1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cordarrelle Patterson vs. Deandre Hopkins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who would do such a thing?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are we also going to talk about how you thought Shorts, Washington, and Strong were gonna be awesome WR depth for the Texans?

"Best backup WRs in the NFL"

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Still the best WR depth the Texans have ever had.....till this upcoming season.

4. Pete the Cheat

guys...guys...please

both your opinions are horrible :p

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

No way man! Don't hang your head over the original post. You did it right... you humbly asked if we made the right choice, acknowledging that we wouldn't know until we had the luxury of hindsight, and also acknowledging that both WRs had great ability. Nothing to be embarrassed about there.

Other folks around here would've started a thread about how they "ABSOLUTELY HATE DEANDRE HOPKINS" immediately after one of those great Patterson games way back in 2013.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just want to point out that last year was the franchise's 3rd highest total for receiving yards by wide receivers in a single season at 2967.

The only two that were better were Matt Schaub's glory years.

I reject the idea that the WR corps last year was bad. It was out deepest WR core in franchise history and put up a pretty good season despite a safe offense led by what most people here consider to be a basket of awful quarterbacks.

The only one of the top 4 WRs that won't be back next year is Nate Washington, who despite having some inexplicable drops, got a deal with New England. It's also worth noting that he was constantly able to get himself open downfield.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I attribute that more to O'Brien's schemes more than anything. It is part of the reason why I am so excited to see legitimate speed in this offense.

8. Mr. Clutch

Yep, and Mallet has tons of upside

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did, he didn't realize it due to him being an immature idiot....something that was always a knock on him. Or rather, he hasn't yet. Someone having upside doesn't mean they'll ever realize it.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn, Bobby is savage. :grin::cool:

11. Mr. Clutch

You also said the coaching staff was stupid for cutting Mallet, and that he would spread his wings and fly.

And that Nix, XSF, and Fiedo were great picks

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did, and Mallett went on to play better for the Ravens than Hoyer did for the Texans, especially in that game where he led the Ravens to beat their rival the Steelers. The coaching staff's foolish obsession with Hoyer cost the team any chance of winning a playoff game.

Also, I said that Nix was a risky pick due to him not having any knees at the time, but that I liked the value because he was seen as a possible first rounder if he had knees.

I still think XSF was a good pick given that he was seen as the best guard prospect in the draft and there was a need there, but I'd have picked Carr instead because I had him as the best QB in the draft.

I still think Fiedorowicz was a good pick. He's the only TE on the roster that can block and catch. He's the starter for a reason.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mallets stats on the Ravens- 2TD, 2 INt, 5.8 y/a

Fiedo caught 17 passes for 167 yards

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, feel free to double down on being wrong if you like.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I was looking back on how this thread went down and noticed how quickly it unraveled from Hop vs. A Nobody to Bridgewater sucks, Mallet/Fitzpatrick are awesome and Bobby knows all!

How wrong can you be on a slew of different topics within one thread? Wow.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much any time people argue with me, they end up wrong. They should have just listened when I told them Hopkins was better than Patterson and moved on instead of bringing up other arguments where they could be wrong too.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bobby,

You can be intolerable at times. Let it goooooooooo!

You are right and wrong just like the rest of us.

19. Mr. Clutch

It's just getting worse for him with Fuller, Bridgewater, and Jameis playing well.

A monkey throwing darts would be right more often

20. dmoneybangbang

Over 27000 posts in almost 4 years.... Statistically you are bound to get something right.... Broken clocks are right twice a day too.