1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

here link

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks again, looks like he really is going to be in the lineup!

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mr. Argumentative

Here you go on another forum picking senseless arguments and for what. Nobody on this forum knows the time table of DMO's return. Shoots Dmo himself doesn't even know his exact return. I hope not because we need him but more so for your sake. Because we don't want you going into a deep depression. I never seen anybody have this type of man CRUSH like you have for DMo. LOL crazy!

1 person likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

For the love of god, put him on ignore. The guy is a moron, don't waste your time and energy.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This wasn't a very well thought out response. You do realize I was responding to someone who was predicting a time table for DMo's return while not doing so myself right? You do realize that makes what you said look pretty stupid right?

Be better.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Since this thread is being spoiled by the usual suspects, I thought I'd add some real, actual content.
    D-Mo looks like he is doing lower back & core training, but with a Steph Curry "train the brain" twist.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Work hard, move fast, be ready!!! ;) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pursuit?src=hash">#Pursuit</a> <a href="http://t.co/HLLOPWzJ8Y">pic.twitter.com/HLLOPWzJ8Y</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/653589285942226944">October 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Brother you need to ignore his childish *ss. He's the garms version of the village idiot and he will never stop. 18,000+ posts in less than 3 years and that says it all. Ignore him.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

That looks very challenging.

Based on all the workouts, I don't think we are too far from seeing DMo practicing with the team....probably a couple of weeks. My guess is that puts his 1st game action at around mid-November.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I hope and pray for sooner but would be very happy with mid November return. As long as he's back with enough time to get in game shape to play against the Spurs in December and Aldridge.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Train the brain twist? Please elaborate what Steph Curry does.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they can devise a court vision training. Maybe something like what the optometrists do to test our peripheral vision.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Honestly. This has potential to be a special season -- no need to allow 2-3 people who feel compelled to taint every thread with the same yawn-inducing rhetoric dull your buzz. ;)

On topic, last night was a great example of where DMo is sorely missed. The offense was back to UGLY when both Harden & Ty were out, which is mildly concerning in light of Harden's knee and Ty's (likely) looming suspension. Having DMo available is a near guarantee that the offense won't stagnate, if all of those guys are healthy.

13. malakas

malakas Member

yeah (tho I don't worry for Harden's knee more about limiting somewhat his minutes). DMO will offer a different look in offence and some playmaking.
    That's why I think he should come off the bench. To help on that because no other bench player except maybe a little Terry offers much in making plays for their teammates.

I'm totally impressed by that video and DMO looks to be very far in his rehab. Great news.

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wonder how this injury affects his development. He's been rehabbing the entire offseason instead being able to practice. Has a young player been injured all summer before yet still come back better than before?

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Rehabbing injury doesn't make you better than prior to the injury. Playing basketball makes you better at basketball. And he hasn't played basketball for half a year.

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

WRONG!

Let's say because of his back injury he is now being forced to improve his core strength to take pressure off of the back muscles.

This increased core strength would help DMO hold post position stronger on offense and defense. There are things you can do without actually playing basketball to get better at Basketball. Not playing games will impact Dmo in negative ways like game fitness, but to say he has nothing to gain from his rehab is just plan dumb.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

WRONG!
    If returning after injury made you better than before, players would get injured on purpose all the time.

18. nobie

nobie Member

are you r****ded?

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No way that happens. This is likely to be a recovery year for D-MO where he takes small steps towards a full recovery whenever that may be.

It is completely unrealistic to expect him to be better than last year AFTER the back surgery and AFTER a prolonged period away from bb activities.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

link

been said many times but no need to rush DMo's return. probably much more prudent to err on the side of caution early this season. he's still not traveling with the team, and despite McHale's dissatisfaction with the bigs (except Capela), we have enough bodies to muddle through the beginning of the season.

1 person likes this.