1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. basketballholic

No attempt to ridicule malakas. If I wanted to bludgeon you I would've done it. Quit twisting what I say and try to put words in my posts that aren't there.

There is no logic to assuming Terrence is better than Turner just because Turner is a rookie. Too much to learn???? Terrence hasn't learned to rotate, box out, or shoot a basketball in 3 NBA seasons. Assuming he is automatically better than Turner because he's been "developing on a rookie contract" is ILLOGICAL.

If claiming to be a genius talent savant is the way you take it when I say you have no evidence that Terrence is a better NBA player than Turner then I'll take it. I'm a genius talent savant.

2. malakas

malakas Member

bleh
    I think that JJ Hickson may be bought out.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ugh .... Now the random trade thread is the random TJones sucks thread .... You should take it to PM's and save the rest of us the aggravation of reading this in yet another thread.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

This.

5. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

This is something i can seee happeningat the deadline if the OKC thunder somehow (injury) have a bad season.

Tjones
    Brewer/Ariza
    Decker
    and first round picks
    for Durant

Lawson/bev
    Harden/thornton
    durant/Ariza
    Donuts/ariza/harrel
    Howard/capela
    Hello championship!!

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Channing Frye is now available by the Magic as he is not part of their longterm plans. Don't see how we could make that deal work now that we are hard capped but he would be that stretch 4 we have been longing for. Damn hard cap! Jones better elevate his game.

7. malakas

malakas Member

his defence is awful. That's why he's made available. But the Magic won't eat his contract. So we can't trade for him.
    Soon there will be more made available over there. Fournier maybe Harris etc etc. . It's Skiles effect.
    I also want to see who the Celtics, Detroit and Lakers will let go from their SL because they have some interesting players.

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I'm going to guess PCP

1 person likes this.
  9. rullrich

rullrich Member

You can? 0/0 chance Durant is getting traded.

And now I've divided by zero.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If i was a gm and i had any indications my star player was walking I'd trade him and hoard talent and picks. But OKC ain't making the same mistake they made with Harden. They can still do a sign n trade in the summer if he's leaving.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

We need Mirotic, and the Bulls have a huge hole at SF.

HOU In: Mirotic
    CHI In: PJ Tucker, KJ McDaniels
    PHX In: TJones, Rights to Gentile

12. malakas

malakas Member

lol
    Mirotic is worth top 10 pick value. He also fits Hoidball like a glove. Aint getting traded for Kj who can't shoot. (doesn't fit their system). If someone getting traded that's either Noah or Taj Gibson.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

KJ's best NBA comparison is to Butler, who has no legitimate backup. Assuming he can learn to shoot, adding KJ would be huge for them.

Tucker is simply a stop gap. He's a quality NBA player that knows his role.

I don't know if there's any takers for Taj right now, and Noah might not be the same player going forward.

We will see. The Bulls are very lopsided for a championship quality team. They've got good players, but I have a tough time seeing how they fit. I'd argue that Tucker + McDaniels will add more wins for them than Mirotic over a replacement player (Gibson, Noah, etc.)

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Even if Tucker, McDaniels would help them more this season, long haul you go with the better player. Bulls aren't in a good position to go all out this season. Mirotic is the type of player Morey would likely go after.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

If Chicago isn't going for it this season, then when will they? Gasol, Noah and Rose aren't getting any younger.

I see adding another shooting forward as our highest remaining priority. Ideally he could also rebound and not be an empty suit on defense.

This looks like a deadline deal to me....for Mirotic or someone else. We will have a better idea of our rotation then, and can target teams that will holes at SF or are on track to miss the playoffs.

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

The Rockets don't plan on trading any of their players this season. They just put the whole team on billboards all over the city. Can probably put this thread on ice until the summer. lol

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

They may not plan to, but that doesn't mean anything.

I still think Morey will be on the phone.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

That means zilch. Players have been traded in the middle of community charity work.

I doubt we will see more than one trade, but I'd be a little surprised if we don't see a trade at all.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same here. There is some nice young talent on those teams and they won't be able to keep everyone. Morey can pick up another steal or two, on the cheap.

20. malakas

malakas Member

You don't understand. Mirotic is hyped and considered a future star and is just starting to get in his prime. He will never get traded for a role player.
    And Kj shouldn't be compared with Butler.
    I havent' seen the first preseason match yet, but did he improve his handles that much and his shooting? Kj is more like Ariza if anything. (not that Buttler's handles are amazing, but they are far better than KJs. and handles are very hard to improve on).

If let's say that Taj Gibson doesn't recover from his ankle surgery and Noah remains horrible (i think that this will happen coz it's bone on bone) then the next in line for trade would be snell, and mcdermott and portis. Not Mirotic.
    Their lineup will be something of the two :
    Rose, Buttler, ??? until Dunleavy is back, Mirotic , Noah
    OR
    Rose, Buttler ??? Taj Pau
    And they have problems fitting because they have one way players in their frontline.