1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

Jones always had Asik or Howard to help him. DMo on the other hand had... to do everything himself.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why when we won 50+ games with him starting with lesser talent.

Harrell is going to the D-League.

Dang you fans overreact around here to dang much.

3. nobie

nobie Member

something around a month.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for an update, but constantly leave disappointed.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ummm...say what??? Okay...so... No offense but this is just another example of how the fans here just see what they see, or don't even watch the actual basketball being played and comment.

Go back and watch the preseason games thus far and tell me that Harrell is ready to contribute (even as a garbage man big) vs. what Jones is shown he's ready to contribute now as a seasoned player. Its not even close, and AGAIN I'm not even a Jones fan, and can't wait for the day we get an upgrade, or someone leap frogs him in the rotation. Four fouls in the first quarter against Phoenix from Montrezl... come on guys... he's obviously a rookie that is going to do rookie things that drive coaches crazy.

If you guys can't blatantly see right in front of you that the rockets NEED Jones right now for at least the regular season to stack up wins for playoff positioning (which matters dearly in the West to have a chance in the playoffs), you guys just aren't paying attention, or do not want to pay attention.

What's D-Mo's time table as if D-Mo is going to be so much better... go ask his personal physician BobbythenotsoGreat. Nobody knows more about how D-Mo's recovery from back surgery is uniquely insignificant that Bobby.

D-Mo will surely be back sometime in the next couple of months as he seems to be ramping up with physical therapy. All we can do is hope he doesn't have set backs and can keep ramping up more and more over the next few weeks. That being said when he does get back on the court, I anticipate (and other fans should to, but they wont) that he's going to take time to get his timing and conditioning back up to where he was at the peak of last season.

Regardless, you guys need to be prepared to see a good deal of TJones this year as Harrell takes his rookie bumps to improve, and Motiejunas takes his time to get back to 100%.

Optimally we should want D-Mo to really start to hit his stride in the second half of the season so he can be peaking going in towards the playoffs. Jones is a nice tool to have to help the Rockets get wins in games they really should be winning.

As matchups go, there is no crystal ball to tell us who will matchup best vs. whoever the Rockets are playing, but having D-Mo playing at a high level defensively IMO gives us another look to matchup to certain other bigs in the West. There is no silver bullet though, but I like the contrast they have to try different combinations.

Its impossible to ask I know, but let's try to be a bit more objective this early in the season please guys. Let's be honest about what we got in our toolbelt, what needs to be tuned up, when we need to use certain tools, and what tools we do not have.

1 person likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Combine Harrell's motor with Jones's skills... you'd have Draymond Green.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Must Spread Rep .....

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just an FYI, McHale has said Harrell has already proven he is ready to contribute on NBA team. Not saying he's ahead of Jones, but he's not viewed as a typical rookie for the Rockets.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'm so happy that there's still ton of people who underrate DMo. Watched Jalen & Jacoby WC preview and they didn't mention DMo not even once. Nothing better than proving skeptics wrong. Though it does irritate when Jalen hypes Jones every time he talks about Rockets, but it's somewhat understandable, knowing how much Jalen prefers black players/coaches over white.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

QTF and must spread rep..

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

UGH QFT...

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol :grin:

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

14. nobie

nobie Member

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

...."....over white..." Wow, lol
    You're kidding, right? I like DMo like the next guy, but accusing Jalen Rose of favoring one player over another based on race is idiotic.

Has Jalen ever said that he "prefers black (African American, by the way) players/ coaches over white?" No, he hasn't.

I'm glad that your signature is an admittal of your loyalty towards DMo and your disloyalty towards the Rockets, but don't let your own favoritism impair your judgment. Your entire post is delusional.

I think you would be a happier fan if you recognized that every player brings something different to a team. If you've ever played or coached, I'm sure you would understand that it takes varying degrees of talent, in multiple positions, to construct a strong team.

There are things that TJ can do that DMo isn't great at. There are things DMo can do that TJ cannot. So, too,is the rest of the NBA.

As a guy who watched Jalen on different teams, he is one of countless examples of players being underrated. If you watch tape, Jalen didn't get all of the accolades, but the man could flat out score and take over games.

What makes you think he wouldn't root for an up-and-coming player like DMo, who you tirelessly cry out is underrated?

You may disagree with someone's opinion, including Jalen's, but leave race at the door. It doesn't belong here. Don't open up a door that you don't understand or have any business opening.

I just can't stand when people claim a sort of "unfair treatment" in basketball that is related to race. You remind me of a player I coached who claimed that the coaching staff didn't play him as many minutes because he was Puerto Rican. It had nothing to do with his race and no players were shown favoritism.

He was misinformed, or in your case, as a fan, hoping for some sort of sick self-fulfilling prophecy of racial discrimination.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Correct. Reading comprehension, guys, come on! lol Like a mirage in a desert, our thirst for the return of D-Mo has people reading stuff all twisted.

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

man...stop lol

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you misread the article. It was inferring that EXCEPT Motiejunas, everyone else (Harden & Howard notably) "should be available" on Saturday.

Here's the most recent update via Feigan-

so.... "Sounds Like Awhile Before Practice" means what you make of it but IMO, as someone who has come back from major surgery that needed extensive rehab, that means weeks or months... not days. Again... if you think this is a timetable type of rehab from an injury than you've never came back from a major injury/procedure like this that needed extensive rehab. Its a step by step process and sounds like next major step/milestone will be to get him on the court doing drills, then you may see some half court stuff, then full court practice, then maybe light minutes, etc. So we are several steps away from seeing our boy D-Mo on the court... let's be patient please.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

per Chron a day ago or so ... "Kevin McHale said it looks as if forward Donatas Motiejunas ..."

my temporary pass expired. pretty sure that ended 'will miss the season opener' ... or something to that effect.

link