1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm aware of all that. Which is why I said "I'm not who will really give a real chance" maybe a team gives him a camp invite.

My point was to everyone talking about him coming back to the Texans which is does not seem like something he would even consider. May a 1 day contract when he is officially retiring, but that is it.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And my point is that he's unlikely to have any team offer him a roster spot, so if the Texans did, he'd probably jump on it. It's very likely that or nothing.

That said, the Texans won't offer him a roster spot because he wouldn't make the team out of camp at WR due to the depth at that position so there's really nothing to discuss.

3. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Strong will be a huge factor this year. What reason do you have to think ha the team does n ot believe in him, just the opposite I think.

Miller will be a major slot player this year, he is dynamic with the ball in his hands and has the instincts to get open. Agree with 3 and 4

AJ has no place on this team except as a player/coach with very little if any of the player side of it. He has no chemistry with Brock and has lost most of his speed.

I can see him as a coach to the young wide receivers.

4. awc713

awc713 Member

I just don't see how he has regressed THAT much to the point where We can't play him. Indy was a train wreck last year, but was he THAT awful? I mean, he looked like he could still play in his last season with us.

5. CallMeTheDream

I'm really not understanding why everyone wants to give up on strong all of a sudden. He showed good discipline last year by losing the weight and continued to improve over the season. Just a year ago he was considered a steal in the 3rd, he'll only get better with more time.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think Strong will turn some heads this season. He's definitely going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

If he has a disappointing preseason, he's liable to get cut.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Don't get me wrong, I love Dre, but let's think about what that would do to Nuk. I kinda think Nuk sees this team (receiving group) as his now. That could be a little weird.

I think its a little soon to call Strong a bust. The guy was turning it on at the end, and it was his first season. We had Nate as number 2 and shorts, he didnt have as much of a chance, he will now. Also, he made some huge plays. Don't forget he had no one at quarterback all season (that is hoping Bos ends up being good).

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is that a weed chip?

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NTh4Ba-mht8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andre Johnson was seen at the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash">#Titans</a> facility today</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/758052276128784384">July 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He really needs to just hang em up, when he wasn't good enough to be on the Texans, he went to the Colts, now that he's not good enough to be on the Colts he's trying out for the Titans.....SMH I guess the Jags get a shot once he's cut from the Titans.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The Titans? Cmon Dre. Don't go out on a 5 or 6 win team.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's all about winning though.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well that rules out the Texans

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

We should win 10. Keyword Should

15. Mr. Clutch

There was a chance of that before Watt got hurt. The more I read the more I think he won't be 100% until halfway through the season

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, but if JJ Watt is out for significant time and the offense isn't as awesome as it's supposed to be and Clowney doesn't stay healthy or play to his potential, then the Texans could win less.

17. Mr. Clutch

No guarantee Duane Brown will start off 100% either. Lots of new pieces on offense. Gonna take some time to gel.

Was hoping for an elite defense but not gonna happen until Watt is healthy.

18. Buck Turgidson

Andre Johnson is a bust, I blame Bill O'Brien.

19. Mr. Clutch

Don't worry, BO'OB used 7 picks on WRs the past two drafts. Also signed Cecil Shorts and Nate Washington.

I"m sure one of them WON'T be a bust

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pathetic. What's next, AJ80 gonna sleep with OPs wife?