1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Dude, in this world of 50/50 booking, I don't really think that it matters. No ones remembering this in 2 weeks time.

Also, AJ is probably going against Cena at SS. So he's fine.

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I understand that but you had so many other options to take the pin especially after he took it at Battleground. I just hope he beats Cena and takes the title from Dean.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Also bummed out they didn't debut AA tonight but I understand why. I am expecting them to be pushed to the moon like Finn.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

As of now it's face vs face which is always interesting. Maybe this is just to make Dean look stronger, by beating an overselling Ziggler, going forward with the title.

The roster is weaker than Raw's and the growing pains are gonna come faster than expected probably. I'm interested to see who they have planned for Bray, all that's left is Crews.

They also need to figure out what's gonna go on with the tag teams and the women. They all can't just be fighting for no reason with no title in the picture. New Day's amazing, despite Sonny boy segment, but their lack of defenses look even worse when 50% of the tag division are now gonna be fighting for nothing.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's actually pretty dumb that one or two of Owens/Zayn/Cesaro are not on Smackdown. They need one of those guys on Smackdown pretty desperately. At least much more than Rhyno...

I'm not gonna complain about Shelton Benjamin though.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Im very happy Shelton Benjamin is back and even if it's just one time I wanna see an American Alpha vs Shelton/Apollo Crews tag. I think he could be pushed as a top guy. I'd take him over Ziggler vs Ambrose

Rhyno looked like he put on some weight in his NXT match with Joe but he still moved around the ring like old ECW/early 2000's WWE run. It was a pretty solid and hard hitting match. Guy is legit tough, still takes hard bumps and will make whoever they wanna put over against him look good/and protect them. I think that's a solid addition.

Shinsuke and Joe are who I wanna see up against Cena, Ambrose, Bray, Orton, Crews, Corbin, Shelton week too week

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Smackdown wasn't bad, Raw just set the bar pretty damn high. SD Live only having 2 hours will hurt them a bit but should still have a solid show in 2 hours if NXT can do it in 1 hour.

Ziggler is one of the hardest workers, he was another victim of getting a push too early. I like his work, deserves a title shot but nobody believe he will actually win the match.

I'm happy Shelton and Rhyno is coming back, they have credibility which they are more likely become jobbers to push the "new era" roster. Rhyno will probably have a program with Corbin or another NXT call up while Shelton can pretty much put anybody over.

8. VanityHalfBlack

It's their first live show in like decades of course it will suck, come on! Give them some time, the show will get better, I'd say in a year or two. You don't need to bring up Nak/Joe/Bayley/Asuka right away. NXT needs to make that money right now. Hell, those 4 top players in NXT can make a living selling house shows. House shows are better than televised shows anyways so don't need to rush them to SD.

9. Dave2000

I got a 3rd ticket now since my cousin backed out, let me know if you're still interested

10. Beavis Stiffler

Last night's Smackdown was not that bad. ;) :grin: :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

11. buffalobills!!!

It's diva time

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

First viewing of Zack Sabre Jr! That submission is brutal.

Gulak's dragon sleeper and the deranged Brian Kendrick sticking the ropes in that guys mouth and kicking the ropes, drawing a mouthful of blood. Coolest thing I've ever seen.

Surprised they debuted Ibushi on NXT

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I thought RAW was excellent

Smack down wasn't bad either but whoever is directing the camera work needs to be fired. Very odd camera angles during the matches

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wish they would have left Alexa Bliss down in NXT for just a little while longer. After her last match with Bayley, I think she was on the brink of a huge breakthrough with the crowd. As is, she comes up without too much momentum, and NXT is left with a massive gulf between Asuka and everybody else.

But my god, I don't think I've ever seen somebody add muscle as effectively as she has. She's added quite a bit since she debuted, and holy hell it went too all the right places

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

She's always had a bubble butt, and she's had a good following with the crowd since she turned heel. She was pretty much the reason Dash and Dawson were relevant. I would guess she's the best on the mic for the smackdown women.

Disappointed in ZSJ's match, but I know the quality he can put out and I'm looking forward to the next round vs. Gulak. Also good to see the CWC won't just be about spots or styles, but storytelling also with Kendrick turning the crowd against him so well.

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Who all is going on Saturday? Judging by the 2 cards for SA and Corpus Christi the main event is either going to be

Joe/Roode vs Nakamura/Balor or Nakamura/"Cien" Almas

with Bayley,Asuka,Nia Jax, Hideo, Aries, Revival, Gargano/Ciampa, Carmella, Mojo, Blake and Murphy all on the card. Kinda bummed there is no TM61 but they are probably headlining the Florida shows.

Really hope we get Nakamura/Finn tagging in Houston for Finn's last NXT show.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, I'll be there!! I get to see Bayley and Asuka/ Johnny Wrestling and more, holy ****.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Looking forward to it too.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What's the least you would take for them if you still got them? I want to go but I just had to replace two tires on my car so I'm a little broke lol

20. Dave2000

hit me up by email on my profile