1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Package Tjones and Bev for something.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

When they have a better team. Mirotic is a very nice piece which is why you want him on Rockets.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Is he a piece you build around, or someone you put around others?

Most likely he's the latter. He's probably closer to Ryan Anderson/Patrick Patterson than he is Kevin Love/Dirk.

I like him in the role he would have here, but I'm not going to make him something he's not. Still, he is young, and perhaps he becomes something more.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's not Love, but he's not Patterson either. He's a volume shooter.

5. basketballholic

If we want a shooting 4 from the Bulls....trade for McDermott.

6. malakas

malakas Member

He is third to second banana. He is much better than Rhyno and Ppatt.
    He has a killer pump fake great at drives , nice spin moves and face up game.
    He is adjusting to the nba 3 pointer and it's a matter of time to be consistent from there too.
    His defence even tho it's below average is also MUCH better than Rhyno's.
    But he has been a pro for many years and I don't expect many more improvements in his game except from getting stronger and consistent from the 3.
    Anyway I'm not gonna hype up Mirotic. He is a Bull afterall.
    But you are off in his estimated value for his team. He's not for trade unless for a star.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Dwight had it in his mind to bolt at the end of the season or was going to be seriously injured would you guys do a Nerlens Noel and fillers for Dwight straight up? I think Noel could provide where Dwight left off and then some even come PlayOffs..

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Hinkle is smarter than that lol

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

*Hinkie

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They just drafted Jalil Okafor and I'm sure Noel feels offended.

11. malakas

malakas Member

there is zero reason for Philly to do something like that. This is the exact opposite of their rebuilding "process". If Noel is traded it will be for a young player with potential or packaged with firsts for a young star, who is the same age as the rest of the core. Not 30 y.o Dwight Howard. Esp if he was seriously injured as you said.
    And Noel no matter what he feels has 2 more years in his contract and then becomes a rfa. So 6-7 more years at team control. He has absolutely no leverage to demand a trade.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Every position (starters & backups) looks great except for the PF position.

Dekker seems like he has the potential to earn some minutes at the 4, we have yet to see either Harrell or Dmo play, and we will do some small ball.

With that said I think it would wise to trade both Dmo and Jones (if Dmo doesn't have a break out season) for a consistent solid 4 on a fair contract, let Dekker/Harrell/Capela/Ariza/Harden get the backup minutes at the 4.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And then there's Capela who might already be better than Noel. Capela has some Playoff experience under his belt and barring injury (No history of serious injury) is probably worth more as well. I just thought it would be nice to pair up 2 big athletic 4/5s together. Can you imagine them being able to go at it all season long in practice. I know old man Dwight has to coast to save himself but Nerlens would be the ideal candidate for his replacement that's attainable at some point in time on the cheap.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Capella hasn't at this very moment, as much value as Noel, because he has shown almost nothing - because of lack of NBA minutes. Who knows by the end of next season tho. Noel has shown amazing DPOY potential. Not only rim protection and blocks but also steals rebounds etc..

[[[Theoritically..: If I were a gm I wouldn't like to pair them up. Because noone can shoot the midrange jumper and space the floor and at right now they don't look likely/projected to develop a good post game and become good two way players that can create their own shot.. If you had two of them , while defensively you would be perfect, offensively they would clog the lanes and result to very one dimensional and bad offence in the half court . I have to watch much more from Capella but I don't believe that Noel will ever be able to be a good pf offensively. He doesn't have good touch...and that's why I also think that the Okafor/Noel twin towers will fail and one of them will be shiped out in the next three years. Twin towers rarely work and it takes usually two way players from both center/pf to work. ]]]/

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Why would Dwight bolt? is there going to be another team letting him take 1/4 of the season off?

16. mockster

mockster Member

What are the chances we trade tjones or dmo + fillers for another PF?, To be honest were pretty sound at every position and even our current PFs are respectable but that is our weakest position regardless.

17. Raven

Raven Member

If D-Mo can stay healthy, I think Morey moves either him or Jones. No doubt that his back surgery complicates everything.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

It will be interesting if DMo isn't healthy, do you resign both (since Dmo's contract value will be lower)?

19. malakas

malakas Member

If he isn't healthy for 12 months?? Then that will mean his surgery wasn't effective and all signs point to the opposite. If he reinjures himself on the other hand then he will likely get 10 per at least. Too much money and too many teams that one at least would be willing to take a chance on him for 2+1 years to see if he can get healthy.

A trade scenario that has been thrown around too many times is Scola + 2016 Toronto first lottery protected for Jones. From Raptors fans.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Who says it will be lower? All it takes is one desperate GM.