1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I think dealing with Indiana for Hill could be a great fit. Papa & TJones for Hill could make sense for both parties and help us cut a team out of the Smith market. We might have to add a pick to that, but I would. Hopefully just a future 2nd from NYK or POR.

If we could pull off that trade and use MLE on KJ & Smith, plus add a vet min guy at SF and PF, I think we would have had a real successful off-season.

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

so if you had to guess, where do you think he ends up? My guess is he resigns here for the non bird max.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I just don't see PHX taking that kind of risk. Smith's rep still isn't fully rehabilitated around the league and my suspicion is they probably feel better about the devil they know in Kief than the devil they don't in Smith.....not enough to use up cap space I think......just my opinion though

4. malakas

malakas Member

It wouldn't be a good fit for Indiana. They need Hill and they will keep him now that they signed Ellis. He is simply not available.
    He fits perfectly and a pg like him is hard to find.
    I don't know lol I hope he comes back . The longer it takes the better for us. He can still sign for mle money if he wants either by us or another team.
    Bird is also careful about characters. The only team that wouldn't care about Smiths' reputation is the Kings.:grin:

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Josh smith knows he fitted in well with this team. every report even asked him about how he felt about fitting in so good with this team.

i highly doubt he would want to leave after the success of last season.

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

while true, it doesn't mean houston's the ONLY team he could fit in well with. he might get paid 3-5 times more to find out.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What's Pistons salary cap situation?

Maybe they can pay him for us.

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

we don't play thos multiple games without him, but hey hate on

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You can't sign and trade a contract you can't afford

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Josh Smith was pretty important, but with a healthy Tjones and Dmo we don't need him as much.

Smith was key because of those injuries because rarely has Tjones and DMo healthy at the same time. Only time we did was with Dwight being injured. The one thing we will miss big time with Smoove is his creating ability. He was literally the only one on this team outside of Harden that had any playmaking talent on a consistent basis.

We really need somebody that can either score on their own from the perimeter, or a playmaker for others. Grieves Vasquez would've been perfect, but he got traded.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

A healthy Jones will still choke again in playoffs as usual.

Dmo will be still that Dmo that can't defend any great PF in western conference.

1 person likes this.
  12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know if it's the right approach for this team to plan to have both DMo and TJones going forward. Even if they were both healthy all next year, what are the chances we re-sign them both? It's possible, but I get the feeling whoever plays the most minutes will get a huge contract (from someone) and the other won't be far behind. Smith can be had right now for a much cheaper contract that will look like pennies in the next two years.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

What if the Pistons signed him lolz

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I disagree. They have nothing at the 4 with West gone. They are going to have to make some sort of deal, even if they think Turner can contribute right away there. Does that mean it will be by trading Hill or for TJones? No, but that is their only real realistic trade chip to bring back anything with immediate contributing ability and potential. Otherwise they will operate in absolute Eastern Conference purgatory where they aren't even close to a contender and barely scrape into the playoffs.

15. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

:confused:

16. Rox>Mavs

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Down anyone know a reliable site to get up to date remaining cap space for teams? Who could even offer him now?

18. Rox>Mavs

Bima recommended Eric Pincus at baskballinsiders.com

You can go to the site and pull up salaries by team and he has a lot of them updated. He already put in Brewer's salary for the Rockets.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

They used cap space to sign players. They don't have an MLE. Room or Bi-Annual exception (but not both) is all they have. Not sure which they have but the Room Exception is worth 2.8 million and the Bi-Annual is worth 2.1 million. Neither exception allows for more than a 2 year contract.