1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No Howard, no Lawson

3. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Jones is good coming off the bench for now, he will just probably sign elsewhere once his contract is out. Dmo is going to get probably 5-6 per. and i guess Harrell will be taking jones spot. pretty much it, i see no trades happening this year like the above poster said, unless there a major injury to howard or harden.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dmo will get 5-6 million a year? that's not the impression i get from looking at the cap for next season, and what players are already getting this year.

unless i'm missing something.

5. malakas

malakas Member

maybe he missed the "1" and even that is starting to look naive.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been thinking about next years FA period for a while , pondering how much teams are going to throw at different players. I don't believe the salary structure is going to change a whole lot .... What I mean is , the superstars are still going to soak up most of the salary space while one or two guys on a given roster might get MLE money .... everyone else is going to be getting the scraps (vet min and rookie deals).

I think both DMo & Jones will fit in that MLE tier next offseason (assuming DMo is healthy).

Next years non taxpayer MLE is $5.628 million .... I expect they'd both be offered something in that range , one or both may get more , maybe in the range of Ariza's current salary +/- .... But I don't expect either to get anywhere near the max. They aren't superstars , players you build teams around , they are complimentary players who will be paid accordingly.

7. malakas

malakas Member

who are all those stars that will soak up most of the 1.07 billion $ teams will have in capspace next year?

8. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Well thing is, both jones and dmo have missed considerable amount of time in injuries. I just dont see some team offering them near max, nor 10 mil +. Maybe mle money or 8-9 mil , and this will force houston to probably match at 9.1 per, so but i just dont see them matching that for jones, hes not worth that money to boot...

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Admit it: you either missed last regular season or this summer's free agency. Otherwise you wouldn't say that no one is giving DMo 10M+.

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Dmo is going get paid this summer that's for sure! 10M + is very reasonable

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would love to get Ryan Anderson on this team. Perfect fit PF.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Dwight and TJ for Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon works, according to realgm. Risky trade for all concerned-- all four players in the trade have extensive injury histories. Might improve both teams.

Unrelated: what the heck are the Rockets doing with Jeremy Tyler? Keeping him under wraps? The few minutes we saw him, he looked great.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm falling to understand how Eric Gordon helps the Rockets at all.

Also not sure why you include Dwight in that trade - considering he is the player that Anderson would fit perfectly next to.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

Gordon to make salaries fit. Dwight, ditto, and call it an expression of faith in Capela. I'd do it after seeing Anderson's latest performance against us. He's recovered from his neck surgery, and now does that Dirk fadeaway better than Dirk does it. We'd have the best offense in the world-- if he can stay healthy.

#614 eman, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

MLEs and minimum salaries are not going to increase as fast as maximum deals. It will be easier for teams to fit more MLE sized contracts under salary cap with same number of maximum contracts.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

I wouldn't do this trade. The point of getting someone like Ryan Anderson is to pair up that type of player with Dwight. Now that you traded Dwight, you need someone to pair up with Ryan Anderson. As much as I like Clint, a lineup of Clint/Anderson isn't nearly as good as DMo/Howard.

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

You are correct, I hope. I just worry Dwight is a depreciating asset. Capela, OTOH... Also, Three Sandwiches looks like a capable backup C.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Nooooooooooooh

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Any chance Indiana parts ways with Paul George, who's unhappy playing @ 4? DMo + Capela + Beverley = PG13 ?

20. newAge_Rockets

He would be great, but I don't think we have anything New Orleans would want unless they want to rekindle that AD/Terrence Jones Kentucky connection.