1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

HUBIE BROWN is a pathetic commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I thought he was just rooting for the mavs coz they are down in the series... what commentator wouldn't want every series to go to 7 games?

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I see JVG really fair and calls it both ways while Hubie is just hardcore biased fan like you can actually feel and hear he is so rooting for the mavs and gets upset when we make a bucket. He even got upset when Harden made that last basket over Tyson chandler and he might be secretly in love with Dirk since he never stopped bragging about him the whole series. Not to mention according to Hubbie ass d******d, we are winning because the mavs are undermanned.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Hubie is calling the Cavs- Celtics game right now. It is pretty obvious that he has tendacies and prefers the underdog. That doesn't make him anti-rockets or whatever.

He commentates as if he's coaching and obviously gets lost in the game. Some people enjoy that sort of thing. I find it particularly interesting during neutral games

1 person likes this.
  4. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Was JUST about to post this as well. He just prefers the underdog in any game he's commenting. The Rockets are rarely that big of an underdog, so that's why we never really hear the bias on our side.

He also just wants to watch good basketball, so when someone doesn't box out and gives up an easy put-back, he'll groan.

Lastly, he wants to watch good games. So, when a team is up 2 with under 30 to play and makes another basket, he'll groan because that pretty much solidifies the game and doesn't give the other team a chance.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Did you watch the game?

The Rockets were up by 1 point, not 2, when Harden made that jumper. We were up by 3, Ellis made a layup, Brewer hit 1/2 free throws and Ellis missed a jumper. We won by 2.

The game was not solidified. If it had been solidified by the jumper it would have made this an all-time great shot. It was a good game that Harden ended.

6. BigTex

BigTex Member

Just watched the nbatv replay, it was worse than I expected.
    He said some complimentary things about our players but he showed a lot of

Excitement/cheering when Mavs did well
    Disappointment when the Rockets did well
    Anger towards calls that went in Rockets favor

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think you guys are overreacting about Hubie. I am a huge Rockets fan, but I was not offended by any of his commentary. As one of the posters above said, I think Hubie roots for the underdog, likes to see good basketball, comments as if he were the coach, and likes to see competitive games and series in general. All of those factors played into the way he commented about game 3.

I agree, at times, it sounded like he wanted to see Dallas win, but probably only because he wanted to see a good series. I also got the feeling he respects Dirk, which is understandable given the career he has had. However, he also praised the Rockets many times when they made good plays. The world is not always against the Rockets, believe it or not.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That is extremely unprofessional.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I like Hubie Brown, disagree with the thread title, and don't need to read 18 pages to say so

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Hubie doesnt really say anything that is eye opening. His stuff is like...tell me something i didn't know already. He sucks.

11. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Ick. Ya get to complaining about Hubie Brown and we get stuck tonight with someone way waaaaaay worse. I HATE Reggie Miller as an announcer. Awful.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'd take a tape recording of Hubie Brown calling a Hawks Pacers game in 1996 rather than have to listen to Reggie tonight.

He is the dumbest color man out there easy.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Right, I like Hubie Brown.
    Right, I disagree with thread title. He is not an awful announcer

BUT, his slanted-to-underdog approach this series is INAPPROPRIATE, and neglectful for neutral national broadcasts.

I have absolutely no care about media's level of love for Rockets. Don't care about amount of coverage Rockets get. Its just THAT obvious that Hubie has all focus on Mavs and very little focus on Rockets.

Only rationale in Hubie's support is to say at least he's not slobbing the knob of the BETTER team or the GLAM team like some broadcasts tend to do. (Ex: Lebron's team and Lakers getting all coverage, other team gets forgotten). And that he's gonna do the opposite and cover the lesser team. I dont see that here, though.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He voted for James Harden as MVP
    He put Kevin McHale 3rd in his voting for Coach of the Year behind Bud and Kerr

/end thread/

15. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

There you go.

16. clutz

clutz Member

You know he was groaning as he submitted his vote, though.

17. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

He voted for the underdog.

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

This does not prove anything, who he votes for and how he makes weird noises whenever we make a basket are not related.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Holy **** hubie Hates the rockets...

Real question....does he do the clippers local games?

#359 Nice Rollin, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

LMAO Hubie Brown trying real hard to find a travel on that replay. First thing Hubie said after Harden hit it. "Harden...you see...he...uh...Doc..thought he dragged that back foot..."