1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgruntled Lowry feels it’s his time to move on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, May 25, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Kyle truly thinks this, then he's basically shooting himself in the foot. The Rockets have no need to trade him. At worst, they have themselves the best backup PG in the NBA that they can play 20-30mpg. And this player will only cost them $5-6mil.

OTOH, if Lowry remains a backup to Dragic for the next two years, he basically screws himself out of tens of millions of dollars on his next contract. In the end, if this does lessen his trade value too much, Lowry has hurt himself more than the team. After all, the Rockets are happy to pay his contract regardless of whether he complains or not. He's simply that good.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Revisionist history, the Rockets did not "severely" underbid on Gortat.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely true. Lowry could spend next season never seeing a minute of PT. Then he could be traded to the Bobcats at the trade deadline. He should consider the repercussions of talking to the media a bit more. He is so not Howard in many different ways.

4. Raven

Raven Member

You're right, by lowering his trade value, he makes it more difficult for Morey to ship him out.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

How about Lowry for Granger + 1st rounder

Makes sense for both teams as Pacers would move George to SF and sign Eric Gordon at SG.

Rockets need a SF and will get an extra 1st rounder to move up.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Never made it any worse for Deron Williams or Carmelo Anthony. Not seeing the point. If anything this helped Morey on his decision now. We can keep Lowry easily with his contract anyways.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Too much is being made out of a rift between McHale and Lowry. He is upset he didn't immediately get his usual minutes when he came back from injury. He wants 40 minutes a night, not sharing with Dragic. He knows McHale will give Dragic minutes. I would like Lowry to discuss it in private, but with twitter and so many other players using it, I am not surprised he went public.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

If as you believe this doesn't hurt his trade value, then why do keep complaining about how the Rockets treat their players like assets? .

9. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I'm really missing your point.

Fan perception of players and the team is irrelevant?

Players know not to go public so it is not worthy of mention?

No offense intended, I just can't get a handle on the point you are trying to make.

10. dje243

dje243 Member

I have to disagree. When dragic was in he pushed the tempo of the offense. Players were forced to move without the ball which created mismatches and open shots. The quick pace on offense led to more intensity on defense which would run up the score. Then Lowry comes in, slows the pace down, we lose our intensity on defense, and lose the lead. Lowry's return messed up chemistry, and i firmly believe that had he not come back after his injury we would have made the playoffs.

11. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

On Blazer boards, many member are estatic about this news are many are suggesting trading their 6th pick for Lowry. Get er' done Maury

12. Bball_Gill

Bball_Gill Member

I respectfully disagree. If anything, too little is being made of it, especially now that he is saying he wants out.

Going public is rarely if ever good.

Feuding with the coach is rarely if ever good. We are not talking about a HOF point guard feuding with a soon to be fired coach who has several seasons of disappointing results. This is not to say our season was not disappointing, but it was a first year coach and a player whose value we are presumably getting ready to learn.

The real disappointment for me was the manner in which the season ended. Lowry coming back, we are supposed to get better, and we just pull off an epic tank job. Nobody here has the perspective brought from the locker room and it would be a stretch to blame it all on Lowry, but it is just too much of a coincidence.

There is no buffer of extra talent on this team that we can just let attitude and chemistry go to hell.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm tired of these guys. Bunch of whiny b****es and floppers. Makes me sick. Shut the **** up, act like a grown man and play basketball.

1 person likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Clutch is right on, the Rockets have no sense of timing. In business, you sell high and buy low. The Rockets seem like they wait till a player has less value, then they move him.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's actually not true, they may only trade that pick, if they can't get a player they want, like Beal, Barnes, or Drummond. If they do trade that pick, it will only be to move up in the draft or on draft night. It's mixed bag, actually. Though, fans only speculate, and sometimes it's not even in the realm of what GM is actually planning to do.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/5/21/3034861/beal-and-marshall
    http://www.blazersedge.com/fanposts/active/2
    http://www.iamatrailblazersfan.com/MessageBoardRoot/tabid/158/aff/488/afv/topicsview/Default.aspx

16. allanivan

allanivan Member

link? I cannot find their posts regarding Lowry for 6th pick:)

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course it did. Utah traded Williams away BEFORE the situation became desperate. Now the Nets are going to get a lot less for him.

New York was just dumb. They could have just signed Anthony because he had said that they were the only team he would go.

Whenever a player let the world know that he didn't want to play for he current team anymore, the price just drops. When everybody knows that you have to sell something, they know they can lowball you. It's just simple market principle.

18. Raven

Raven Member

It's not that simple. Morey holds on to guys for those one or two days each year where GMs are more active (and desperate). The problem with this approach is that you're always holding out for deals that probably will never materialize.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Denver got a nice haul for Anthony.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well that a shame.

Although I think the writing is on the wall for Lowry and he knows it, so he is trying to get his shots in.

1 person likes this.