1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith targeted by Sacramento?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

there are three teams with pf needs atm . I doubt all of them pass on Smith or don't offer him a good contract of at least 6 per. All three of them can.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

rockets just waiting for the market to set his price. once he gets an offer they will know if they have to up their offer from $2.5M. any higher offer and the whole amount comes from the MLE. this is why the rockets haven't signed anyone with the MLE yet.

i don't think josh gets an offer much higher than the full MLE somewhere else. but even if he does, the state taxes will almost even out the money. then it comes down to role on the team and winning, and the rockets offer the most of both.

we'll have to wait for him to get an offer though. most likely our MLE goes to him. backup PG will come from trading jones/papa/prigs. maybe collison, jennings, or chalmers.

1 person likes this.
  3. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I don't think we make our run in the playoffs without Smith. If he wants the MLE, that is a good deal for a pretty good player. Look how crazy everyone else is getting paid. Then we can trade Jones, Papa and draft picks for another player that can create off the dribble either after or at the midseason trade deadline. Would be great to get OJ Mayo or someone similar.

4. chandlerbang21

need Smith to return and terry at vet min

5. sabesque

sabesque Member

Mala, what teams have space and would want Smith? Which do you think are the real threats?

6. vince

vince Member

Getting Josh Smith signed would be a coup....

I wonder how a healthy squad last year would have looked. It was a deep team but without 2 starters in the playoffs. Montiejunas and Beverly were sorely needed.

7. malakas

malakas Member

i found some depth charts made by fans so its 4 teams. Not 3.
    Phoenix Toronto Pacers and Sacramento.

I think there is a very high probabillity Toronto and Chicago have a trade lined up already and that's why they may not go after a pf.

Here is a list of some depth charts :
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1397692#start_here

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Gay posted a snap with him and J - Smoove out and about with the tag "He a King next"

Worrying. Does Smith really care about the money vs winning? He's getting paid by Detroit isn't he?

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nope, stay away from smith. got three centers thats ur fault. go big or let one rot on the bench

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why we would rather give MLE to KJ than Josh?

KJ hardly played last season. It doesn't make any sense.

Josh >>>>>>>> KJ

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The longer this goes on the better for us.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

I honestly dont see that much of a difference between Draymond Grrn and Smoove other than the systems they play in. I actually think Josh is a better basketball player than him. If Draymond is making 95 mil. I Cant blame Josh for taking the money.....But I really want him back. WE got unfinished businesss.

13. Raven

Raven Member

It would hurt to lose him, but he's not irreplaceable. In Morey I trust.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Josh Smith turned into a Godsend for us last year, especially when we needed a boost in the play-offs. For me he's the proverbial... "No don't... nice shot!" kind of guy. Between his streaky shooting, wild play-making skills and above average D, he's the kind of guy that helped us turn the corner.

McH is the perfect coach for Josh and he's on a team w/ his lifelong friend. Those two factors cannot be overlooked if Josh is thinking what's best for his career vs his wallet. I have to think his dad is helping him think through this process. I mean he went from the turd in the Pistons' punch bowl to an almost savior for us in the play-offs. That kind of turnaround isn't easy and credit Josh and the Rockets for making it a reality.

I hope Josh is having some fund doing the FA thing and will turn around this week and say "This is where I'm supposed to be. I'm a Houston Rocket!"

If not, we'll survive. DMo will be back and hopefully his confidence will have grow and his back is healthy. TJones is an enigma. He started balling at the beginning of last season and then the carpet was pulled out and he struggled when he returned. Oh he had his moments, but he wasn't consistent, which I guess you can expect from a young guy. I'm very interested in seeing our young forwards play. DM drafted Dekker who can probably play small ball 4, as well as be primarily a 3. Dekker rose up in the tournament and showed a bit of his potential at this level. Harrell is a 4, who may be able to play some small ball 5 (because of his length). Harrell might surprise us, I'm sure dude is pissed he slipped into RD2 and he's going to come in fired up. Finally, C. Wood was all over the draft boards, but fell off (seemed due to his attitude/work ethic). If he can take advantage of his God-given talent and work his butt off, maybe he could develop into something special. Finally, I also really like KPap. I know he may just be a chip to many, but dude came out balling early in the season before the injury. If he can adjust to 3pt line, he has a nice all-around came and can play 3 or 4.

So if Rudy convinces Josh by getting sloshed, I'll be disappointed, but not devastated.

15. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I can't take any more 5-17, 3-14, or 6-16 games from him, especially when those were all during the WCF.

16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

suppose you'd probably rather not make the WCF at all considering he was the reason we got there

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Help me out, got people here in Sacramento saying that besides Harden the Kings have a better roster than us. :confused:

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's like teams telling Chicago fans in the 90's our roster is better than yours outside Jordan lol

19. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Hahahaha don't even know what to say. doesn't matter what our roster is like without him....we have him.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Wow so many fans here already forget who saved us in game 6 vs Clippers...

Only with game 6, I will keep Josh any way!!!