1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe can't beat guys off the dribble anymore, says scouts to Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2014.

1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

It will also be comical when Lin goes hero ball and gets the Kobe death stare

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I caught their game the other night against the Jazz, and man I gotta say that the Lakers are one ugly lookin' team, and I kinda feel like they wouldn't even be competitive in the East.

So many things need fixing... U - G - L - Y, they ain't got no alibi

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Maybe the Lakers can go the OKC route and keep tanking and build your team back to contenders. Even though that might not happen lol

4. what

what Member

The sad thing about Kobe Bryant is that he believes that POINTS, POINTS and More POINTS proves that he is still elite.

Kobe Bryant could be a very valuable player on a team if he could set aside his ego and just try to help a team win by being a complimentary player.

Also, all of these media guys making snide remarks about the ranking seem to buy into the fact that scoring 25 points a game makes Kobe elite. It doesn't.

That's why Tim Duncan is and will always be the superior player. Period.

5. gambingo

gambingo Member

old man Kobe can still get up, no pun intended

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Obqu6ihTBeX/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Tim Duncan has allstars and a HOF coach... Isn't Kobe in a way forced to be a 25ppg scorer with this team?

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The greats want to win. Kobe wants to prove he is the best by pumping his stats. Winning is more of a means to an end than the goal for him. He knew he had to win rings to be in the GOAT conversation and I honestly think that is his only motivation to win.

MJ approached the game with "I want to destroy the opposing team" attitude. Kobe approaches the game with "what do I need to do for people to think I'm the best" attitude.

That's what separates Kobe from being a top ten player.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's exploding?

9. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

This is why LOFs like me around the world are smiling

This is why Lin will avg at least 22ppg, 8apg, 45FG%, and 403PT%

Old Kobe who can't blow past his man, old Nash, old Boozer, scrubs, and next best talent is a rookie (Randle) who's lost most of the time?? And give-the-ball-to-PG-****-you-McHale-and-all-other-ballhogs(Harden) coach???

This is why we smile

And we don't even like Lin... :D

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well at least kobe didn't forget how to shoot the ball.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it's kinda expected Lin fans only care about useless individual stats, as long as Lin gets points, **** the rest of the team.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Showtime, baby.

13. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

I'm having what this ^^ guy is having. :grin:

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe leads all players in shots per 36 minutes this preseason (23 FGA). He's shooting 37 percent from the floor.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/524204086061985793">October 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

pretty on track

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

^ To be fair, he is probably trying to get back into the flow of the game since he's been hurt.

17. jedicro

jedicro Member

Sources have also confirmed that Carlos Boozer has acne, and that Jeremy Lin is asian.

1 person likes this.
  18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IDLDX10L4OU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member