1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Can't believe they pushed Balor through the roof on his first night but Rollins/Balor at SS will be incredible.

LEGIT BO$$

2. VanityHalfBlack

Holy ****, new Japan is taking over. Imagine Finn/Nak/AJ win the title this year? Then it truly is. But, I think Joe might give Nak his first loss as they might bring in Nak for royal rumble. What do you guys think?

3. VanityHalfBlack

And if they're going to bring up Joe this year, he might lose his title to a TNA guy. Maybe EC3? Unless you see Aries getting the title or even Roode? I mean the guy hasn't even gotten TV exposure on nxt yet. Just house shows

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No conspiracy, I don't think.

Random Cousin was put in the (IMO) most anticipated match of the first round.

Usos got lost in the shuffle; too many good tag teams right now. Same thing happened to the Vaudevillains. Brand split should help both. Them lifting Dean was kinda odd, but I think that could just be them trying to distance themselves from Roman. Because...

Roman Reigns is toxic. The surest way to get booed is to support Reigns. I doubt even The Rock would want to be on Roman's side at this point. And Steph hating on Roman goes towards his whole not bad/good just THE guy schtick. Also think the McMahons are less than in love with Roman after getting busted for performance enhancers.

All that said, I was very surprised that Balor got the win over Reigns.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Reigns had a unprecedented push handed to him on a silver platter, and for him to get popped like that, he was gonna pay. In the long run it will do him a lot of good, he was gonna keep floundering otherwise. Now maybe they can start to give him a little color. Hopefully they don't just try to spin this into an underdog redemption story, because the fans will see right through that, let him evolve.

On the other end, Sasha Banks. She was never hand picked, she was just another girl in NXT. Every time she got her chance to shine he delivered. She got over strictly by performance, and it's great to see it translating all the way to the top, she's even over with the casuals now. A fairly dead crowd like last night was hanging on that result, after being largely indifferent to start. Girl is the truth.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was one of the better women's matches I've ever seen.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Reigns is just getting punished, losing cleanly 3 of the last 4 matches since getting caught? That is unheard of just 2 months ago. I was REALLY surprised that Finn got the victory, I just hope he gets this mega push then just doesn't die down so quickly like Sheamus did when he first debut. It's probably because he's getting up there in age since just turned 35 yesterday and not wasting any time with him.

Summerslam should be fun and can't wait to see what Smackdown has to offer tonight. I think the 2 hour format will help them, less gimmick spots within the time frame.

Great match from Sasha/Charlotte, that rivalry is going to be awesome for the next few months.

#4507 Dave2000, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Sin Cara beat up Sheamus twice, maybe that is why he's not getting the push since then??

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he did win MITB last year and got the title for like a month but he hasn't been relevant outside of that other than his first push when he debuted, and WM 28 when he had his 18 sec win vs. Bryan Danielson w/AJ Lee

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Royal Rumbles not for 6 months. Pretty sure Shinsuke is the next NXT champ and Joe comes up first after getting his rematch, since that's what just about every NXT champion has done.

SS weekend is going to be great

Balor/Rollins
    Shinsuke/Joe
    Sasha/Charlotte
    Styles/Ambrose?

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

So when an NXT wrestler becomes ready for primetime, how do they decide which show that NXT'er goes to?

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

They havent said/decided

Both shows have main event guys but RAW is loaded with fringe main eventers (Zayn, Owens, Cesaro, etc) so I'd hope Shinsuke, Joe, etc end up on SD

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a Ziggler fan personally.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Smack Down sucked....

Bayley should have been the one to come out at the end when they were showcasing the Womens. Crowd goes wild.

New signings? Rhyno? Benjamin Shelton? Why not sign some NXT talents since its the NEW ERA?

Dolph Ziggler vs Ambrose? I think AJ Styles would have been better.

So disappointed. Raw has all the good names.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Enzo & Cas really made the Club look like ass clowns. Styles has too much indie in terms of delivering promos, it's hard too see them putting him as the top guy right now.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Here's the thing with Ziggler.

And I've never liked the guys work. (overselling is just as bad as underselling)

But there is no point pushing a guy now out of nowhere after he has been buried for what - 5 years? - ship has sailed and there is no righting the wrong.

17. buffalobills!!!

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Woulda picked Bray

19. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, smackdown is like a parody in itself. Why am I intrigued? It certainly is different from Raw. Maybe that's a good thing, lol

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I wish they wouldn't have had AJ eat the pin, its really starting to get annoying. Let Baron Corbin or Apolo take it.