1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cool, I'll find it and upload it. Preshows are posted on youtube. Always gonna hate the random no-sell

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Zayn/Owens easily a contender for MOTY, what a freaking match.

3. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm sensing now that Smackdown has the WWE championship, they'll bring back the other main championship for RAW. Seth Rollins will continue to b**** about how he SHOULD have won and Romans will come in. Stephanie will then announce that they face in the main event for the main title.

Who watched CWC? That **** was awesome, standouts that lost were Johnson and Da Mack. Their competitiors were freaking great.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cesaro starts at 40:15
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oprRq2jPoFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's scripted. But damn man, that smile on Sasha's face when Bayley came out was legit. Like a proud moment.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Yup. What an awesome moment.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Hope Bayley is on RAW

Zayn/Owens was amazing

Bayley/Certified G's/Zayn/Owens being mega stars

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Somebody threw something at ZAYn when it showed the locker rooms, can only assume it was KO in there never ending fued

9. VanityHalfBlack

Raw still won in my opinion. SD needed that win from Ambrose. It would have been a clean sweep for Raw if Dean lost that match. LOL at Rowley coming out of nowhere trying to intimidate Rusev and Rusev looked at him like WTF?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very good PPV overall.

Young/Miz was terrible and ended terribly. Not a fan of Darren Young personally.

Becky/Natalia was ok. I swear Becky does nothing but get her ass kicked. I wonder if/when she'll ever win.

Everything else was great.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

great show last night, agree that Young/Miz and Becky/Natalia were the only low points in the show

Interesting to see where they go from here with the brand split with another collaborative PPV for Summerslam along with it being a 4 hour show. Pumped about it since I'll be there!

couldn't be happier for Bayley's debut, seeing the reactions on Youtube are priceless, she's definitely over with WWE Universe. Definitely give a listen to Jericho's last podcast with her as guest, she has crazy stories growing up as a fan, meeting stars from the attitude era to make you feel old. Definitely a fan of Pamela Martinez......

12. VanityHalfBlack

You're not going to takeover: Brooklyn? There's gonna be an evolve show on that weekend too. I think ROH has an event on the same week. If I'm not mistaken.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Segment was really awkward, and made it clear that Cesaro needs a lot more mic work. Even if it was scripted, you'd think he would rehearse his answer to Renee's question.

Seemed like Cesaro was struggling to make something up on the spot.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Oh, I'm going to Takeover, I actually only got tickets for NXT/Raw, and winging the Summerslam tickets, may pay less or more waiting last minute but I'll take the chance with tickets for for $150+ for decent upper level seats

I'm interested in going to the others but won't have time since I'll be hanging out with my cousins who I'm staying with when I'm not at the 3 events.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

And, this Wed. after NXT, we see Sabre Jr. and THE Brian Kendrick.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Raw was pretty lit. Looking forward to Raw coming up.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah gonna be hard to top it. I was thinking damn, I wish the one in Houston was the first new Raw. Would have been a great one to go to in person.

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I cannot believe Finn went over clean. Rollins/Balor should be incredible.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I feel like there's a conspiracy to crap on the samoans, or at least the anoi (sp) family. The random cousin was the first to be fed to Kota Ibushi. Uso's losing last night got a huge pop, and they were the ones who had to lift Dean on their shoulders when he pins Roman. Roman got dumped on both by Stephanie and in the ring when the match starts with everyone ganging up on him. Even Sami Zayn wasn't above it which I thought was hilarious. And that "I'm Samoan, enough said" line was just the worst.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah, I couldn't tell whether Renee was trying to push/challenge him to get more emotion/realism or whether she was trying to be a little antagonizing, but she is a very good interview based off of her show.

The body language for Cesaro was definitely low in today's opener too. He can do so much, I'd rather him not try too hard to spam uppercuts.