1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Feb 2, 2015.

1. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

A trade back actually sounds nice. If we could get a 3rd rounder out of it, and a solid NT in the 1st like Phillips or any solid players at LB, CB, or Wr, that sounds good to me.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/gregcosell">@gregcosell</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/Midday180">@Midday180</a>: Randy Gregory probably better prospect than Jadeveon Clowney. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Paul Kuharsky (@PaulKuharskyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/570651715487322113">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Too bad he'll be gone before 16. Maybe Beasley or Dupree at 16.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really don't wanna hear about a poor offensive line for another season . . . .. let's fix that

Rocket River

5. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Usually this is a good idea, but if you haven't noticed we don't draft particularly well in mid rounds.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We actually had the 4th best OL last season in terms of rushing yards, sacks given up, and QB hits. A lot of that has to do with having a healthy Arian for most of the season but was pleasantly surprised with the group overall. With that said, Derek Newton (who might have been the most improved player last season) is a FA and a RT will be huge need if we don't resign him.

Pretty crazy that we have 8 players who started multiple games for us last season as free agents, 5 of them being full time starters.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Peat isn't a 1st RD talent. I'd take him in the 2nd, but he got worked against top d-line players. He needs to add a lot more strength, and I really don't see that meanness you want in a lineman. Plus his frame seems off to me, he's fat like he suppose to be, but its more like very fatty loose all of the place fat, instead of a fat strong guy like he should be. That might just be me, but it stood out.

We need to resign Newton and focus on a new center since Myers was our weakest link all of last year. I think if we keep Newton, we're set at T with Qberry, Yeatman, and Witzmann all coming back.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The good thing about Mayocks draft is there are players stacked from 16-23 that could fill whatever the #1 need is after FA period. Dupree if we lose Reed, Green-Beckham if we cut Andre, Jalen Collins if we lose Jackson and I hadn't thought of it before, a first round C if we cut Myers. Fredericks worked well for Dallas.

10. Dubious

Googled Peat and read some scouting reviews. They are about the opposite of your view.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/2/2...draft-giants-new-york-stanford-offensive-line

11. awc713

awc713 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't know much about college football, but Peat's booty and legs are HUGE (no homo). Would drafting Peat essentially be giving up on XSF? Seems odd to use the #33 pick on an O-lineman only to invest in another in the first round of the following year...

12. Dubious

not XSF at guard , Newton at RT and to be the future replacement for Brown at LT.

Since the NFL is a copycat league, Dallas drafting Smith, Fredericks and Martin and having success means more teams are willing to all-in on the Oline.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Can't see McNair signing off on Green-Beckham, especially considering all the bad PR surrounding Rice, AP, Dez (allegedly) this past year.

From NFL.com analysis:
    Considered a problem child at Missouri. Suspended twice by Missouri and arrested twice for mar1juana-related incidents. Kicked off team at Missouri in April 2014 after details of his alleged role in an alleged burglary were released by Columbia, Mo., police. He allegedly shoved a female student down some stairs during the alleged incident, but no charges were filed. Missed entire 2014 season.

14. Genesis

Curious for those of you that like Mariota, I've seen some mock where eagles trade up to 5 for 2014 1st and 2nd, and 2015 1st and 4th. What would you guys give to move up to say 5th if Mariota is still there?

15. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Even if I was an advocate for Mariota, this team simply has too many holes for us to trade up for him. Trading up for him at 5 would not be worth setting this franchise back a couple of years. However, if he did happen to fall past the Jets and actually was available at our pick, I'm not opposed at all to selecting him.

16. Genesis

Agree that we do have a lot of holes so I'm almost certain we aren't trading up. Just hypothetical...

17. Dubious

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 2h2 hours ago
    Andrus Peat is very tech savvy, he's one of the safest picks in this draft. He's a 10 year starter, starting year one.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 2h2 hours ago
    I gave Peat a 1st round grade & he's similar to Nate Solder. Tall, athletic, fundamentally sound, long arms, & smart which is big to O'Brien

18. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I would be more than fine spending high picks on O-line. We did lose 3 quarterbacks last year to injury.

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I heard Qberry is in remission, but I wouldn't bet on the chance he'll be ready for the season.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

But none of those were really the OL fault, where they? Maybe Duane Brown should've been in the weight room with Mallett to prevent him from tearing his pec.