1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lakers fans also think they'll be doing the Rockets a favor by taking on KMart's $12mil expiring for Steve Blake's 2yr remaining for $6mil per. The unfortunate thing is, I can actually see a good chunk of clutchfans hate KMart enough to agree.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares what I said in a post on an internet message board, I am not working for the organization trying to get players to give it there all, Morey is...

DD

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think DM is going to take on 2 years of Steve Blake to dump an expiring contract. Worst case scenario, KMart's contract expires, he walks and the Rockets get 12 million peeled off of their salary.

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Let's trade Lowry and bring Llull over to back up Dragic. I think Lowry plus our two firsts can get us a sweet pick.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

KMart = amnesty IN A PREARRANGED deal (Minny?) with 'actual' deal well tilted to Rox. That's the best way to assetize IMO.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Maybe DM the GM should be more like...Cubes?

7. cod

cod Member

Kmart has a valuable "try before you before you buy" expiring contract. It's laughable for Lakers fans to suggest that Morey would deal him for that bad contract, hot garbage known as Steve Blake.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Llull is probably (definitively?) not coming over next season. Plus his coach stated in an interview that Llull is a combo guard from now on, not a PG.

Llull is well compensated and a national hero. Do not get your hopes up.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

WTF? Why would you amnesty an injured almost-but-not-quite all star player who has a great chance of being 100% at the start of next season? Martin is a top 10 scorer in this league if healthy, and as an expiring could bring in a boat load at the trade deadline.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I think Martin+Lowry package should fetch a decent player... uh, am I being too naive here?

11. Raven

Raven Member

Martin's game is probably suffering due to his attitude. Nothing about Morey indicates that he would ever give away a player just because they had one disappointing season.

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Kinda sucks, I loved me some Lowry. He would have been a great pg under jvg.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah they desperately need an upgrade at pG, they had Bayless starting for most of the year. They also don't need Davis with Jonas V coming over next season.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Teams can bid on amnestied players, so this sort of thing is impossible. Come to think of it, if the Rockets actually do amnesty KMart, someone will likely put in a significant offer. A team like the Pacers probably won't mind paying $5mil for Martin to upgrade their shooting.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just seems bit disingenuous to call Morey out for treating players like assets when that's what you have always advocated for many years.

Personally, I think you have to treat them as both valuable assets and as human beings at the same time.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I totally forgot how Morey at the beginning of the season says he wasn't happy with Lowry's play. He stated he wanted to see more of him, playing the way he did in 08-09 when he came off the bench.

So my guess is Lowry's problems with Morey and co. started prior to the season starting. He was asked to be leader and failed, then started to slump, got injured, infected, came back, was blamed and saw Dragic play great basketball.

Pair this with constant bumping heads with McHale and how Morey tried to make a trade for Gasol which backfired and caused an environment of players not having the confidence and trust from the organisation that they needed. This year was a terrible one and this is just the cream of the crop and shouldn't suprise us.

I am so glad when Alexander calls it quits, Morey is fired, McHale is gone and we can start afresh.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Funny how people keep bringing up Morey when this is clearly a McHale and Lowry issue.

People just want to believe what they want to beleive I guess. :rolleyes:

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny Morey and Les brought in McHale together...... Lowry wants to be on a playoff contender.....

You can roll your eyes all you want

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

Morey, get this done: Sign Goran, take a look at Zoran, get Llull and Motijunas over here, trade Luis, Kevin, and Kyle, draft wisely (Taylor), and hope for some luck.