1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

I'll gladly be wrong to advance in the playoffs. Thank you very much.

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said!

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The hell you say!....let's see if we can get this guy. :p

[​IMG]

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

NOP 1st + TJones GITRDUNMURY

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jones has been the second best player after harden for multiple games now. Time to leave him be and let him do his thing instead of finding new ways to poke holes at him. Dude is playing as well as he ever has in his career and he's young. We would be lucky to have him a while longer on a rookie deal.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He on the all ugly team.

Gives Cassel a run for his money......yikes.

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

How in the world does Jones's or DMO's defense have anything to do with the playoffs in a scenario where you have Dwight back? If anything, you are stronger this year because the Rockets can throw 4 different guys at any really good big in the West and not have to worry about taking a hit on the offensive side of the ball.

Jones has improves vastly but outside of Howard or maybe Asik, (guys who are close to 7 feet tall), no one was stopping that shot from Gasol last night. He could take it straight at Jones because he has a large height and weight advantage but then that's a 4 having to guard a 5 so it's a mis-match and yet Jones still forced him to fade away and place more arc on his shot which is a lower % shot than being able to straight-up with it.

If anything, the defensive call was awful at the end of the game. Gasol is their best player and he should have been jumped immeadiately by a help defender. That's not on Jones, that's on the coaching staff.

1 person likes this.
  8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

His perfect PF is Dmo dobro. Dmo can't do no wrong in this old man eyes. We don't ever read any negative comments from him concerning Dmo's flaws. So basically he continues to talk Jones down by saying we will lose in the playoffs again if Jones is starting. Jones game has flourished nicely but dude only hone in on the mistakes he makes. Therefore, he comes on here, no matter how much Jones has proven him wrong since day one, with this crap about Jones Bball IQ being low, he's not starting caliber PF on a championship caliber team ( never heard garbage like this before ) lol and he can't shoot (like every PF can shoot mid range shots). Oh Reggie Evans is better but guess this cat shoot period. Hahaha

Holic keeps bringing up the Portland series to validate his case in point. But no one time did he talk about team defense or our coaches making in game adjustments. Those are the main reasons why we lost that series. It wasn't just Jones's fault, it was every bodies fault, starting from Mchale to the last man on the bench.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I'll be happy in a year when one of DMo or Jones are gone from the team. The argument as to who is better is just annoying at this point.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Both players games have improved tremendously. Next year I expect their games to be even better. Nothing wrong with having two young up incoming big men. Both players bring something different to this team. I like them both.

11. Nook

Nook Member

One or both.

Honestly should have just packaged DMO and the Pelican pick for Dragic and force his hand, at the minimum we go into the playoffs probably the #2 seed with Harden/Howard/Dragic.

Both DMO and TJ were good draft picks and both have improved..... but I don't want either as a starter on this team. They both have serious flaws and I don't think either is all that great as a starter.

I wish nothing against either player, but lets move on...

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There wouldn't be anything wrong with it if it didn't make the fanbase go full potato all the time. Also, I think it's very unlikely that we'll choose to pay both of them.

At this point I don't even care. It's like with Lin, I just want one of them gone to stop the madness. Ultimately though there will be some people who will constantly bring up whoever we decide to get rid of like they sometimes still do with players like Patterson, but those people are easy to ignore.

13. Handles

Handles Member

Those arguments will never ever end here. If it isn't Dmo vs Jones it will be another two players.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they won't but that one is so incredibly stale I just want a different stupid argument for a while. The DMo vs Jones debate will never go anywhere because it boils down to skill vs athleticism. Whichever you prefer dictates your position and it'll never change.

1 person likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Be careful what you wish for.

16. Handles

Handles Member

Skill vs athleticism is a great way to summarize it. It's hard for me to believe that people can't just root for both.

But no..."THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" lol.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Right now, I'm feeling T Jones over D Mo. He's just tougher in the paint. D Mo has shown flashes and they're both very good players. Kudos to Morey.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bobbythegreat you know darn well every fan base trips like this brother. So why read into things like that. Lol

That's a no brainer, we already know they won't be able to keep both of them.

All I'm saying is, " what a great problem to have". We have two young solid PF'S that contributes in two entirely different ways.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

deleted

#34639 ZNB, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Same here. D-Mo gets pushed around too often for my liking, and doesn't show the tenacity you need from a starting big man who plays down low. He's got excellent post moves and has improved his 3-pt shot greatly however, which makes him incredibly valuable. Off the bench, next to Smith, he'll be a huge asset in the playoffs. While Jones isn't nearly as offensively skilled as D-Mo, he's an excellent weak-side rebounder, and has a higher motor, which will make him thrive next to Dwight when he comes back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.