1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This I can not forgive. I mean, it'll be fine when he retires but still

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's funny about this is that the Titans potentially have the worst QB in the division and very likely have one of the worst teams in the NFL. I wonder what Dre is going to say during camp to hype up the new garbage team he's on

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dre just going to cash those checks. As great as he was it sucks he never had a deep playoff run.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Nothing to appreciate about this move. I get that he's just trying to cash checks while he still can, but the Titans?? Barf.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Talent around him was terrible until Kubiak regime.

If Schaub didn't get hurt that one year, or even if Jacoby just didn't fumble, I think we make the Super Bowl.

Just looked at last years stats, he was still better than Cecil Shorts smh

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Even with the Jacoby fumble they still had a chance to win that game. Fumble was in qt 1. Tj Yates just s*** his pants. 3 picks but should have been 6. Ravens dropped atleast 3

7. Mr. Clutch

That team had so much talent. Playmakers on both side of the ball and strong lines. Such a shame Schaub got that injury, but he was always sort of fragile

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Matt was healthy I think we beat Ravens but I can't see Schuab winning a title game in NE the way flacco did

9. Mr. Clutch

Maybe not but we had Foster plus a better defense no?

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

I'd still take Mariota over Brock and believe we still have the "worst" QB in the division but it's no where near the gap it was last year.

All 4 teams in this division step up this year to make it the best in football with 3 of the 4 making the playoffs as long as health concerns don't get in the way.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

QB's don't "win" games, why is this myth still alive? The re-animated corpse of Payton Manning just "won" the Super Bowl, honestly that has to be the least intelligent and most annoying myth still going in sports.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You dont think replacing Yates with a healthy Schaub (a top 10 QB at the time) would have been a significant upgrade? We still had a chance to win despite what Yates did on the field. Even average QB play would have won us the game.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see. Mariota had that one game where some people thought he was awesome due to checkdowns going for TD's due to YAC but I don't think he was impressive overall. Also Brock is going to have a LOT more weapons than Mariota so it'll be easy for him to look better than captain checkdown will look before his inevitable injury.

14. Mr. Clutch

Yeah, I think Brock is the 4th best QB until he proves otherwise. Thus far the other guys have shown more.

Jax seems to be the sleeper team in the NFL this year. Vegas had them at 7.5 wins with the Texans at 8.5 wins....before the JJ Watt surgery. Indy was at 9.5 which surprised me. Luck was so bad last year and the OL sucked, but they say he was injured.

Unless Watt comes back quickly and 100% 3rd place isn't crazy

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, I was responding to the part about how Schaub couldn't "win" a title game in NE like super elite QB "Average Joe" Flacco did based on the Ravens defense playing incredibly well.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would have been a nice matchup with our defense that season. Even better if Mario had stayed healthy

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"looking like Larry Holmes, all flabby and sick"

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There goes whatever small shot homeslice had at a HOF bid.

Hopefully he can latch on somewhere to get a ring before its all over.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Grow up

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/W3Wht"><a href="//imgur.com/W3Wht"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>