1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

they have talent but it doesn't fit. But we will see. The problem is chemistry.
    Also don't go on debates with King fans right now they are depressed. Give them a break.:p

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

As an asset the opposite is true. As an asset KJ >>>>>>>>> Josh.

And, as I said earlier in the thread, though I love Josh his FT shooting makes it really hard to keep him on the floor. We already have hackable guys in Dwight and Brewer. Smith is more hackable than either of them. Can we afford to have three core rotation players that the other team can force us to sit whenever they want?

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

"the reason" he helped them win one game (which was a fluke), and the reason why they lost multiple games -- if you want to look at the big picture.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of those teams, who has money left to spend on him?

i'd think jones/papa for collison is in both parties best interest. however, i'd only move jones once josh is resigned.

5. Batman Jones

He was a huge part of it but he didn't do it on his own. It was actually Jones (the guy that everyone here apparently wants to be rid of) that got that comeback going. And had D-Mo been there it's difficult to imagine we wouldn't have been in a better situation to begin with.

Not taking anything away from Josh. He was terrific for us last year and I'm a huge fan of his game. I just don't think we can afford to have so many hackable guys in our core rotation.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't think we can trade for a better player than Josh with the asset "KJ".

Without considering Pistons paying money, Josh's salary is absolutely over 10 million, especially in this year.

7. YaosDirtyStache

I really dont like the idea of not bringing Smoove back. He fits. He may be an idiot but he is OUR idiot.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Anyway, it doesn't make any sense to clear a hackable star player whose salary only 2 million.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

He is not a idiot. He is very smart. Respect

1 person likes this.
  11. Batman Jones

Truth. He's not an idiot at all.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm okay with losing Smith. I'd like him back but for every great stretch he had he also had a totally disastrous stretch. I think we are fine at PF as long as DMo/Jones stay healthy.

I'd rather spend money on a PG upgrade, although that will probably have to be through trade at this point.

13. Batman Jones

I fully expect $2.49 million is on the table for Josh or that we have an agreement that it will be, by the way. I'm not arguing we don't re-sign him, only pointing out some real problems with being able to rely on him at crunch time.

14. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I agree with this. The $2.49m offer is there, and that is all I see him getting from us unless we are literally not able to sign anybody with our MLE. Like Batman Jones said earlier, it is a nuisance having so many hackable guys on this team, and mostly for that, and a few other, reasons, I would be ok letting him go. However, for the miniscule price tag of $2.49m, I'm willing to look past those flaws. If we strike out with the MLE everywhere else (highly unlikely), would you be ok offering it to him for multiple years? I think that's where it gets tough. Luckily, I don't see that happening.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Now sacramento is out and toronto depending on what they pay joseph likely out.
    That leaves phoenix and pacers.
    There is Hill and Nene(through trade) available on the market besides Smith.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I like our chances of getting smith at a reasonable deal amongst those two. Phoenix is dealing with Morris, and with the pacers trading hibbert it looks like they're going small and smith is not into playing the 5 (Although if the offer is high enough he might not care)

17. malakas

malakas Member

that's the opposite sabesque. The Suns may be interested esp because they need to trade Morris some time soon and the Pacers hole is at pf. At the 5 they have Turner and Mahimi can play. They need a 4.

And they can't absorb Nene either or David Lee.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

From what I'm reading, Phoenix is moving forward with Keef at the PF and the Phoenix beat writer said there is almost no chance they go after smoove (his quote: "Josh Smith? There is a better chance of Aldridge changing his mind to Phoenix than the Suns pursuing him.")

In regards to Indiana: I don't know if they'll go after him, but I also don't know if it will be an attractive destination for HIM. If they throw him an amazing offer, maybe.

19. malakas

malakas Member

The suns are very careful with the personalities they add from now on..HOWEVER doesn't matter what their beat writer says, who btw is the fo mouthpiece, they won't keep Kief for long. He is very angry they traded his bro away after taking a big paycut to keep them together, and he has problems with the law. He won't stay much longer. So I don't care what the beat writer says, they got to find a new pf.

Indy is a good destination because it's a playoff team and has a star. ofc it depends on the money.

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Yup Exactly how I feel. I would be sad to lose him. Saddest since probably Kyle Lowry