1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Spurs fans

"For Scola + Lowry? Maybe get LA to throw the savior in the deal to back Dragic up?"

"^any deal with the rockets is a lateral move. lowry/kobe/artest/scola/bynum isn't much better if any better than this year team."

"lol the fat point guard wants to be traded.

I have a friend who is a Rocket fan and absolutely hates Kyle Lowry. He's the Rocket's version of Jarrett Jack."

"Players these days are such whiny little divas.

If this little ***** thinks they are going to fired Mchale because he doesn't want him there then he's due for a rude awakening."

" Kyle Lowry doesn't think he and Dragic can coexist, hates McHale
    That's what Morey gets for not trading players when their value is high, now Kyle just drove it down some more. It's cool though, Keep Dragic, and as for Kyle... [​IMG]"

"jamison is like 36 at shot 40% last year. he and scola are hardly an upgrade over gasol..i really don't see that team being any better honestly. that swap makes you guys so much ****tier defensively and on the boards."

"Damn although Goran is better than Lowry, LA would be scary as hell with him."

not really, Lowry wants to be a star, tbh..

"The Lakers need a PG that would accept a role player role, as a spot-up shooter..despite Laker fans claiming otherwise, which was the case with Sessions, a PG that wants to make an impact as a ball-handler and scorer won't fulfill his potential with LA..

They would have to accept a bench role, which Lowry would oppose.."

"Kyle Lowry is very good. He's better than Dragic." Response: Before the injury, yes.

"Lowry is good... but undersized, injured often and looks like fame got into his head at last."

"The numbers Dragic put up as a starter last year (18 points, 49% shooting, 8.4 assists, 3.5 boards) are better than any numbers Lowry has put up."

Lowry quoted, “I think I’m still a foundation guy. You can build around me. If I’m not here, that’s welcomed. If I’m here, I guess that’s welcomed too." - "Really? Is there a course he took that made him that? Because I sure haven't seen it on the court.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good player, and someone with the potential to improve, but a franchise player? Bit of a big head their Kyle."

"Damn although Goran is better than Lowry, LA would be scary as hell with him.

Response: What would be really scary would be the chemistry. Just what LA needs -- another whiny-ass punk.

He and Bynum could form the "Kobe was mean to me and took all my shots" club."

"Lowry wanted to be the starter in Memphis, but Hollins wanted to go with Conley which is one of the reasons he was traded. Now granted the situations are different than in Houston because neither Conley nor Lowry were worthy of a starting job at the time.

But I do think it's funny how Lowry thinks he's better than he really is. I mean, Lowry as a foundation guy?"

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know who gave him that idea?

[​IMG]

Lowry is actually really good, and is capable of being the starting PG on a contender given the right cast around him.

As for fan opinions, they don't matter.

3. izeroi

izeroi Member

Agreed. It's hilarious to go on their forums and see the absurd trade ideas they're throwing out. Not to say that doesn't go on in our forum as well.

4. damunkster

damunkster Member

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Lakers fans

Lakernation

Good news.

"This could be great news because Lakers can use the Houston Rockets to entice the New Jersey Nets in trading Deron Williams to the Lakers"

"Who was the guy on here who said Houston would not entertain Gasol for Lowry?

Houston has to make a decision on who they want to keep as their starting PG. It would make more sense to keep Dragic because the team was playing well with him at PG, he's not coming off an injury, has no problems with the coaching staff, and he is happy playing in Houston.

It would be hard to bring Lowry and Dragic back because Houston will have controversy on who starts at PG next season.

[same poster/next response] Houston will most likely be the team LA uses to trade with this off season. They will trade for Lowry, Martin, and fillers for Gasol or use Houston for a 3 team trade. Houston has the talent and contracts the Nets are looking for.

LA gets Williams, Houston gets Gasol, and Nets get Lowry, Martin (big expiring contract), fillers, and a first round pick. "

"If it means getting Deron Williams I'll take as many bad contracts as we can get. Beside we can just amnesty Scola after the trade or keep him. We probably will be trading Scola if we do end up doing a 3 way trade with Brooklyn, & Houston. "

"I dont know what this has to do with Deron Williams. Neither the Rockets or Lakers have players on the trading block that New Jersey wants unless picks are involved and teams cant amnesty players that they traded for. Only those who were on the teams roster before the start of the 2011/2012 NBA season are eligible to get amnestied. If anything Houston might amnesty Scola, But I dont see it happening. For 9 mil a year hes slightly overpaid but hes the least of their problems right now "

LakersGround.net
    "lowry almost will certainly come with either martin or scola
    unfortunately none fits into our TPE i assume?
    otherwise what will be ideal is our TPE for Scola (for houston it will be a huge salary saving move) + mcroberts and morris/barnes for lowry

sigh basically any permutation shall be entertained, considering how we need to make major improvements to capitalise on kobe's last years ..."

