1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Cinema] Leonardo DiCaprio & Tom Hardy in Alejandro G. Iñárritu's 'The Revenant'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jul 17, 2015.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Great article for anyone who wants to see how the sausage is made. There was a rumor that Hardy choked/punched out Alejandro at one point. I believe it considering what I've read about Alejandro's antics on other films and Hardy getting physical with Nicolas Winding Refn & Paul Bettany in the past.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

So...does that mean this will suck?

3. Buck Turgidson

Hey, it worked great for "Apocalypse Now".

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

no more movies with snow in the setting????

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Looked like a bunch of pretty clips. I still have no idea what the movie is about after that trailer.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's the best kind of trailer! Too many trailers give away the whole plot nowadays.

7. Yonkers

Between the two wildly polarizing options then I guess you're right. But how about we just have a good trailer that at least makes me want to watch the movie.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its a true story. So you can easily figure out what the movie is about. Heck the story is so crazy it seems like it was written for hollywood.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

When stuff like this happens you either get Apocalypse Now or Heaven's Gate/Waterworld. Most of the time it's the latter though.

10. TheresTheDagger

Look's like this generations "Jeremiah Johnson".

Hugh Glass....the subject of this movie...rode with Jim Bridger who is another legend of those days. In fact, he should have a prominent role in this movie if they follow history. He has many towns, roads, mountain ranges named after him near where I live.

Looking forward to this.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I question your taste in film If that trailer doesn't make you want to watch this movie...

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might be good. The clip did convince me that perhaps he could do a good job of directing Blood Meridian. I'm still not positive that a good movie version can be made of that, but this clip gave me a little hope that it's possible.

13. Yonkers

Why so? This is basically the trailer.

opening scene of mountain man looking at mountain
    scene of man running through woods
    scene of men on horse
    scene of men in battle
    scene of man shooting another out of tree
    scene of men running to boat
    scene of man walking through snow
    more scenes of man on boat
    scene of man camping
    scene of man hugging
    scene of man walking again
    scene of men holding guns
    scene of bear
    scene of men licking snowflakes
    scene of men chasing another on horse

lots of heavy breathing and drum beats

1 person likes this.
  14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

looks dumb and convoluted as fuhhhhhk.

i'll see anything with tom hardy tho. no shame.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just saw the trailer. I'll bite. Tom Hardy is so hot right now, and I am generally a big fan of Leo.

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Leo still chasing that Oscar if this movie pans out he may finally get his shot.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know the truth of this, but if it is true, it just underscores how jacked the whole system is. diCaprio was all as good as Woltz in "Django" (although the latter actually had more of a lead role) and should have at least scored a nomination.

Then there's the whole "give the Oscar to the older actor when you can" bit. Samuel L. Jackson took it up the you-know-what when the bluehairs gave the Oscar to Martin Landau in a movie they probably didn't even watch, just because he (a) is older and therefore "overdue" and (b) played a famous actor.

"The Revenant" looks damned good. I think they moved the wide release from Christmas to January 8th (maybe to keep from competing with another period piece in Tarantino's "The H8ful Eight"?)

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I can't agree that there is a "give the Oscar to the older actor when you can" bias.

Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) sure didn't deserve to win the Oscar over Hal Holbrook (Into the Wild), but he did.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So this leaked online.

I'd give it maybe a 6.5/10. The film sits at 2.5 hours, and that's quite a long time for this movie. The plot itself is mediocre, but the performances by Leo and Hardy were great. Camera work and cinematography were good, too, although I think there were too many 5-second landscape shots. The action shots are absolutely brutal in this movie. The best lines were delivered by Hardy at the end.

I think the length of the movie and relative slow pace of it will put off a lot of casual moviegoers.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Oh snap, screener season has started! Dvd and br rips everywhere.