it off before the buzzer.

I'm pretty sure "clock stalling" is not reviewable so the refs would have to call it as it is - a made shot...

Now I will be scared of playing road games with the other team's scorekeepers playing with the clocks at the end of games.

16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Refs are the only reason why NO was so close at the end.
    they help NO a lot.
    The rockets played a great game

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

LOL but this is the NBA.

They will put out there two minute review with the obvious mistakes and say, "So... I guess we messed up... Good luck next game! :grin::p:cool:;)"

I'm really curious to see the 2-minute report for this game tomorrow to see if they admit the mistakes.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The officiating was really bad tonight.

Evans was in the backcourt with 15 seconds on the shot clock. Most blatant 8 second violation that wasn't even called. Amazing.

19. yo

yo Contributing Member

Lose. REALLY blame the refs. Criticize opposing team commentators.
    Win. Blame refs. Criticize opposing team commentators.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cunningham took 3 steps out of bounds to save the ball with the ref standing behind him looking down... Three BIG steps... I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of outrage.