"Sessions + McRoberts + pick for Lowry?"

"want both Dragic and Lowry. LOL.

Pau, Sessions, Blake

for

Scola, Lowry, Dragic.

When we need crazy scoring, the line-up will be:

Bynum
    Scola
    Kobe
    Dragic
    Lowry"

"Pau for Scola, Lowry, Martin?

Even though that ship has sailed. Wouldn't mind Scola + Lowry + Parsons/Buddinger or something like that."

ClubLakers
    Re: Kyle Lowry

"Underpaid, like Pippen in Chicago and Artest in Indiana/Sacramento. He didn’t want to play with Conley. He doesn’t want to play with Dragić. He wants to be paid or to be traded to a team that will. I think that Lowry “wants a new deal” (rather than “wants out”). Just my read on the situation."

"Lowry/Martin for Pau?"

"MO Lowry is the best realistic point guard option for us.

He's tough, plays D, and hits his 3's. DO IT MITCH!"

"Lowry and Sessions would be a real nice fit for our PG's"

"Him and Sessions as our Pg's would give us the best PG rotation. lol. But if we trade for him, who else would we get? I don't want Scola, that's just another shorter soft Pau."

"^Yeah I want no part of Scola's contract. Kevin Martin's 12 million a year comes off the books after next season, so that might be an option. Since we need another big, we might need to find a 3rd team."

"Umm...Scola is NOT soft."

1 person likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Adios Mother ****er. Lowry is not that good to be demanding **** like that.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Move Lowry - he has more trade value and considering his unhappiness here, it's best to move him versus getting a new coach.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

LakersGround.net

"It looks like Lowry does not want to play for McHale.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7974223/houston-rockets-kyle-lowry-says-play-coach-kevin-mchale

How about this Lakers-Rockets trade:

Gasol
    Blake
    McRoberts

Lowry
    Martin
    Scola"

"I think Lowry is another guy that may disappoint due to Laker expectations. He's another 40 - 41% shooter who won't be able to throw a pea in the ocean in some nights, and it's going to drive us crazy."

"I think you may be on to something. Lowry has his moments but, like most players, he is inconsistent. I consider him an average defender at best and maybe average+ overall handling an offense. His 3 point shooting though is definitely better than Sessions. Before coming here I thought of Sessions as something like a C+ player (Lowry, B to B-) Now I think of Sessions as a C to C- player and I wonder if the Lakers could manage to lead Lowry down the same path if here.

Still, if Houston's hands are tied, though I'd prefer Dragic, I think the trade proposed, with some minor tweaking possibly, would interest Houston. Gasol as a center and a primary option still has the skill to help a team and they know it. I like the idea of Martin cutting into Kobe's minutes (hey Brown, did you pay attention to Pop while there?) and playing the Harden/Terry role. I'm hopeful, though apprehensive, that Scola can match Gasol's last two seasons--not jumping up and down with excitement here, but merely stating that teamed with Bynum, the downgrade could be negligible. Who knows though, he could find that downhill path as well."

I"t's GREAT NEWS to hear Lowry wants out if Houston keeps Dragic. It gives the Lakers multiple options now and a lot of leverage.

Now knowing all this, this is what Mitchell Kupchak can do

Use the Rockets to facilitate a 3-way deal with New Jersey.
    -Rockets can send Lowry (or S&T Dragic) with Kevin Martin's expiring and their #14 (lotto spot to be determined) pick to NJ.
    -Lakers send Pau to Rockets
    -NJ send a re-signed D-Will to Lakers

or

Worse case scenario, send Pau, Blake, and McRoberts to the Rockets for Lowry (or S&T Dragic @ $6M per), Scola, and KMart and try to milk the #18 pick in there (ask for the Lotto pick first)"

"Any trade that brings us Scola's contract is a bad one. Why pursue more PGs if they will be unable to have the ball in their hands, ala Sessions this season? We are becoming the Timberwolves, we will soon have 4 PGs on our team."

"Thanks for stating the obvious - of course D-Will has to agree to a sign and trade.

As for Howard, Brooklyn shot themselves in the foot by trading away their lotto pick to Portland. They better hope they get a top 3 spot to keep the pick and trade it again (which I have no idea if that is legal or not). At the end of the day it could just be Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, and a future #1 pick or 2 for DH12. Other than cap relief, is that REALLY the best offer?

At least with the Lakers you get Bynum ... and the very likely hood that he'll re-up with the Magic and becoming their franchise player."

"One of the problems with Bynum too is he will be a free agent next year. Given Orlando's seemingly perpetual free agency of Howard, would they be willing to invite this again?"

"It's not so much the again factor here. For Bynum it's about the money and the Magic would be able to give him the best of both world's.
    Franchise Player and biggest 5 yr deal available."

"I think cap relief is a smart move for Orlando. Structure the trade correctly and they could walk away with as much as $10 mil in cap space this offseason. Whoever their new GM will be, I would guess he will recognize that with the players they now have under contract (minus Howard), they aren't close to a playoff team."

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

LakersGround.net (cont.)

"I believe the PG position is still our biggest problem and requires an upgrade. Sessions is solid but at this point, it's pretty clear that he's best served either starting for a lottery bound team or coming off the bench for an elite team (I would personally prefer he comes off the bench for this Lakers team).

I think we can also agree that acquiring Deron Williams is a bit of a long shot. 2 things will need to happen for us to acquire him:

1. He must make it clear that he's not re-signing with Brooklyn

2. We must be willing to give up Bynum for him. It appears Brooklyn is not interested in Gasol and I don't blame them.

With that said, what other options at PG are available? Potential options that jump to mind are Dragic, Devin Harris, R Felton, Andre Miller, Steve Nash, Hinrich.

My favorite from this list is Dragic. Now, if we are looking to give up Gasol, we would have to be willing to take a downgrade at the PF position in order to simultaneously upgrade at the PG position.

If Houston is still interested in Gasol, can we get Dragic in a S&T, along with Scola? Is this a realistic scenario if you're the Lakers? (Perhaps ask Houston to throw in a future pick)

I might even be willing to go the extra mile and acquire Kevin Martin if Houston is willing to take back Blake, McRoberts (expiring K) and Eyenga."

"Pass on Dragic, don't care for him. I don't think him coming to the team will suddenly make us better. We need a bigger deal like D Will or Rondo and get some help off the bench."

"I think Williams is probably a pipe dream, the guy who could potentially be a realistic option is Nash.

He is a fantastic shooter from the field and the line, doesn't have a huge ego and is a tremendous playmaker even at his age. I know his defense is suspect, but no way is it worse than Sessions defense and his offense is way better.

"I suspect Nash will end up in Dallas, but if I was the Lakers I would take a long hard look at how to make that happen. You could get him for a couple of years, ride things out with Kobe and then do a total rebuild 3 or 4 years down the road."

"D Will is not very realistic. A lot has to happen for us to get him (see original post).

Rondo is even less realistic. At $11m a year, the only asset of ours Boston would be interested in is Andrew Bynum and that's a horrible trade if u're the Lakers. I doubt Boston gives up Bass and Rondo for an aging Gasol."

"Personally, I think Dragic and Sessions can form a very strong point guard tandem.

"If we got Scola and Dragic for Gasol and went out to sign Antawn Jamison, I think we have a two-headed monster at both the PG (Dragic and Sessions) and PF (Scola and Jamison) positions along with all NBA talent at the SG and C position. Only thing that would be left is another strong wing player to back up the 2 and 3 positions."

"Our best bet for Nash would be to offer a sign-and-trade using the Odom trade exception and a pick and then sign him to a three year contract starting at $8.5 million. Don't see him takinhg a two-year contract. Reportedly, the Sun offered him two years at $10 million per but he said he wants three years. I don't see him going to the Mavs. They are on the decline and there's nothing there for him. The Heat will make a pitch for him, I'm sure."

"trading for Lowry. With Blake under contract its sessions or bust. Way too many holes to fill to sign another free agent"

"Kobe does not need to change his game. The problem is when his teammates have the ball outside of Bynum they don't do their job, that's not on Kobe"

"You can do a 3-team trade, ya know.

Sorry but putting Dragic on our team won't make us any better. He might have a better jumper as of right now than Sessions, but Dragic will probably be used to same way Sessions is being used. IMO, if a top PG isn't an option for trading Pau or Bynum.. don't even bother. Keep Sessions as starter and trade Pau or Bynum for some other pieces like Dwight or bringing some good scorers to our bench."

"Get Dragic and Scola from Houston for Pau. Maybe even possibly Kevin Martin and you have a championship contender.

People don't realize it but Dragic is going to be a star. I'd trade Pau for him alone if that's what it took."

"^^ I strongly agree. I don't know if i'd trade Pau straight up for him but I believe Dragic and Sessions can form a very strong 2 headed monster at the PG position.

"I would either trade Pau for Scola and Dragic (S&T), which I think is very realistic.

Or I would trade Pau, McRoberts, Eyenga and Blake for Dragic (S&T), Scola and Kevin Martin. I would then go hard after Antawn Jamison and hope that we could keep Hill, Sessions and some of our potential FA's:

C- Bynum/Hill
    F- Scola/Jamison
    F- MWP/Ebanks
    G- Kobe/Martin
    G- Dragic/Sessions

Thats two deep at every position along with Barnes and Goudelock. If we can get Dwight for Bynum, all the better! I think this is a roster strong, quick and deep enough to defeat OKC. My greatest concern at this point would be the coaching."

"rom these PGs u named...Dragic, Devin Harris, R Felton, Andre Miller, Steve Nash, Hinrich

probably only Nash is a true upgrade over Sessions...others not so much..."

"problem with dragic. remember what sessions said. remember what gasol said. remember what MWP said. about playing alongside a legend like kobe and playing for the lakers. in addition to going from being the #1 or #2 option. to becoming a #3 or 4, or 5th option. most guys dont know how to deal with that. most guys dont know how to find their shots so they can contribute.

i dont think dragic we see today would be the same with a lot less touches. he's only good off the pick n roll. he's not a great penetrate and dish guy."

"I'd be very wary of any trade with the Rockets involving Scola. Dude has a terrible contract and is on the decline. Only way we should deal for him is if we get Lowry back too (or Martin if the pg included is Dragic)."

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is not exactly Magic Johnson making demands in 1981. Lowry has value because of his contract more than anything else. The Rockets should only do what is best for the organization in this case. The likes of Lowry aren't going to hold a franchise hostage.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I recall DM saying the same thing about Aaron Brooks.

The bottom line is words are meaningless, actions are what matters, and Morey treats players like assets, talks a good game in the press, but players see through his bull**** eventually.

Lowry knows he has been treated like an asset, hell, he had to sign a contract with CLEVELAND to get his money in Houston.

I doubt Kyle gives two ****s for the organization - even Luis said he was shocked last season and had bought into the team and their colors etc.

Big wake up call for Rockets players, they don't care for the org anymore, the family atmosphere is LONG LONG GONE.

If you treat players like objects, don't be surprised that they have no loyalty.

DD

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This question is specifically for you, DD. Do you think Les is going to go in another direction within say the next 5-7 years, and hire a new GM?

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Understandable because we don't have a superstar to build around and create that family atmosphere.

What else can Morey do given a mandate by Les to trade to win and not lose?

If Morey did any different, he'd be fired.

In my opinion, we are close, very close to getting that serious superstar upgrade. Whether it is Dwight or Dwight and Deron or Pau, Goran, and someone else, we are very close to having a core that we can contend with. And once we get that core, the family thing will all come back.

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Morey is OVERRATED

the sooner we figure that out, the quicker we can look for another GM, who has balls to pull the trigger on franchise changing trades

The way i see it, everybody on our team should be on the market. Morey values K-Mart because of his so called "effiency". But those stats dont take into account Defense, how many times is Luis Scola, and Kevin Martin scoring on opposing players, but getting abused on the other end much WORSE

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Lowry thinks that he has the same pull as a Dwight, Melo or Deron to get a coach fired and his prima doña act acknowledged. He is deluding himself, at least make an all-star team first, or lead a team into the playoffs.

SMH.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You realize the Jazz and Trailblazers have been able to do it without superstars.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, I didn't realize that. Blazers had Roy. He's a superstar in my eyes. Don't know what you call him. But that's what he was to me.

Utah had Deron Williams. Another superstar. Utah did what they had to do but they haven't contended since. Now, they are close too. Can they get a superstar piece or can one of their youngsters develop into a superstar? Time will tell.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

'Kyle Lowry might want a change of scenery, expect the Raptors to kick the tires.'

19. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I would use him and whoever else it took to move as far up draft as possible..I want Bradley Beal be the face of this franchise and I have heard some mock drafts have him going from 5-10...I personally don't expect him past 6 but regardless I think we could trade Lowry to blazers and hopefully land him (since they need pg). If he isn't there trade that pick and whatever other pick or players to get him..last thing I want to do is trade for an older player like Gasol who can't/wouldn't be face of team long, nor would I risk trading for a howard rental..let's get a young future superstar to build around..

20. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Please don't trade him for Gasol who sucked so much even as a third option